Round 1 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

59101485.jpg

Nah not me mate. I'm ashos army. Only the one team required. The post u commented on suggested no Dangerfield or Fyfe, as only sandy and some other guy to go.
Ranked 18 ATM if u are really that interested in having a look.
Ripe for a bet Nelso

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thinking of trading Simpkin and Greene if they stink it up again next week for Touk and WHE. Thoughts?

Greene was OK in the context of the flow of the game (imo). Have him, too, currently plan to persevere with the most punchable head in football, GWS should win more than they lose and score well across the year.

So after all that preseason planning round one is finally behind us and I'm happy with how it went. Scored 2,280 which alleviates the urge to rage trade early.

A quick review of my team.. It's probably more mid priced than guns and rookies. Wasn't too confident with rookies this year compared to previous seasons so I'm backing in my mid priced players to score well and generate cash until the byes.

Screenshot_2017-03-27-18-33-07_1_1.jpg
Def rookies were the most appealing of the lines this year so I backed in Laird as my lone premo and he was huge. Wasn't keen on Shaw and Docherty at their price but they're definite targets. Lloyd and Touhy were slightly underpriced and should be keepers. Marchbank had a strong JLT, delivered in the proper and will only get better. The real rookies didn't do too well, especially Hibberd, but it's only round one. Did consider Adams in place of Laird but he's injury history kept me away and I doubt I'll look to bring him.

Screenshot_2017-03-27-18-33-07_1_2.jpg
In the middle Danger showed why he's worth $700k, but the other studs pretty much scored their average which is what I want from them. Steele would normally be in my forward line but I took Butler's score using DC as a floating loophole. Steele continued he's good JLT form and was the top scorer for the Saints. Beams and O'Meara made decent returns and the other rookies are pretty standard and don't require comment. Wanted JPK over Mitchell but didn't have the cash so hoping he finds his way in during the byes.

Screenshot_2017-03-27-18-33-07_1_3.jpg
My rucks were selected for cash generation and decent points. Both are giants who will benefit from the new HTA scoring. Took Cameron despite him not being named. He's my forward link and should get games. Don't need Strnadica as I've got Deluca-Cardillo. Target is obviously Gawn.

Screenshot_2017-03-27-18-33-07_1_4.jpg
Running a big forward line this year as there's so much mid priced goodness. Nank delivered after the hype and Rough was okay. Steele is normally parked alongside them but DC took his place so I could take Butler's score. Collectively the three premos in Dahl, Macrae and Buddy did their job. On the pine was Eddy who was destined to struggle against the Swans. Did consider starting with JJK so missed out there but he's a target when he inevitably scores a sub 50. That being said Greene was in my team until Thursday. Also, the first bye round has me a bit nervous about my forward line but it always seems to work out.

No trades this week but a few of my rookies are on notice.

Last edited:
So after all that preseason planning round one is finally behind us and I'm happy with how it went. Scored 2,280 which alleviates the urge to rage trade early.

A quick review of my team.. It's probably more mid priced than guns and rookies. Wasn't too confident with rookies this year compared to previous seasons so I'm backing in my mid priced players to score well and generate cash until the byes.

View attachment 350590
Def rookies were the most appealing of the lines this year so I backed in Laird as my lone premo and he was huge. Wasn't keen on Shaw and Docherty at their price but they're definite targets. Lloyd and Touhy were slightly underpriced and should be keepers. Marchbank had a strong JLT, delivered in the proper and will only get better. The real rookies didn't do too well, especially Hibberd, but it's only round one. Did consider Adams in place of Laird but he's injury history kept me away and I doubt I'll look to bring him.

View attachment 350597
In the middle Danger showed why he's worth $700k, but the other studs pretty much scored their average which is what I want from them. Steele would normally be in my forward line but I took Butler's score using DC as a floating loophole. Steele continued he's good form JLT and was the top scorer for the Saints. Beams and O'Meara made decent returns and the other rookies are pretty standard and don't require comment. Wanted JPK over Mitchell but didn't have the cash so hoping he finds his way in during the byes.

View attachment 350606
My rucks were selected for cash generation and decent points. Both are giants who will benefit from the new HTA scoring. Took Cameron despite him night being named. He's my forward link and should get games. Don't need Strnadica as I've got Deluca-Cardillo. Target is obviously Gawn.

View attachment 350609
Running a big forward line this year as there's so much mid priced goodness. Nank delivered after the hype and Rough was okay. Steele is normally parked alongside them but DC took his place so I could take Butler's score. Collectively the three premos in Dahl, Macrae and Buddy did their job. On the pine was Eddy who was destined to struggle against the Swans. Did consider starting with JJK so missed out there but he's a target when he inevitably scores a sub 50. That being said Greene was in my team until Thursday. Also, the first by round has me a bit nervous but it always seems to work out.

No trades this week but a few of my rookies are on notice.
Nice team

Chances of Nank and Steele being keepers?

Fwiw I don't have either, looking at getting them both this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back