Banter Round 14 - Richmond Tigers v Great Waste (of) Space

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what colour are real giants?

Hint:
green-giant.jpg

Oh no, you're arguing about the colour of a mythical creature.

The dungeons and dragons board called. They need you to settle an argument as to who would win a fight between a dragon and a wyvern.

All you've really managed to do is point out that your club colours and your club name have nothing whatsoever to do with each other. The price of being nothing more than a marketing exercise, I guess.

And what do tigers have to do with Richmond? When was the last time a tiger wandered down the main street of your suburb? I'd wager there are more Giants in Western Sydney than there are tigers in Richmond. And tigers are orange, not yellow. Why Yellow and Black? Granted, it sounds good when shouted in your song, but what does it really have to do with a tiger?

At least our colours are representative of our area, if not the nickname of the club.

The dungeons and dragons board called. They need you to settle an argument as to who would win a fight between a dragon and a wyvern.
Well we certainly know that supporters of GWS are imaginary & mythical, just like giants, so I guess that's pretty appropriate.

And what do tigers have to do with Richmond? When was the last time a tiger wandered down the main street of your suburb? I'd wager there are more Giants in Western Sydney than there are tigers in Richmond. And tigers are orange, not yellow. Why Yellow and Black? Granted, it sounds good when shouted in your song, but what does it really have to do with a tiger?

At least our colours are representative of our area, if not the nickname of the club.

Wikipedia says: In 1758, Linnaeus first described the species in his work Systema Naturae under the scientific name Felis tigris.[3] In 1929, the British taxonomist Reginald Innes Pocock subordinated the species under the genus Panthera using the scientific name Panthera tigris.[5]

The word Panthera is probably of Oriental origin and retraceable to the Ancient Greek word panther, the Latin word panthera, the Old French word pantere, most likely meaning "the yellowish animal", or from pandarah meaning whitish-yellow. The derivation from Greek pan- ("all") and ther ("beast") may be folk etymology.[6]
And Richmond is "Tigerland" because it is a dangerous place for the unwary.:)

Wikipedia says: In 1758, Linnaeus first described the species in his work Systema Naturae under the scientific name Felis tigris.[3] In 1929, the British taxonomist Reginald Innes Pocock subordinated the species under the genus Panthera using the scientific name Panthera tigris.[5]

The word Panthera is probably of Oriental origin and retraceable to the Ancient Greek word panther, the Latin word panthera, the Old French word pantere, most likely meaning "the yellowish animal", or from pandarah meaning whitish-yellow. The derivation from Greek pan- ("all") and ther ("beast") may be folk etymology.[6]
And Richmond is "Tigerland" because it is a dangerous place for the unwary.:)

Time to update the club song

"For we're from Tiiiigeer
YELLOWISH AND BLACK!"

I'd wager there are more Giants in Western Sydney than there are tigers in Richmond.

Thanks for the feedback. Once you guys decide whether giants are mythical or whether they live in Western Sydney we can talk some more. :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez whiz, is the AFL paying you to be troll?

It's a banter thread, and yes the AFL is paying me - direct from the profits from the exorbitant food prices they make you guys pay at the MCG. If I hit a nerve (like I clearly just have) I get bonus payments direct from the Etihad buy-out fund.

Last edited:
It's a banter thread, and yes the AFL is paying me - direct from the profits from the exorbitant food prices they make you guys pay at the MCG. If I hit a nerve (like I clearly just have) I get bonus payments direct from the Etihad buy-out fund.

Mate, you're on the Richmond board. You can't just recycle the jokes you made from when we played Collingwood.

So I guess you're playing your imaginary friends this weekend? Or are you playing with yourselves?
I said GWS supporters are imaginary and mythical, we know the team exists in the AFL competition
Not surprising that you can't read though, you even accidentally selected GWS as the team that you support even though we know they don't actually exist. So who do you really go for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back