• Eagles

Votes: 60 53.1%
  • Demons

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 51 45.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I find Dermott's commentary ordinary at the best of times, but at one point in the second he was almost wishful thinking on the Walsh stuff. Grotesque, Derm, you flog.

Decent win. On top all day but just could not break them until the final quarter.

Cripps was huge in first quarter. 3 holding the ball tackles iirc.

The king is back! Forward line was potent enough... now with Darling getting a few games under his black belt... awesome!

Some of those bullet passes from the mids into F50 were pure jizz.

And the undersized backline just stands up all the time. Sheps, Sharrod, Schoey simply just playing taller but also offering such run. Loved the backs all sneaking forward at the end to try and snag a goal.

Good team win really. No huge standouts, just everyone playing their role. And a sneaky chance to finally get a rising star with Sheed.

385875.jpg

Wtf was Dermott on about when he said EAGLES were happy to get out of dodge and dodged a bullet. ... ahhhhh think his meds must have worn off.
Get out of a 2nd rate arena whilst done players clearly playing below their best due to recent events. I agree with Dermie.

Now, where's my meds, I need MY MEDS DANG NAMMIT

Wtf was Dermott on about when he said EAGLES were happy to get out of dodge and dodged a bullet. ... ahhhhh think his meds must have worn off.

They were his thoughts at 3/4 time, but he did say we ended up pantsing them. He does waffle on though, does Derm.

Get out of a 2nd rate arena whilst done players clearly playing below their best due to recent events. I agree with Dermie.

Now, where's my meds, I need MY MEDS DANG NAMMIT

Um it had flat grass .....nice big oval ......

There was nothing wrong with the ground ......we won by 54 points

I thought we would win by 30 points and at 3/4 time it was still game on

Tough weather to play but the oval itself was fantastic

greetings WCE bigfooty forum crew. Newbie here so I'll keep it brief. Terrific win tonight IMO, not exhilarating but got the job done as good sides should. Selwood sub good move, think he should stay there for a little while, (not back to the WAFL), and provide great run later in the game. Would love Lycett to hit his straps which would make us a very intimidating side. I like Sinclair's work ethic, however momentum seems to head oppositions way when NN is resting. OL Shep and Sharrod have been fantastic this year, & Darling looks like he's just getting better...VERY frightening for the comp. Have a good evening folks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

greetings WCE bigfooty forum crew. Newbie here so I'll keep it brief. Terrific win tonight IMO, not exhilarating but got the job done as good sides should. Selwood sub good move, think he should stay there for a little while, (not back to the WAFL), and provide great run later in the game. Would love Lycett to hit his straps which would make us a very intimidating side. I like Sinclair's work ethic, however momentum seems to head oppositions way when NN is resting. OL Shep and Sharrod have been fantastic this year, & Darling looks like he's just getting better...VERY frightening for the comp. Have a good evening folks.
Welcome to BF Pykey! Stay outa the Priddis thread and you might even enjoy yourself around here :)

Needed our small forwards to lift and Cripps certainly came to the party. Hill unsighted after copping that knock in the pocket in the third? Unsighted prior to this also??

Just about Josh's worst game for the year unfortunately.
Geez.. I don't think Kennedy was bad at all.

His lead up work is absolutely fantastic.

Was it him that was also saying that Walsh came back to WCE when it was really Port Ade?
Nah that wasn't Dermy. Was a stupid comment though. He said he came back in 2013, when that's actually when he left WCE - he was there the 5 years before as we all know. And so should the commentators.

Um it had flat grass .....nice big oval ......

There was nothing wrong with the ground ......we won by 54 points

I thought we would win by 30 points and at 3/4 time it was still game on

Tough weather to play but the oval itself was fantastic

And the crowd were 75% behind the Eagles. After the first goal and every one after the EAGLES......EAGLES.....chant went up.:D:thumbsu:

When the Demons scored it was like clap...........clap.......(pin drop).......clap.

The oval was in perfect condition, conditions were described as perfect and not slippery at all.

Darwin loved the Eagles being here as did I. Hope we see them again next year.

One thing I thought about whilst watching the game - why are Darwin people so much more responsible than every other city that allows them to drink from cans at the game? And I didn't look close enough, but I assume they were full strength too.

And the crowd were 75% behind the Eagles. After the first goal and every one after the EAGLES......EAGLES.....chant went up.:D:thumbsu:

When the Demons scored it was like clap...........clap.......(pin drop).......clap.

The oval was in perfect condition, conditions were described as perfect and not slippery at all.

Yeah I have been to Darwin but never for footy ....I love the place

I thought Melbourne had a real dip and they will beat some good sides on the run home ...for three qtrs they hung in there tight .....class told in the end

One thing I thought about whilst watching the game - why are Darwin people so much more responsible than every other city that allows them to drink from cans at the game? And I didn't look close enough, but I assume they were full strength too.

They can handle their beer better than we can which I might add might not be q good thing lol

.....look,to be honest I think they were just appreciated having a game there and you can see that

Nah that wasn't Dermy. Was a stupid comment though. He said he came back in 2013, when that's actually when he left WCE - he was there the 5 years before as we all know. And so should the commentators.

Dermie is a try hard ...look I was Dermie fan as a player but as special comments man ....flog

Looks like He's drunk even when standing still ...wobbles and baffles on and her actually asks a question properly ....

Makes statements and the player is thinking are you asking me something or just talking about your own glory days again ?

Surely one day someone from fox will walk up to him and say Dermie we have figured you out and you haven't said anything intelligent in ten years ....Your fired .....

It will happen ....it can't not ...

Nah, the AFL will put a stop to that ever happening again. Can't give West Coast a home away from home game.

Back