Round 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any statistics to back this up mate?
Nope. Just my opinion

By that stage if your 101st you have 100 people in front of you and I'd guess about a 300-400 point deficit. Now unless you have the most unique team ever, there are going to be teams in that top 100 with similar teams to you that are already in front and are going to be trading aggressively at the same fallen premiums etc.

So unless you find a hidden gem or nail your captain pick perfectly each week you can't make up the difference

Happy to be proved wrong but that's just my thoughts

Toxic by name, toxic by nature. JK :p

Yeah wasnt really referring to the first one obviously, just showing people what it was. But come on, you expect Fyfe to get up. Hit the trade button when and if he is not named. I see the benefits of just looking to see what your side will look like however so i do get it. Thank God for that reverse trade button!

Gold Coast at home...will he be rested?

Certainly didnt look 100%

Nope. Just my opinion

By that stage if your 101st you have 100 people in front of you and I'd guess about a 300-400 point deficit. Now unless you have the most unique team ever, there are going to be teams in that top 100 with similar teams to you that are already in front and are going to be trading aggressively at the same fallen premiums etc.

So unless you find a hidden gem or nail your captain pick perfectly each week you can't make up the difference

Happy to be proved wrong but that's just my thoughts
So the only reality in your initial post is that you're talking out of your arse? Thought so.

From memory 3,000th

But i could be wrong on it being dimmawitts

My bad
Rd2 5897th
Rd3 1680 odd

Ok, I'll amend to top 100 by round 5 as I can see he was 55th by then.

Theory still stands that you need to back your unique players to get into that ranking zone if you started slowly in rd.1

Theory still stands that you need to back your unique players to get into that ranking zone if you started slowly in rd.1

Agreed 100% on backing your gut initially!

Likewise backing your gut to make a change if you can justify it after giving your initial choice a fair chance

Gold Coast at home...will he be rested?

Certainly didnt look 100%
As long as it's done on Thursday night and not an hour before the match, I can deal with it.

Fyfe to a $550k-$600k mid premo will allow to bank some $$$ and go Hartley/Tippa/Brown to Weitering in round 3

2234. Not too bad.
Fyfe & Barlow the only real disasters.
Wines, Shaw, Gawn and Dusty underperformed but acceptable.
The wins, Duryea, Parker, RGray, Hall.

Papely the only 'seemingly' must have rookie I missed.

Dodged any real bullets
:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the point of amending these numbers when you've clearly done * all research?

Don't state things as a reality when they're just your opinion.

2234. Not too bad.
Fyfe & Barlow the only real disasters.
Wines, Shaw, Gawn and Dusty underperformed but acceptable.
The wins, Duryea, Parker, RGray, Hall.

Papely the only 'seemingly' must have rookie I missed.

Dodged any real bullets
:thumbsu:

Paps not quite a must have just yet.
Watch and see for Rd2

Duryea is in for a good year. I'm hopeful he'll average 88-93.
I'd be happy if he ends up my D6 averaging 90. Think he's capable. Didn't have the best of days today and still scored well. Preferred him to any of the other sub-500k gambles in defence. Perhaps not the same ceiling as Yeo or Lonergan, but a better chance of reaching his ceiling than the others this year. Happy with my decision...so far ;)

Yeah you need to be top 100 or least close to it after 5 rounds - round 1 scores mean nothing though agree absolutely that you need to stick with your players unless injured, last season I was ~74000th or so after R1 but ended up coming 28th for the round in R2.

Yeah you need to be top 100 or least close to it after 5 rounds - round 1 scores mean nothing though agree absolutely that you need to stick with your players unless injured, last season I was ~74000th or so after R1 but ended up coming 28th for the round in R2.
Jeez thats a massive jump.:eek:
Unreal.:thumbsu:

2223, and about 16,000th after round 1.

Lower than expected but still acceptable scores from Shaw, Dusty, Laird, Stef and Gawn.

Disappointing from Barlow, but I'm not the only one wearing that.

Disappointed I didn't back myself in with JJ, but probably balanced out by not taking Adelaide's Lynch.

I've always started slow and left myself too much work to get back (got as high as 130th, finished 1000th-ish) so if I can be averaging 2200-2300 still after round 5, I'll be satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back