Preview Round 16 2019: Hawthorn v Collingwood, 5 July 2019, 7:50pm AEST @MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawthorn-vs-Coll.png
After a narrow loss to the reigning premiers in our first home game at the G in what seems like forever, we get to host the runners up in our only primer time home game of the year

Be nice to win it in front a big crowd :p

Time to load up!!!

IN: Wingard, Birchall, Stratton

OUT: O’Brien (omitted), Moore (omitted), Howe (omitted)

B: Stratton, Frawley, Hardwick

HB: Birchall, Sicily, Impey

C: Henderson, Shiels, Smith

HF: Wingard, Gunston, Burgoyne

F: Breust, Ceglar, Puopolo

R: McEvoy, O’Meara, Worpel

INT: Scully, Glass, Nash, Hanrahan

Milestones:
McEvoy 200th game
Breust 200th game

Time to load up!!!

Milestones:
McEvoy 200th game
Breust 200th game
Birchall only played a half at BHH.

I'm not overly keen to rush Stratton in, but given he is captain I reckon he'll play. But if Wingard and Scrimshaw are both ready it will be an interesting week for the match committee. Can't see 3 people I'd be rushing to drop. Thought all of O'brien, Moore, Howe and Hanrahan were good enough to get another gig.

Birchall only played a half at BHH.

I'm not overly keen to rush Stratton in, but given he is captain I reckon he'll play. But if Wingard and Scrimshaw are both ready it will be an interesting week for the match committee. Can't see 3 people I'd be rushing to drop. Thought all of O'brien, Moore, Howe and Hanrahan were good enough to get another gig.

O’Brien got ripped to shreds by Darling. No way he stays.

Time to load up!!!

Milestones:
McEvoy 200th game
Breust 200th game
Howe out? Thought he gave plenty today and probably helped with JOM getting off the chain a little

O’Brien got ripped to shreds by Darling. No way he stays.
Disagree. The first two goals were when he went off Darling to go to the next man. They were losses attributed to a team defense. From memory, TOB only got clearly beaten a couple of times and did some really good things under pressure. Would be exceptionally surprised if he makes way.

Am I the only one that thought Birchall looked a little bit thick in his return highlight clips? Not Stewie dew thick but definitely around the waist. I think he needs to prove his run in three full vfl games before coming back. He has had lower leg injuries after all. We need to prove his fitness and he also needs to dust the rust off in competitive situations.

Disagree. The first two goals were when he went off Darling to go to the next man. They were losses attributed to a team defense. From memory, TOB only got clearly beaten a couple of times and did some really good things under pressure. Would be exceptionally surprised if he makes way.

Agreed the midfield got buried in clearances, and the lack of support over top wasnt addressed. We had defensive paranoia of the likes of Rioli and Ryan at front and centre they didn’t think about the talls peeling for the ball over top which they did intentionally

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time to load up!!!

Milestones:
McEvoy 200th game
Breust 200th game
With Pies midfield and the work he did today, Howe has to stay. O'Brien out for a med defender like Stratton or Scrimshaw would make sense given Pies forwards. Birchall won't be ready yet

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we can get a semi decent team out on the park we should be competitive. Need to somehow nullify Grundy enough to not get smashed again the middle. BigBoy has been a little off the past few weeks, seems like we rushed him back from his injury as he hasn't been the same since. Felt like a battler out there today and he is better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back