Review Round 17, 2015 - Brisbane Lions vs North Melbourne

Who were your five best players for the round 17 game against North Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Could have won the game if it wasn't for inaccurate kicking.

Despite the margin, probably true. Hitting players on leads and not turning it over really would have changed the complexion of the game through the first three quarters, and then we don't get blown out in the fourth.

Just so sad how things have turned out this year.
Losing Rocky and Merrett in that first game was the start of a season from hell.Rocky has not been right since.
We can't give up on them.only five games left.
Can't imagine how hard it will be for them fronting up to those games.
We have not had Beams.Hanley and Rocky play a full game together have we?
What could have been ..bloody injuries just ruin you.

Team is way to soft. So many times tonight they had a chance to lay a big tackle and they just go soft on the opposition and they get the ball out. Paparone, Aish and Bewick are fairies. Rockliff worn like a glove all night with no help from team mates getting into jacobs at stoppages. Ruck Combo only few things that worked

CKwj77xUAAQPkhz.jpg:large

Rockliff looks embarrassed.

Dark times. Effort was fine, they are trying. We are just so inept in every way it's almost hard to measure. Can't remember seeing a worse team (non expansion) in the modern era.

I don't like the dour, blanketing football we are playing. I understand leppa is trying to protect the score card, but are we really building and developing?

Our run and gun game is gone, watching Richmond today and we are just a terrible clone of them.

I have honestly lost all
Passion, barely raised a heart best watching this game - just switched off to us mentally. We are in a really, really bad way.

We've played one good game all year. We were never a change tonight against a team just outside the eight. The season for us was over a month ago. The rest is meaningless.

That is the problem we are way behind North and they are not in the eight

Dark times. Effort was fine, they are trying. We are just so inept in every way it's almost hard to measure. Can't remember seeing a worse team (non expansion) in the modern era.

I don't like the dour, blanketing football we are playing. I understand leppa is trying to protect the score card, but are we really building and developing?

Our run and gun game is gone, watching Richmond today and we are just a terrible clone of them.

I have honestly lost all
Passion, barely raised a heart best watching this game - just switched off to us mentally. We are in a really, really bad way.

Yeah it's pretty bad. We're just awful in every aspect of the game and at the rate we've been heading in the last 2 years it'll take many years to improve. We just haven't shown any signs this year that we're even close to being a half decent team.

Yeah it's pretty bad. We're just awful in every aspect of the game and at the rate we've been heading in the last 2 years it'll take many years to improve. We just haven't shown any signs this year that we're even close to being a half decent team.

We have stagnated and the lads look totally clueless. We are young and all that, but we are just a basket case.. I actually feel really sorry for the players, must be embarrassing for them.

I hate that amongst everything else, we have lost that run and flare from the second half of last year.

Leading possession winner for us and seems like he's attracting a few votes in best on ground, but did Jack Redden actually have a good game tonight? Seemed indecisive with ball in hand. His confidence and form, along with that of Rich has been one of the more disappointing things this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't care if we even play a game next year.

More of the same. Not wasting my time when trade week is the highlight of the year.

Another game where I thought our midfield held it's own only to have absolutely nothing to go to in the forward line. It must be totally dispiriting to put in they way they do for no result on the scoreboard. No wonder we look like we drop our bundle when it becomes obvious that not only can't we win but here comes another flogging.

A couple of key marking targets (even if they are only half decent) would make a huge difference. Not to mention getting a crumber like Green back in the side.

I fear that we are going to be hard pressed to kick more than 5-8 goals per game for the rest of the season:(

Terrible performance, everyone looks lost.
We are kidding ourselves if we think a KPF will fix us.
We are rotten.
Can't blame the kids for wanting out .
Can't see any positives, for those saying that Luey/Martin beat Goldy is a +Ve get a grip. It took 2 plAyers to nullify 1. That's a loss in anyone's books.
What is our game plan? Someone needs to tell the players- they looked lost all over the ground.

Leading possession winner for us and seems like he's attracting a few votes in best on ground, but did Jack Redden actually have a good game tonight? Seemed indecisive with ball in hand. His confidence and form, along with that of Rich has been one of the more disappointing things this season.
did well, nothing spectacular, rushed a few kicks but did alot right also.

One of the highlights of the night was when Squizzy kicked that goal 26min into the last qrt and we were down by X amount and the big screen still went MAKE SOME NOISE!!

Just so sad how things have turned out this year.
Losing Rocky and Merrett in that first game was the start of a season from hell.Rocky has not been right since.
We can't give up on them.only five games left.
Can't imagine how hard it will be for them fronting up to those games.
We have not had Beams.Hanley and Rocky play a full game together have we?
What could have been ..bloody injuries just ruin you.
I don't think any of them have been right since coming back from injury either. Staker and probably Sauce the only two exceptions. We rushed Rocky back in and cracked the same ribs all over again, we rushed Hanley back in and now he's out with hammy dramas, Beams is carrying a shoulder injury that I'm sure was down to the wire on whether we'd risk him (thank god we didn't), Rich hasn't kicked a 50+ metre kick with any shred of confidence since returning...

Something isn't right. With a lot of them.

That performance tonight was just... ugh. I should be more angry. I'm not. I'm just disappointed now. This season should've been something big, but like a positive big, not a colossal f**k up type of big.

I hate that amongst everything else, we have lost that run and flare from the second half of last year.
For me this is one of the hardest things to take. Even in defeat, we were good to watch late last year. The fans were happy because we were running and passing and moving and taking the game on. The future looked bright, said. This year we are seeing players step on the pitch and not move, not run, not present for a team mate. Tackle poorly and when we get the ball, don't know where to go and what to do with it. Indecision leads to pressure, which leads to poor disposal which leads to more pressure. Sure, injuries have been bad. We've missed a lot of key players at important times. But does that mean we stop running, stop passing, forget about the basics?

I'm over getting upset about this crap we keep seeing to be honest. I couldn't make tonight's game (and I hate missing home games regardless) but I could barely bring myself to watch the second half on TV either. It was just on. Background noise.

One of the highlights of the night was when Squizzy kicked that goal 26min into the last qrt and we were down by X amount and the big screen still went MAKE SOME NOISE!!

People did.

The sound of a few thousand seats retracting backwards was deafening.

Attended tonights game with a mate of mine who use to play rugby union and is a big rugby union fan. He has always liked the odd game of AFL but doesn't know to much about it overall. He said to me about half way through tonights game "I really like AFL but I could never play it. It just seems so disorganised and like there is no purpose/structure." That sounds like an ignorant comment to make but based on tonights showing from the Lions I really couldn't blame him. I mean 5 goals in a whole game of footy on the back of 4 last week? It got me thinking about trying to convert fans of rugby league, union, soccer ect. No way they would switch to AFL watching the Lions.

In regards to the game North simply worked harder. Whenever our players had the ball they had so much pressure applied on them and they had no one to kick to. On the odd occasion that we did get the ball flowing there was one little mistake such as a fumble or dropped ball that screwed the whole thing up. Disappointing game but I've got use to it over the course of this year.

It was still great to get to the Gabba for Jed's 200th.

Back