Review Round 16 - Giants vs Crows at Spotless

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 30, 2011
Wollongong
AFL Club
GWS
Would expect this to be a lot closer then our last meeting with the crows, with them perhaps a bit flat after there derby.

Possible changes - outs
Cameron - rest?
Shaw?

Ins
Boyd
Scully if his right to return, otherwise Greene

Also:
Join us in the Members Bar from 1 - 1.30pm for a members pre game forum prior to the GIANTS taking on the Crows at Spotless Stadium on Saturday 5 July.

GWS GIANTS CEO, Dave Matthews will be at the forum.

Last edited:
You wouldn't expect Shaw to come up would you? His concussion was a lot worse than Mackay's. And he missed a game.

It feels like we only played each other a couple of weeks ago.

I'd be tempted to give Buntine a shot in Shaw's place. After all, we drafted him for his leadership skills - seems like the likely understudy for Shaw.

Could go either way - they're on a roll after their showdown win, or they're knackered after their showdown win. I suppose we'll see by about half past two on Saturday afternoon.

Could go either way - they're on a roll after their showdown win, or they're knackered after their showdown win. I suppose we'll see by about half past two on Saturday afternoon.

I think there's a very good chance they'll be knackered.

The Swans were knackered after beating Port, it showed in the way they played against Richmond.

And travelling over from Adelaide won't help.

It's been our starts that have killed us a few times this season. Against Melbourne and Essendon we were down 7 goals to 1 at one stage. Fought back but too far gone.

It would appear that Jeremy Cameron is carrying some type of injury. The question would be then is it better that he continue to play with it (an injured Cameron is better than your average KPF), or is it worth the rest to get him as right as possible. Really, only the Medicos/Coaches/Cameron know the answer. Looking down the track to the remaining games Rounds 21 (Melbourne) and 23 (Bulldogs) look our most winnable. Perhaps it would be worth a five week rest to get him set for those games with Collingwood in the middle (at home, an upset we would love!).

Either way I hope we play two ruckman for the rest of the season. Using Patton as a cut out seems to me to be wrong as it takes him away from his key role as a CHF/FF. Using two takes a load from Mummy who may grow tired or more prone to injury as the season progresses. Further, it mixes things if he is being beaten at any particular time; we need a dominant ruckman to win the clearances. If we are more looking to the future we play Boyd in the second ruck role, but probably otherwise Giles. If we look to rest Cameron then we still play Boyd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey GWS fans! I hope your boys get the job done on those crows flogs. Your team has a great mix of talented players and as a port fan admire the fight you guys have shown this year. You will definitely be a force in years to come, and are much like us in being that second team your home state. Anyway good luck to you this weekend versing the Sydney of Adelaide.

Hey GWS fans! I hope your boys get the job done on those crows flogs. Your team has a great mix of talented players and as a port fan admire the fight you guys have shown this year. You will definitely be a force in years to come, and are much like us in being that second team your home state. Anyway good luck to you this weekend versing the Sydney of Adelaide.
bitter

i reckon this will be far closer than the odds suggest, crows have been average away from home recently and am guessing they will be tired after the showdown grind. thoughts on the mumford vs jacobs battle? will be huge

i reckon this will be far closer than the odds suggest, crows have been average away from home recently and am guessing they will be tired after the showdown grind. thoughts on the mumford vs jacobs battle? will be huge

Mumford is a variable and Jacobs is a constant, it depends on which part of Mumfords curve gets hit ;)

Mumford monstered Carlton but probably only broke even against the Swans from what I saw on telly. Mumford plays the game so intensely that he is a burn out candidate if he doesn't get sufficient support.

That said, most teams seem to only be going with one ruckman and using chop out players to give No.1 a rest. Noticed that's what the Swans did last week dropping Derrix for a runner.

We really only play Jacobs so expecting a great duel.

I'm nervous about this game purely on the talent you have assembled in your squad. Makes our losses in Tippettgate magnified.

Interesting to see the predicted margin on afl.com is 40 odd points. I'd be very suprised if that's the case.... We have played some very good football at spotless this yr

That and the crows very inconsistent form gives me a positive outlook

Thinking we will do ourselves proud there this week and perhaps even jag it if they let us

Crows are alternating wins and losses this year, so if they stay true to current form, we are dead certs ;)
Further to that, I'm led to believe that, if your guys win on Saturday, the Crows will henceforth be known as the Adelaide Possums - because they keep getting killed on the road :).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back