Round 17 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah got that feeling too.

Will likely trade beams though... That article about his shoulder being held together with sticky tape/needing surgery freaked me out a bit.

I was going to downgrade McKernan (r3)/Upgrade Cripps but as McKernan is playing with a low be, and I want ox my only rook on the field (Fyfe late out, Knights as the e) I am going:

Fyfe > Gazza
Cripps > Malceski

Leaving me with 77k. Plan is Ox to picken next week by downgrading McKernan.

Then a finished team :)

Only liabilities are Newnes, Gibson, Lynch (adel), Yeo, malceski

Last edited:
Cripps > Ablett
Clark > Downie

Keeping Clark allowed me to swing McKernan into ruck if needed but is now my best option this week to downgrade.

Anyone think Fyfe is 100% gauranteed of bring rested?

Any rumour of injury? Huge game for Freo and their last at the MCG before finals, seems like a strange game to miss.

Trades for me I got Gaz last week and think I might miss the Rocky boat so Nicholls > Dahlhaus, moving McKernan into the ruck.

Second trade not sure and not a lot of cash left so thinking I might switch S.Johnson to S.Selwood and leave it at that.

Last edited:
Any rumour of injury? Huge game for Freo and their last at the MCG before finals, seems like a strange game to miss.

Trades for me I got Gaz last week and think I might miss the Rocky boat so Nicholls > Dahlhaus, moving McKernan into the ruck.

Second trade not sure and not a lot of cash left so thinking I might switch S.Johnson to S.Selwood and leaving it at that.

He hasnt been training with the main group all week. even today he didnt train. Since the Hawks game (Mitchell) he has been playing with a corky. I cant see them risking him. For me my trades are either:

Mckernan > Downie (R3, so neither playing)
Cripps > Gaz
bank: +33k

or

Fyfe > Gaz
Cripps > Malceski
+77k

I am not taking the risk of needing my M9. Mckernan is playing, a low BE. Cripps needs to go so I think the second trade gives me the best team this week. (Also more cash) and I will still have Mckernan to milk. I want to finish as high up in the rankings and do not want to risk Fyfe.

I think Fyfe will be a late out. We have 2 trades a week so I am going to use them.

Also I have the luxury of being able to do Mckernan > Downie/nakervis next week with not much loss of money seeing as Mckernan is no.1 ruck

I'm taking a pretty big risk. Have had my trades done since Monday but after the teams have come out I've decided to go unique and not bring in Ablett.
Instead, my trades are

Membrey > Sloane (Lambert Dpp)
Dumont (sick of brad Scott being a shitcampaigner and not naming him) > Knight.
Leaves me with 200k more then if I went with Ablett, and I can focus on completing my last couple of upgrades in the forward line.

I'm taking a pretty big risk. Have had my trades done since Monday but after the teams have come out I've decided to go unique and not bring in Ablett.
Instead, my trades are

Membrey > Sloane (Lambert Dpp)
Dumont (sick of brad Scott being a shitcampaigner and not naming him) > Knight.
Leaves me with 200k more then if I went with Ablett, and I can focus on completing my last couple of upgrades in the forward line.

Sloane a bit of a risk. If he dies well, like bartel and a couple of others they are on my radar

Quickfire opinions.

Option A -

Trade B. Smith to Kelly (play Kelly for a few weeks and eventually trade either Kelly or Docherty to Picken when I get the cash. Focus on upgrading Kreuzer, Steele, Wines and Bontemelli in the next few weeks while Kelly makes cash)

Option B - keep B. Smith, downgrade a bench rookie like Fantasia etc and try and bank another 70k. Next week (probably copping some lost money from Smith) try and get the money together with another downgrade to swap Smith to Picken

Option C

Upgrade Wines to the best affordable midfielder. I cant afford Steven or Hannebery so this isnt an enticing option just now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He hasnt been training with the main group all week. even today he didnt train. Since the Hawks game (Mitchell) he has been playing with a corky. I cant see them risking him. For me my trades are either:

Mckernan > Downie (R3, so neither playing)
Cripps > Gaz
bank: +33k

or

Fyfe > Gaz
Cripps > Malceski
+77k

I am not taking the risk of needing my M9. Mckernan is playing, a low BE. Cripps needs to go so I think the second trade gives me the best team this week. (Also more cash) and I will still have Mckernan to milk. I want to finish as high up in the rankings and do not want to risk Fyfe.

I think Fyfe will be a late out. We have 2 trades a week so I am going to use them.

Also I have the luxury of being able to do Mckernan > Downie/nakervis next week with not much loss of money seeing as Mckernan is no.1 ruck

Could play through the cork after 6 days but not after 13 sounds like ducks and drakes to me.... and on a completely unrelated note going into the weekend with no midfield emergency suddenly seems a bit reckless :rolleyes:

Nicholls > Rocky (McKernan to R2)
Dumont > Lambert

I'm holding Fyfe and trading Beams to a low BE premo. Not exactly sure who yet :p

VB -> Knight

BroSmith gets another week at D6 then onto the bench.

hrms...do players scores ever correlate that strong to round?? Going to say no and cross fingers Beams doesn't smash it.

Anyone else noticed The Traders seem to be hitting the red bulls a bit hard lately? Much more intense! Hope they haven't fallen victim to stardom like Benny. (really though, I like it - reckon it's a bit of alcohol and concerted effort to be more exciting)

Last edited:
I'm holding Fyfe and trading Beams to a low BE premo. Not exactly sure who yet :p

hrms...do players scores ever correlate that strong to round?? Going to say no and cross fingers Beams doesn't smash it.

Surely not as the opponent would more than likely change....without actually looking one would think it would correlate more strongly with opponent and team composition.

Unless there's people like Birchall (who has always frustrated the hell out of me) who think "oh s**t, round 17, better score 135+ fantasy points just to * with people".

VB -> Knight

BroSmith gets another week at D6 then onto the bench.

Anyone else noticed The Traders seem to be hitting the red bulls a bit hard lately? Much more intense! Hope they haven't fallen victim to stardom like Benny. (really though, I like it - reckon it's a bit of alcohol and concerted effort to be more exciting)

I reckon you could pull any round, look at the supercoach stats and find a few relavent players that always ton it up. so it is basically data mining to find a result that suits a pre-determined hypothesis.

Malceski or Kelly guys?

I'm tossing between that now for my Cripps trade.

Malceski gets more money for next week. Kelly when fit is the higher DT scorer and will be for the season in my opinion if d6.

But it's what you can do with the money

Last edited:
farrrk i have fyfe beams and heppel to worry about,who should stay and who should go?

Fyfe battling a Corky - Coach said he's a certainty to play but they're flying lots of players....so do you trust him? Will it be a long term injury that will hold him back?

Beams shoulder needs surgery and it's more likely to break down as the season goes on - not the kind of thing that gets significantly better after a rest. He's worth $600k - he needs to perform very well. Fyfe is $540k atm.

Can you do something to improve your team next round with that extra cash? It lets me get Hodge.

Just have to go through the reasoning for yourself - weigh up risks - your own team - league/rank importance etc. I've been wrong heaps of times and there's every chance Beams could smash and Fyfe a late out.

Personally I'd sit on Hepp for now.

I'm tossing between that now for my Cripps trade.

Malceski gets more money for next week. Kelly when fit is the higher DT scorer and will be for the season in my opinion if d6.

But it's what you can do with the money

I got kelly two weeks ago for saad he 60 as a sub then 120 his output he can get for his price is pretty good i rekon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back