Unofficial Preview Round 13 - Essendon vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
PAUL ROOS ISSUED SHOW-CAUSE NOTICE

In a shocking twist today, Melbourne coach Paul Roos was issued a show-cause notice by the Overseeing League Directors Controlled Under National Tiers Society (O.L.D.*******.S.). The notice is believed to be in direct response to Roos' coaching performance last week where he was clearly and deliberately trying to destroy the game of football. Accusations have been made of Roos in the past but this is the first time such strong action has been taken.

Roos has been charged with deliberately and wilfully coaching in a manner negatively affecting Channel 7's TV ratings, which, as is known, is the defining measure of how enjoyable a game of football is. Chairman of the society Sam Kekovich was quoted as saying "If you don't eat Lamb you're unAustralian" for some apparent reason.

Roos' hearing was held shortly after the issuing of the notice, overseen by ASADA AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan. Roos was strongly pressed to relent on his thus far successful gameplan and instead implement a more attacking, risk taking, flair-y approach. The hearing told Roos his strong defensive focus was not in line with 21st century attitudes. McLachlan at one point pleading Roos "Tear down the wall! Tear down the wall!"

Trial6.JPG

Ultimately however Roos was cleared, with the O.L.D. society picking up a newspaper without the score from Monday's match in it and immediately forgetting what they were all in the room for. Messers Kekovich, Bartlett and Healy all slowly ambled out of the room, mutters of "my pills" being heard as they walked down the hall.

Despite being cleared, Roos was issued a death sentence by McLachlan for "bringing the game into disrepute". When asking how he had done so, Roos was told "We have no precedents of justification for this charge, why the hell would we start now?". Roos is expected to be executed shortly after the conclusion of Sunday's match. It is to be held in the goalsquare of his team's forward line, as McLachlan says this will cause Roos the maximum emotional distress.

Prediction: Football to be the loser

Haha nice work but so many ASADA connotations referencing "The Wall" ManWithNoName

Dank: "It's just a little pin prick..."

ASADA: "The prisoner who now stands before you. Was caught red handed"

Essendon Players: "I have become comfortably numb"

Little: "Together we stand, divided we fall"

Hird: "Goodbye blue sky, goodbye"

Well i am going on sunday. Hopefully i can break my long standing curse. As the last 13 games i have attended have been losses
Maybe its a momentary lapse of reason

Well i am going on sunday. Hopefully i can break my long standing curse. As the last 13 games i have attended have been losses
Maybe its a momentary lapse of reason
13 is nothing, reckon the old man got to 20 or so...from Rd3 2011 to the Bulldogs win last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon are gettable.

No Jobe and no real obvious goal kicker.

Last 5 games has 4 wins and a loss but closer inspection has them beating Bulldogs, Lions, Richmond and GWS. They struggled in a few of those games to win let alone putting teams away.

who knows how they'll respond with ASADA and they still have enough talent to beat us but they are gettable.

I reckon Essendon has been off the boil for the past month, during their insipid performance against the Swans I decided they must already know that something was coming from asada

No way to know how they'll come out this week though, it's gonna be weird, but I'll be there, managed to score some kind of premium reserved seating at less than the general admission price through my missus's work

Was quietly confident about this game until the ASADA announcement. Gut feeling says it'll galvanize the Bombers, but who really knows what sort of effect it'll have?

Essendon are gettable.

No Jobe and no real obvious goal kicker.

Last 5 games has 4 wins and a loss but closer inspection has them beating Bulldogs, Lions, Richmond and GWS. They struggled in a few of those games to win let alone putting teams away.

who knows how they'll respond with ASADA and they still have enough talent to beat us but they are gettable.
Paul_Chapman-628.jpg

Even though we we're relatively competitive last week, I'm confident that was our flat game. We do only have the 6 day break, but we are a huuuuuge chance of winning this one. I've had a flutter on us at 3.80 and I'm confident on a return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back