Review Round 16, Gold Coast Suns vs GWS Giants, Saturday July 18, 2.10pm, Metricon Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Makes you wonder how/when he tore it. All he seemed to do was run in and kick a goal.
Yeah, look tears in the meniscus can occur and you don't really notice it. Then you go a do something innocuous and all of a sudden you feel it. Chances are he damaged it in an earlier contest, then it became evident when running in to kick the goal. That is why he looked so confused when it happened. The severity and nature of the tear will dictate how they repair it and the recover time.

Kezz. Its ok. He will be alright.

Breath...

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

You're seriously telling a female to calm down?

You're brave :p

As much as I'd LOVE to see my boy again I remember what happened to Rockliff at the Lions and would rather err on the side of caution - especially as we're stilla chance at finals.

You're seriously telling a female to calm down?

You're brave

As much as I'd LOVE to see my boy again I remember what happened to Rockliff at the Lions and would rather err on the side of caution - especially as we're stilla chance at finals.

Im married to a woman who is 9 months pregnant. You dont scare me!

Yeah i do see the point though. With our luck lately he would probably break an ankle on a blade of grass at metricon.

Yeah i do see the point though. With our luck lately he would probably break an ankle on a blade of grass at metricon.

If he breaks so much as a fingernail I'm dobbing you in to your wife :p

I've never liked the Metripong surface. Been on it a few times and always feels heavy underfoot.

Shiel is a big loss for the run in for finals but it will mean opportunities for others in the squad, would be happy for whoever gets a run, Kelly or Barrett and maybe Ahern or Lamb for the sub role? Bugg could be an outside chance to tag Ablett
Great to have Tomlinson back in allows an extra mid to be picked as he can cove ruck/forward/tall defender
Picking a very close game even with the Suns missing several of their top players and the other issues with the club. I see the key to this game is shutting down Ablett as they don't have the class around him to win without a significant contribution. Cogs and Bugg to keep him quiet and Palmer brings his accurate boots

Mate no one 'shuts down' ablett... The tagger rarely wins

We haven't run a hard tag this year I'm happy to let him have his thirty possessions and with team pressure cause turnovers from the lesser guys out there

I still feel it's in the guys' hands. Shiel is a loss but in the middle is where we bat deepest. If we can win this week I'll be feeling pretty good because it's then two "acceptable loss" games while we get Davis and/or Patfull back (though I'd love a win over Geelong).
Agreed, say it's Kelly or WHE in for Dylan, it's not a 100% loss, maybe an 20% loss on one player in one position.

This is a huge chance for Steele to take on more responsibility. If treloar is truly intending to leave then drop him to te neafl and give Barrett a call up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait till she is getting unpregnant....YOU WILL BE VERY SCARED.
I have scars on my arm where my wife bit me when the nitrous oxide cut out, she dosnt remember doing it but I have the proof indelibly etched...She also kicked the midwife in the face and gave her a blood nose.....Ahhh Happy days

Wait till she is getting unpregnant....YOU WILL BE VERY SCARED.
I have scars on my arm where my wife bit me when the nitrous oxide cut out, she dosnt remember doing it but I have the proof indelibly etched...She also kicked the midwife in the face and gave her a blood nose.....Ahhh Happy days
Haha ill keep on my toes

Phillips could come in for downie. Cogs to run with GAJ. Kelly to come in for Shiel and Barrett to start as sub.
Tomlinson can play on Lynch, Corr on Day. Save Patful for the Cats.
Let Griff play most of his time off half back. With him and Heater down there one of them can play spare and rebound.
Liking

Phillips could come in for downie. Cogs to run with GAJ. Kelly to come in for Shiel and Barrett to start as sub.
Tomlinson can play on Lynch, Corr on Day. Save Patful for the Cats.
Let Griff play most of his time off half back. With him and Heater down there one of them can play spare and rebound.
Who does Barrett come in for?

Tomlinson can play on Lynch, Corr on Day. Save Patfull for the Cats.

Loved watching Griff off half back, then again I think anyone who plays defense is awesome. Hopefully re-energizes him and gives his career the boost it needed.

Yeah... Tough one.. Hampton did well as sub. So not entirely sure. Whitfield had 16 touches.
See how we pull up injury wise.

First post guys :)....Long time reader of this and the main board and member since 2012 so thought its time to pull my finger out and contribute an opinion .
For this week Kellys obviously a definite to come in.Agree that Whitfield could be dropped for him as his numbers are down and he looked bit out of sorts against Saints.If Barrett doesnt get a gig this weekend its hard to see him getting a game unless more mids get injured.Not sure hes Afl standard yet though.Phillips for Lobbe although Stewart suits the team better structurally.Its hard to see GCS being able to match our mids .Had really low stats last week (Cairns heat a factor?)Cogs to try to limit Ablett....Just one comment about Patton.He looked to move well but looked huge in the legs.With the amount of running required today its going to be interesting how he he readapts back into playing.Hopefully he becomes the colossus we hoped he would become.

First post guys :)....Long time reader of this and the main board and member since 2012 so thought its time to pull my finger out and contribute an opinion .
For this week Kellys obviously a definite to come in.Agree that Whitfield could be dropped for him as his numbers are down and he looked bit out of sorts against Saints.If Barrett doesnt get a gig this weekend its hard to see him getting a game unless more mids get injured.Not sure hes Afl standard yet though.Phillips for Lobbe although Stewart suits the team better structurally.Its hard to see GCS being able to match our mids .Had really low stats last week (Cairns heat a factor?)Cogs to try to limit Ablett....Just one comment about Patton.He looked to move well but looked huge in the legs.With the amount of running required today its going to be interesting how he he readapts back into playing.Hopefully he becomes the colossus we hoped he would become.
Decent first post

Remove this Banner Ad

Back