Autopsy Round 18, 2014 - Brisbane Lions vs. Gold Coast Suns Autopsy

Remove this Banner Ad

The switching around of positions will all make sense, and I'm sure there's a method to any perceived madness.

I'm also sure that decisions are made methodically. I'm just not sure they're always good decisions.

I think it's fair to say that so far Leppitsch has a mixed record at getting the best performances out of individuals.

But it's great to see that some of the players who looked a bit underutilised early in the year, like Hanley, Bewick and Harwood, are finding their role and their form. Hopefully we can expect the same from the likes of Golby, Mayes and Beams.

I don't think Bewick is playing as a backman. He's doing a tagging role and has followed Harvey and Bennell down there. It's interesting he's being preferred for a tagging role ahead of Raines. Perhaps because his kicking is a little bit better.

Not as much as I laughed at this gem that you posted minutes after getting laughed off our board for your "the Lions Academy didn't rate my friend's kid and are therefore ruining football in Queensland" meltdown. Was there a more obvious way you could have waved a flag saying "I'm upset!" :D

Speaking of said meltdown... Didn't you say you never, never, never coming back? Might be happier back on the Suns board where you can enthuse over the fact that you are the team with "talent". A fact I don't disagree with, even if all said talent is exclusively concentrated in the body of one bald man with a crook shoulder.
Poor form, trolling opposition supporters with their owned injured, follically challenged superstar. You are a mean, mean um.... meanie. We have other talent, we just haven't learnt to use it consistently in a really destructive way yet. Look out when we do in about three years time.

Poor form, trolling opposition supporters with their owned injured, follically challenged superstar. You are a mean, mean um.... meanie. We have other talent, we just haven't learnt to use it consistently in a really destructive way yet. Look out when we do in about three years time.

Hanley will be averaging 87 possessions and 8 goals a game by then. Like all of our players though, he has no talent, he just "works hard". ;)

It must be a QLD thing, players losing their hair all over the place...could that be a factor in player retention?

I don't think Bewick is playing as a backman. He's doing a tagging role and has followed Harvey and Bennell down there. It's interesting he's being preferred for a tagging role ahead of Raines. Perhaps because his kicking is a little bit better.

Yeah it's an interesting one. He probably matches Raines for endurance and shades him in kicking (he has a nice flat kick). Probably doesn't yet have the 100 percent concentrated focus to the tagging task that Raines does, but he is definitely improving there too, great job on Bennell.

That can't be right. He kicked three behinds from set shots against west coast.

I know because I spruiked him each time to a mate
Shot 1: 'This kids a great kick... [behind] nevermind he'll get the next one'
Shot 2: 'He'll get it this time for sure last time he didn't get to do his routine properly' [behind] *facepalm*
Shot 3: 'I don't want to jinx him so I'll just shut up...' [behind]

Hey Karix, these 3 statements sound just like myself in the same game.

He is a wonderful kick, and was so glad he kicked 2 last night, he should have kicked another

Yeah it's an interesting one. He probably matches Raines for endurance and shades him in kicking (he has a nice flat kick). Probably doesn't yet have the 100 percent concentrated focus to the tagging task that Raines does, but he is definitely improving there too, great job on Bennell.

Plus Bewick is younger.

Has agility in spades too. He's got a really well rounded tool set. The only problem he's ever had is going missing in games but if he's paying attention to an opponent during then it's a win.

Good point. Bewick's inconsistency and tendency to go AWOL has frustrated me in the past, but if giving him a tagging role keeps him in the contest and (to use a teacherism) "on task" then that could really help him contribute more consistently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Close is doing really well ... but there is an inaccurate red-head with huge biceps that is drawing multiple good defenders to allow Close to be that second (first) target.

Merrett's role may not be to be J.Brown. It may just be to run interference.
Pretty much, yes. If you expect more of him, don't play him there.
If Close was up against May, I think he would've struggled.

Oh wow, according to Fox Footy, by beating the Suns yesterday we consigned them to a worse start than the Bears who lost 59 of their first 83 games.

Suns have lost 60/83.

[/trolololol]

Oh wow, according to Fox Footy, by beating the Suns yesterday we consigned them to a worse start than the Bears who lost 59 of their first 83 games.

Suns have lost 60/83.

[/trolololol]

Even more hilarious when you think of how spoilt they are compared to what we were.

Raines tagged inside players, RoBew seems to run with the outside type more.

Hanley will be averaging 87 possessions and 8 goals a game by then. Like all of our players though, he has no talent, he just "works hard". ;)
Clearly you have no idea, as Hanley has lots of talent ;) I would love him at the Suns but the Lions is the next best side for me. He's a gun. He seems to love beating up on the Suns though. Does the coach hypnotise him before the game and tell him the Suns team are full of Englishmen or something?

As for working hard, when I was a young bloke I used to think I was working hard, but it wasn't until I got older that I really understood the meaning of hard work. The Suns are still a very young team in terms of their mental development. If this loss doesn't really sting them for the next time these two sides meet, then nothing will. They got spanked in that first quarter. Hopefully next year both sides have something to play for when the second clash comes around.

Clearly you have no idea, as Hanley has lots of talent ;) I would love him at the Suns but the Lions is the next best side for me. He's a gun. He seems to love beating up on the Suns though. Does the coach hypnotise him before the game and tell him the Suns team are full of Englishmen or something?

As for working hard, when I was a young bloke I used to think I was working hard, but it wasn't until I got older that I really understood the meaning of hard work. The Suns are still a very young team in terms of their mental development. If this loss doesn't really sting them for the next time these two sides meet, then nothing will. They got spanked in that first quarter. Hopefully next year both sides have something to play for when the second clash comes around.

Clearly you have lots of ideas, firstly if you read a few more of our pages, you would know that The Brown Dog (TBD) is a very respected poster on our board, he is a moderator, if you spent some more time on our board you would also know when TBD is enjoying the moment at someone else's expense, clearly your name TheSunGod is letting you down at the moment.

On the Suns, I would be surprised if you win another game this year. Now off you go back to your own board where I believe some of your supporters want your coaches head.

Clearly you have lots of ideas, firstly if you read a few more of our pages, you would know that The Brown Dog (TBD) is a very respected poster on our board, he is a moderator, if you spent some more time on our board you would also know when TBD is enjoying the moment at someone else's expense, clearly your name TheSunGod is letting you down at the moment.

On the Suns, I would be surprised if you win another game this year. Now off you go back to your own board where I believe some of your supporters want your coaches head.

Actually as TheSunGod I knew all of that, except for the bit about moderators being respected.;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back