Round 14 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

howdy guys. need a hand, team reads like this with 4 trades and not alot of cash in the bank

DEF: B Deledio (0), B Goddard (0), B Waters (126), P Hanley (134), B Lake (78), G Birchall (0), H Shaw (81), S Darley (68), S Shaw (21)

MID: M Boyd (70), S Thompson (107), G Ablett (0), D Swan (132), J Selwood (100), M Priddis (83), A Sexton (0), S Gibson (17)

RUCK: I Maric (0), J Giles (48), O Stephenson (0), S Rowe (0)

FWD: S Sidebottom (81), L Franklin (0), P Dangerfield (100), N Riewoldt (0), M Pavlich (107), D Martin (0), D Zorko (120), J Roughead (0), I Folau (0)

so its basically complete but i intend to move giles and switch ruff into the rucks for a 7th mid/8th forward for some cover.
thinking leigh adams, nahas, or even colin sylvia cos he's completely hit rock bottom. any others i should be considering? is it even worth doing the trade to begin with?

cheers

howdy guys. need a hand, team reads like this with 4 trades and not alot of cash in the bank

DEF: B Deledio (0), B Goddard (0), B Waters (126), P Hanley (134), B Lake (78), G Birchall (0), H Shaw (81), S Darley (68), S Shaw (21)

MID: M Boyd (70), S Thompson (107), G Ablett (0), D Swan (132), J Selwood (100), M Priddis (83), A Sexton (0), S Gibson (17)

RUCK: I Maric (0), J Giles (48), O Stephenson (0), S Rowe (0)

FWD: S Sidebottom (81), L Franklin (0), P Dangerfield (100), N Riewoldt (0), M Pavlich (107), D Martin (0), D Zorko (120), J Roughead (0), I Folau (0)

so its basically complete but i intend to move giles and switch ruff into the rucks for a 7th mid/8th forward for some cover.
thinking leigh adams, nahas, or even colin sylvia cos he's completely hit rock bottom. any others i should be considering? is it even worth doing the trade to begin with?

cheers

Don't trade. If you're switching Roughy into the rucks then by all means downgrade Giles to someone like Tom Campbell if you're strapped for cash, but I don't see why you'd need to touch your forward line at all!

cheers, will take it on board, giles has peaked so he's gone. its an extreme luxury trade, but it gives me great cover if for any short term injuries or if dane swan decides he needs a fortnight off to trod off to arizona...

Have gone J-Mac > Gibson and Clarke > Carrots this week

Leaving team as

Lids, Goddard, Waters, Suckling, Broughton, Carrots, Hargrave (Darley, Shaw)

Watson, Thompson, Ablett, Swan, Mitchell, Selwood (Adams, Gibson)

Cox, Giles (Big O, Redden)

Buddy, Chapman, Dangerfield, Robinson, Sidey, Martin, Zorko (Milera, Elliot)

Ranked 77 with $185k in bank.

Next week will upgrade Hargrave to Scotland if need be.

Might trade martin/zorko in coming weeks to beams depending on scores after pendlebury returns.

Any opinions?

Have gone J-Mac > Gibson and Clarke > Carrots this week

Leaving team as

Lids, Goddard, Waters, Suckling, Broughton, Carrots, Hargrave (Darley, Shaw)

Watson, Thompson, Ablett, Swan, Mitchell, Selwood (Adams, Gibson)

Cox, Giles (Big O, Redden)

Buddy, Chapman, Dangerfield, Robinson, Sidey, Martin, Zorko (Milera, Elliot)

Ranked 77 with $185k in bank.

Next week will upgrade Hargrave to Scotland if need be.

Might trade martin/zorko in coming weeks to beams depending on scores after pendlebury returns.

Any opinions?

like the carrazzo pick, take out the score of three and averages 115, he will more likely drop to around the 440k mark next week (which is when i'll jump on) but other than that i can't fault you

like the carrazzo pick, take out the score of three and averages 115, he will more likely drop to around the 440k mark next week (which is when i'll jump on) but other than that i can't fault you

This is Dreamteam. Clarke and Carrazzo will fall by roughly the same amount this week, don't see the point waiting if he's the bloke to be upgraded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only got 6 trades left.

Thinking Giles -> Ryder, then Morris -> Carraz next week.

However that will leave my with only 4 trades and 0K in the bank... or should I hold onto Giles (alongside Maric, Big O, Redden)?

Really regretting Hargrave -> Johnson last week, knee jerk reaction, wasted cash and valuable trade spot.

I have 6 trades remaining.

I really want to trade in Maric, but in order to do so, I'll need to trade O.Stephenson>>Campbell (1 trade), and then Giles>>Maric (2nd trade). I should make top 4 in all of my leagues, so should I hold off on this ^^ trade until then? I was flirting with the idea of trading B.Lake>>Carrazzo as well.

Really regretting Hargrave -> Johnson last week, knee jerk reaction, wasted cash and valuable trade spot.

Don't write off this trade yet, I still think it's a good one for the run home. Freo have a pretty soft draw after Collingwood this week.

I have 6 trades remaining.

I really want to trade in Maric, but in order to do so, I'll need to trade O.Stephenson>>Campbell (1 trade), and then Giles>>Maric (2nd trade). I should make top 4 in all of my leagues, so should I hold off on this ^^ trade until then? I was flirting with the idea of trading B.Lake>>Carrazzo as well.

If you hold off, you're basically deciding to keep Giles for the rest of the year since the only way for him is down (price wise) with Brogan in the team. You're probably getting an extra 30-40 points each week with Maric, is that worth the price of 2 trades? Up to you.

Definitely keep Lake, he had 71 points at half time before he got injured!

With 233k in the bank and 6 trades left I was all set on

Option 1
Clarke > Carrazzo
Malceski > Scotland

this week to sure up my crap backline, but I'm now considering

Option 2
Malceski > Carrazzo
N Riewoldt > Swan (I have 2 DP links in the mids) 11 forwards all up! :eek:

instead, to sure up my crap midfield. Then move 1 of Sidey/Beams to the forwards.

This is my current rabble, which option would you choose? o_O

Deledio, Goddard, Broughton, Clarke, Bugg, Malceski, Hargrave (Ellis, S Shaw)
Ablett, Thompson, Beams, Sidebottom, Barlow, Hayes (Ziebell, Gibson)
Kruezer, Giles (Redden, Campbell)
Franklin, Chapman, Robinson, N Riewoldt, Dangerfield, Zorko, Cloke (Treloar, D Smith)

Or any other options (other than "Delete Team") that I should be considering? :confused:

Don't write off this trade yet, I still think it's a good one for the run home. Freo have a pretty soft draw after Collingwood this week.

Fair to say when dawson comes back he will be able to play a loose role in the backline?

If you hold off, you're basically deciding to keep Giles for the rest of the year since the only way for him is down (price wise) with Brogan in the team. You're probably getting an extra 30-40 points each week with Maric, is that worth the price of 2 trades? Up to you.

Definitely keep Lake, he had 71 points at half time before he got injured!

I brought Johnson in lastweek for his DPP link with smedts who is doing a great job of not playing. He should eventually get moved as a perm back so i can upgrade a fwd.

With 233k in the bank and 6 trades left I was all set on

Option 1
Clarke > Carrazzo
Malceski > Scotland

this week to sure up my crap backline, but I'm now considering

Option 2
Malceski > Carrazzo
N Riewoldt > Swan (I have 2 DP links in the mids) 11 forwards all up! :eek:

instead, to sure up my crap midfield. Then move 1 of Sidey/Beams to the forwards.

This is my current rabble, which option would you choose? o_O

Deledio, Goddard, Broughton, Clarke, Bugg, Malceski, Hargrave (Ellis, S Shaw)
Ablett, Thompson, Beams, Sidebottom, Barlow, Hayes (Ziebell, Gibson)
Kruezer, Giles (Redden, Campbell)
Franklin, Chapman, Robinson, N Riewoldt, Dangerfield, Zorko, Cloke (Treloar, D Smith)

Or any other options (other than "Delete Team") that I should be considering? :confused:

with so few trades,
id be finding your lowest average player in each position and be looking to trade in the player with the maximum average you can afford.

your backs are definitely the weakest link, your suggestion changes are good,
still not sure if you can make it through the rest of your year carrying bugg, hargrave, ellis and shaw.

having both beams and sidey in your midfield is taking up valuable real estate.

Fair to say when dawson comes back he will be able to play a loose role in the backline?

I think it depends on matchups each week. We brought in Silvagni last week who is basically a like-for-like replacement for Dawson, and we always plonk Johnson either as loose man or an average forward who he can confidently run off on.

Just an off game in an otherwise consistent year I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back