Round 1 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just pullin' ya pisser mate.

Hah!

All good mate.

I do feel nervous with Higgins, Beams, O'Meara, Sandilands, etc all in my team and being made out of spaghetti though. :drunk:

On the other hand its a good excuse to trade if they go down. LOL! :p

Hope not mate. LOL!

I know I have a few risky picks (Higgins, Beams, etc) but I am quite confident in my team setup/selections and think I am in for a good year. :cool:

In for a better year than Carlton mate that's for sure

lol at bigfooty div6 being higher ranked than div's 1-5
I was in Div 1 in 2015 after a 201st ranked finish in 14.

Only about 2 posters made the top 1000 the next season IIRC from Div 1 and were only about ranked about 300-400, the rest were ranked between 1100-12,000 (I came 3588 I think and was shithouse last year at about 10k, so I didn't bother with any BF leagues this year)

It's damn hard to back it up, so much competition and scoring trends seem to change with certain players (key defenders and rucks over the last 2 years for example)

I reckon 2300 will be top 2000 this week.
Geez I'm good. Top 2000 was........ drum roll..........2301. :D:D

2132 for me. Should have been over 2200. Swallow late out meant I had to trade out Touk Touk for Mcarthy, and then Titch for Swallow. Gives me a nice midfield but one too many rookies on field. Treloar over pendles and giving the C to Fyfe over Danger alone has cost me 80 points. Could have been better but I suppose it could have been worse. Ranked about 44k but still only 168 from the top 2k.

Spewing I traded out Touk Touk. Think he is going to have a big year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That you Asho81 campaigner?
Nah not me mate. I'm ashos army. Only the one team required. The post u commented on suggested no Dangerfield or Fyfe, as only sandy and some other guy to go.
Ranked 18 ATM if u are really that interested in having a look.

2424..... ranked 18.
not really unhappy with anyone. Only error was not trusting or choosing nankervis over grundy.

Swallow out hurt me, got 46 from Barrat on field.
Hampton, Otten, Hannebury the other main offenders.

My complete review of my team from Round 1

Score: 2157
Round/Overall Rank: 34,367
Team Price: $9,923,700

Positives:
Andrew McGrath - After Swallow got injured, a quick change to McGrath got me 83 valuable points
Josh Kennedy - What a brilliant game from Josh Kennedy this week scoring 174 this week for my side and being my top point scorer for the week
The score - The first time that I have got over 2100+ in the opening round of the competition.

Negatives:
Rookies - Other than Dan Butler and Sam Powell-Pepper, the rookies for this season is as most been saying terrible this year with probably Taranto being the worst in my team
Callum Mills - With my defence being the killer this week, Callum did stand out and might be on the chopping block this week if it wasn't for the last negative
Nick Riewoldt - I don't know how bad his injury is but looking at my most traded out section already 9.68% of players have traded him out he might have to go

Possible Trades:
Franklin --> Riewoldt

Money Left: $76,300

Tom Stewart - 57
Mitch Hannan - 96
Dan Houston - 72
Dan Butler - 96
Sam Powell-Pepper - 78
Ryan Schoenmakers - 60
Curtly Hampton - 50
Jack Bowes - 64
Kayne Turner - 56
Troy Menzel - 81
Sam Petrevski-Seton - 59
Ben Ainsworth - 79
Riley Knight - 78
Andrew McGrath - 83
Will Hoskin-Elliot - 88
Jarrod Witts - 81
Caleb Marchbank - 97

The Adelaide and Nth Melb rookies everyone had did s**t but there was plenty of other high scorers. There's a reason some rookies start at a high price and that's evident after this round. Taranto and McCarthy didn't work out but every other high price rookie/rookie priced player was worth the coin.

It's a total gamble with the cheap rookies.....I mean....who the glory be had heard of Mitch Hannan and Dan Houston? Absolutely nobody was talking about them! EVW who did great in the JLT and was in everyone's side didn't even end up playing! Hibberd, Pickett and Eddy were also in just about everyone's team and none of them even cracked 30!

Troy Menzel - 81
Sam Petrevski-Seton - 59
Ben Ainsworth - 79
Riley Knight - 78
Andrew McGrath - 83
Will Hoskin-Elliot - 88
Jarrod Witts - 81
Caleb Marchbank - 97

All worth their price. Stupid not to have had at-least 1 of them in your side.
Nobody seemed to have McGrath in their side. He was the #1 draft pick for a reason.

Umm I had McGrath in as my late change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back