Round 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting week. 2157, with plenty of improvement throughout.

Backline generally held up well with Johanisen, Laird, Bartel, Weitering, Shaw and Dea. Improvement to come from Shaw as well as Adams who will play ahead of Dea from now on.

Midfield was appalling in the end and it's where the improvement will come from. Ablett was good as captain, Libertore was fantastic, Selwood got a good enough score and C.Oliver and Mills did what was expected. Rockliff was terrible with only 89, BCrouch was poor but is still finding his feet I guess after a long lay off. Fyfe was the big let down, but I can excuse one week because he is a beast who will average 115-120.

Gawn was a ripper for me and Jacobs was appalling. Rubs salt in the wounds with my other option in Naitanui going big.

Forward line was good bar Barlow.

Overall, a decent enough week, with plenty of improvement. No trades for me as I feel as though I've mainly got a good squad. Will moniter a few players through the next week in Papley and Hewett.

PM me if you want a few tips mate. Happy to help out the strugglers.

I'm in a bit of a bind mate, I could use some help.

I picked my team in January and then went on a cycling holiday in Europe. I stupidly bought the cheap package so my wheels had no wi-fi. Got back this morning and discovered that I'm stuck with Watson, Heppell, Ryder, Hurley, Carlisle, Monfries and Bellchambers. Plus bloody Swan injured and Jaensch retired.

I guess you could call me a struggler. Where do I start? I'm thinking Watson to Greenwood and maybe Ryder to Gault before his price rises too much?

By the way, in the spirit of trying to help those who help me, here's a tip. Don't go cycling in Europe early in the year. Not without long pants, anyway.

Our points for round 1 and 2 dont count for anything do they, it starts fresh when we start playing each other round 3 correct?
They count towards overall score and for people going for the 50k. In the grand scheme of things however, they dont matter at all until H2H start next week.

EDIT: anyone correct me if im wrong :)

Last edited:
2346 and 1546th. Very happy with the start. Maybe got a few little coin flips wrong, but hey that's the nature of the game. Bring on Round 2!
Sounds like you got a few coin flips right! ;)
Nice score mate!

Can anyone help me understand why my emergency didnt come on the field?

I had Mason Cox on the field with the "C" trying to exploit the loophole. Nic Nat was my emergency ruck and went off.

As expected Cox didnt play (wasnt even named) but i didnt get Nic Nat come on as an emergency??

I had Mason Cox on the field with the "C" trying to exploit the loophole. Nic Nat was my emergency ruck and went off.

As expected Cox didnt play (wasnt even named) but i didnt get Nic Nat come on as an emergency??

Was your forward Emergency a R/F?

Did you put the E on NicNat or just have him sitting on the bench? You need to turn on his emergency status.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you have Cox on the field in the Ruck or the forward line?

I had cox in the ruck on field, thanks
Post a screenshot of your round 1 score. On the right hand (my scores-rd 1)
Include the non playing players drop down

You emergency doesn't "come on the field", their score is counted, but they remain on the bench.

Add up all your players including NN and I think you'll find it will add up correctly.

Last edited:
1950 odd, I had Fyfe as captain (after deciding he was best over Danger and Goldy) as well as Barlow, Rockliff, JP Kennedy, S Jacobs. Papley and Adams on the bench while MDT and McCarthy spudded it up as F5 and F6. If I had a crystal ball I could have had 2300 with the correct setup on the same team. Not too worried though as I seem to have the right rookies and the premos who scored badly are proven SC performers who will pick it up as of next week.

Made a few last minute changes that may pay off though, brought in Weitering, Bartel, MCrouch and Stringer for Dusty, Shaw and a couple of rookies who weren't named

2113 and in the top 24%

The GOOD
Daniel Rich
Patrick Dangerfield
Gary Ablett
Todd Goldstein (C)
Aaron Hall

The BAD
Scott Pendlebury - give him more midfield minutes Bucks!!!
Tom Rockliff
Heath Shaw - my premo back, 87 is still a solid score but expected more. Uncharacteristic turnovers by foot also

The UGLY
Jack Steele - First player with the axe over his head waiting to drop.
Michael Barlow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back