Not open for further replies.
B. Gwilt Hooker Baguely

HB. Hibberd Hurley Ashby

C. Colyer Watson Goddard

HF. Cooney Daniher Zerrett

F.Langford Carlisle Chapman

R. Bellchambers Heppell Zaharakis

I. Stanton Gleeson Melksham Sub: Winderlich

Emerg: Fletcher, Ambrose, Dempsey, Myers.

Left out Myers and Fletch. Playing Gwilt, Langford, Gleeson and Ashby, some guys who have a few games under their belts to ease the rustiness. It's a long year so doesn't hurt leaving Fletch out a week. Isn't Myers under a cloud?

If Fletch is ready to go, there is no way IMO he will be left out.

The closer he gets to 400 the more Sheeds can can get on the front foot, and ramp up the good feel PR machine.

Plus I wouldn't even be surprised if he pulled the pin soon after, to let the youngsters take over.

This is such a weird game to talk about as I have no idea what team the Swans will be playing against in Round 1. If you have your A team going into this game I will be worried as the Swans are very poor starters of a season and your team could easily take home the 4 points. Hopefully though with your record with Buddy that could be the difference between a win and a loss for us.

A team or not, we will be flogged either way.
The current suspended players have had nil game time. They will be as rusty as hell.

Thats the big issue for me, I dont think we can play them all even if they are cleared, match fitness is the key and no matter how hard they have been training there is no substitute for it. I would mainly be worried about Dempsey, Bellchambers, Hibberd, Melksham and Winderlich.

Any news yet on whether Buddy will be ok to play round one or??
Yep apparently he seems likely to play. So does K Jack, yet he may come under scrutiny from the MRP for an elbow to the head of Devon Smith, but not much in it so should get off

If Fletch is ready to go, there is no way IMO he will be left out.

The closer he gets to 400 the more Sheeds can can get on the front foot, and ramp up the good feel PR machine.

Plus I wouldn't even be surprised if he pulled the pin soon after, to let the youngsters take over.

I'd be surprised and annoyed.

???

22 possesions against GWS, and two vital goals against Melbourne that helped get us over the line...

What else does he need to do in your opinion??

Play well enough to push out Gwilt, Dempsey, etc.

A nice sign from a young player doesn't make them better than experienced performers.

How do the senior players get match fit if it's not in the season proper?

Injury problems aside the senior players will all play in round 1.

Thats a fair point but I would assume there will be VFL practice matches in the next few weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd guess:

Baguley - Freezer - Gwilt
Ashby - M Browne - Dalgleish
Cooney - Goddard - J Merrett
Z Merrett - Ambrose - Langford
McKernan - Daniher - Edwards
Giles - Gleeson - Chapman
Hams - Kavanagh - O'Brien
Laverde

No zaka?

Your forward entries were a problem last year?
How is Big Joe shaping up this year?
Have those not taking part in the preseason games just been training or doing intra club games?

Good luck for the season!

The first half of the Melbourne game our forward entries were what kept us in the game. But who the f knows really. Joe might average another goal a game?

Your forward entries were a problem last year?
How is Big Joe shaping up this year?
Have those not taking part in the preseason games just been training or doing intra club games?

Good luck for the season!

That and the fact that we'd basically always play one horrendous quarter a game most weeks. I back the defenders to be that good that they can keep us in games (like they did last year) against every side but yours unfortunately.

No way Zaka would miss. And there is also one more that did not get infraction notice in addition to Winderlick.
I didnt think so either i was just pointing out to eth-dog he hadnt put him in. I wondered why but i agree i think theyll use as much experience as possible.

Are you sure they can just come into our side though? I didn't think that was the case.
Since they're already on an Essendon list I'd assume so.

No way Zaka would miss. And there is also one more that did not get infraction notice in addition to Winderlick.
I reckon that's bullshit. Just being reported as "1 or 2" to keep some anonymity as it's widely assumed Winderlich doesn't have a notice.

Having re-watched the match against Melbourne I reckon that McKernan has brought himself a gig in round 1.

I'd be leaning toward a KPF/ruck combo of Carlisle, Daniher, Bellchambers and McKernan. Previously I would have had Ambrose in place of McKernan but if McKernan is going to throw his weight around like he did against Melbourne it significantly reduces the gap between his weakness and one of Ambrose's major strength (while maintaining the gap in marking, forward 50 play and ruck work).

I still think that Giles should have played himself out of round 1. NAB 2 and 3 were appalling and he can't be anything less than the very top of his game if he is to play with Bellchambers, Carlisle and Daniher.

I guess it's all premised on our ability to promote McKernan which I am not sure of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back