VFL Round 13 - Williamstown vs Collingwood at Point Gellibrand Oval (Pies lost 61-91 #LosingIrks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't McLarty doing ok early? Then the decided to play him ruck/Fwd, and he has fallen away since then?

Perhaps try him as a defender and see what happens??

McLarty started the Season on Fire but has gone Backwards Terribly

I'm not sure why you are having a crack at Murray?

He played well. He was in our best two AFL listed players with Callum Brown.

If you want to have a crack it should be at Varcoe who clearly couldn't give a stuff and was just out there for the run.
I missed the first half and saw parts of the 2nd half and was going by the commentators comments. They said he didn't run in the first half and I didnt see him run in the second. I was not having a crack. If he had played well in the VFL he would now be playing senior football. And you can hardly blame Varcoe for taking it easy given all the weeks he has been out. He is largely out there to build fitness for senior football not win games for the VFL. I don't want him doing a hamstring busting a gut for the seconds.

I missed the first half and saw parts of the 2nd half and was going by the commentators comments. They said he didn't run in the first half and I didnt see him run in the second. I was not having a crack. If he had played well in the VFL he would now be playing senior football. And you can hardly blame Varcoe for taking it easy given all the weeks he has been out. He is largely out there to build fitness for senior football not win games for the VFL. I don't want him doing a hamstring busting a gut for the seconds.
Those commentators were clueless though. He was winning plenty of hard ball and interceptions. He kicked well too.

Yeah, Varcoe was just going through the motions. It's not really good for his form though not to touch it.

Those commentators were clueless though. He was winning plenty of hard ball and interceptions. He kicked well too.

Yeah, Varcoe was just going through the motions. It's not really good for his form though not to touch it.
Hopefully he can recapture his early form and play seniors again. Varcoe is hardly someone we can rely on again as a major contributor. Nevertheless given the talent we have lost through injury Varcoe is important to any success we might enjoy.

Can't expect to win games in the 2's with this.

James Aish Knee 6-7 weeks
Jarryd Blair Hamstring 3-4 weeks
Tim Broomhead Broken leg Season
Jamie Elliott Hamstring Test
Alex Fasolo Ankle 3-4 weeks
Tyson Goldsack Knee 10-12 weeks
Levi Greenwood Concussion Test
Kayle Kirby Heart issue Indefinite
Darcy Moore Hamstring Test
Ben Reid Calf Test
Josh Smith Hamstring Test
Adam Treloar Hamstring 8-10 weeks
Daniel Wells Foot Season

Throw a 4-5 of these in the 2s and it makes a big difference.
Our 2s suffer just as much, if not worse when the injury list grows.

Blair, Kirby, Smith, Greenwood, Broomhead, Fasolo back in the 2s and we would be winning games.

Varcoe unsighted, and McClarty pretty ordinary today. The only players who look like they could push a claim for senior selection is Brown and Murray.
So you don't think McClarty is ready to take Dunn's place?

So you don't think McClarty is ready to take Dunn's place?

At this stage and considering McClarty's last month of footy, l personally dont think he will be ready for the step up, but with Dunn out longterm, we may need to seriously consider playing him until Moore has a run in the VFL. We also do need to factor in Essendons forward setup, which is mainly a small forward line with McKernan and Stringer playing as their talls. Do we need a McClarty or do we just play smaller to match their forwards.

At this stage and considering McClarty's last month of footy, l personally dont think he will be ready for the step up, but with Dunn out longterm, we may need to seriously consider playing him until Moore has a run in the VFL. We also do need to factor in Essendons forward setup, which is mainly a small forward line with McKernan and Stringer playing as their talls. Do we need a McClarty or do we just play smaller to match their forwards.

And Mitch Brown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hJgcK3n.png

VchnMQC.png

Ben Reid Calf Test
Daniel Wells Foot Season

Blair, Kirby, Smith, Greenwood, Broomhead, Fasolo back in the 2s and we would be winning games.

The only good thing about that injury list is 5 tests are listed against pretty good players names. We could use a fit Reid, Moore, Greenwood and Elliott now.

It's a dead set joke that Wills and Tardrew got named in our bests and not Sam Murray.

Callum was a clear stand out best but Murray easily next best. Hit every target too.

It's a dead set joke that Wills and Tardrew got named in our bests and not Sam Murray.

Callum was a clear stand out best but Murray easily next best. Hit every target too.

I did not have Murray in my Bests

Ben Reid Calf Test
Daniel Wells Foot Season

This is the reason we won’t be real contenders this year.

17 of 22 kicks rated effective. 77.2%

Not quite every target, but close enough. The point is well taken...

17 of 22 kicks rated effective. 77.2%

Not quite every target, but close enough. The point is well taken...
Yeah he did miss one now I think about it, but I only saw the last 2 and a half quarters.

I thought he was very good and kicked well. He also took a few kick outs after behinds and was hitting targets. I think his confidence will be up after that effort.

Is Oxley a chance to come in?

The forgotten man! Interesting, in that it looks like he had a decent game in a losing side and has played good senior footy a couple of years back. Lacks a yard and is poor man-on-man but, he reads the play beautifully and makes very smart disposal decisions.

Would normally seem a backwards move but we are scraping the barrel now with all the injuries

Remove this Banner Ad

Back