Round 1 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone wants to see how not to play SC in 2017, feast your eyes...

DBfoZFW.png

With my longing to be different, my 3-0-3, 6-1-1, 3-0-3 structure failed me miserably

Had a mare.
Scored 2075 to be ranked 68988. Yikes! :eek:

Decision to go with Gawn and Sandilands looks like a win so far. Tuohy, Steele and Higgins likewise. Laird and Danger good as ever. Houston and Butler were pleasant surprises.
Hannebury and most of the rookies were the major disappointments, but so many of my supposed premo's under-performed to varying degrees. All of Docherty, Fyfe, Selwood, Treloar, Hanners and Dahlhaus failed to deliver. I'll give Ryder, Roughead and Beams a pass based on their price...for now.

The only consideration at the trade table this week will be replacing J. Smith due to injury. Not sure there are a great number of candidates emerging however.
A bolder approach after next week might to bump an under-performing premo to someone like Heppell (if he kills it again), hoping to turn the likes of Smith into Marchbank (or better yet Jones).
Going to be hard to ignore Heppell and Jones if they deliver a similar performance again in Rd 2. Juicy price for each of them

Had a mare.
Scored 2075 to be ranked 68988. Yikes! :eek:

Decision to go with Gawn and Sandilands looks like a win so far. Tuohy, Steele and Higgins likewise. Laird and Danger good as ever. Houston and Butler were pleasant surprises.
Hannebury and most of the rookies were the major disappointments, but so many of my supposed premo's under-performed to varying degrees. All of Docherty, Fyfe, Selwood, Treloar, Hanners and Dahlhaus failed to deliver. I'll give Ryder, Roughead and Beams a pass based on their price...for now.

Don't fret. Kennedy, Heppell etc won't score that every week, and all my underperforming premos (same as yours) will push 120's out and then we are back in the race.

2036 and a ranking of 84,022. Geez I'm filthy on playing the wrong rookies/ not being able to loophole some. Hoping for a much better effort next round

Very bad score for a very bad person.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Score: 2258

No Pendles, no Laird. What was I thinking?
I'm with you on Pendles. I had him in my team all preseason until opening night. It hurts when he just cruises around doing as he pleases, as per usual. One of my favourite players too which makes it even more painful.

It did allow me to bring in Steele however, so there is that. If Treloar pulls his finger out and delivers I may come out ahead in the long run, but I hate not having Pendles in my side

I'm with you on Pendles. I had him in my team all preseason until opening night. It hurts when he just cruises around doing as he pleases, as per usual. One of my favourite players too which makes it even more painful.

It did allow me to bring in Steele however, so there is that. If Treloar pulls his finger out and delivers I may come out ahead in the long run, but I hate not having Pendles in my side
Eddy on the field instead of Houston hurt too - and no Butler as forward rookie.
I never trade prior to round 2 but if Pickett stinks it up again it could be a rookie corrective trade, or even downgrade Toby Greene to a rookie then upgrade Hampton as the most expensive defensive rookie into someone more reliable.

round 1 winning team
scored 2472

Shaw, Laird, Tuohy, Mills, Marchbank, McGrath
JPK, Selwood, Dusty (C), Bont, Fyfe, Beams, SPP, Barrett
Stef, Sandi
JJK, Macrae, Lynch, Nankervis, Bowes, Butler

Hardly any cheap rookies on field
No Doch, Danger and Gawn helped with $$$

not a bad side, but they won't be winning it

2132. Such a frustrating week.

No premos besides Cripps even let me down. I mean, look what they scored.

Laird - 147
JJ - 126
Lloyd - 89

Pendles - 146
Danger - 138
Kennedy - 134
Fyfe - 108
Selwood - 106
Beams - 91
Cripps - 50

Sandi - 107
Martin - 98

Buddy - 125
Macrae - 92
Dahl - 85

I would have taken all of those scores bar Cripps a week ago. Just ever rookie besides SPP were ******* woeful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back