Preview Round 18, 2022: Hawthorn v West Coast Eagles, 17 July 2022, 1.10pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would love to see a consistent back 6 of;

Hardwick blanck morris
Dgb Sicily and scrimshaw

Have Day and CJ rotate in from playing mid and wings - I reckon cj should have a stint in the midfield and forward to.

And somehow keep butler ward and McDonald, maginess in the team but not dropping players we may be trading. Build some confidence in Jeka before seasons end to.

Wins and losses don’t really matter from my point of view now, just keep building.

We've played 2 rucks three times this season and are 3-0 in those games.

How come you only want to play with one?
Those three games also happened to be easily the three weakest opponents we’ve played this year.

Saying that I think we have to play 2 rucks as our neither big boy or Reeves will be able to spend most of the game in the ruck.

Especially having to against Nic Nat

I thought Morris showed a bit on the weekend but Day replaces him every day of the week. Maybe Finn gets left out as there is no obvious tag for him this week. Gaff having 25-30 insignificant possies won’t hurt us. Gunston’s availability will make for a selection headache! Day for Shiels my only change to the 23.

I thought Morris showed a bit on the weekend but Day replaces him every day of the week. Maybe Finn gets left out as there is no obvious tag for him this week. Gaff having 25-30 insignificant possies won’t hurt us. Gunston’s availability will make for a selection headache! Day for Shiels my only change to the 23.
Maginness goes out with no obvious tagging option, gets him full mid time at VFL level and gets me something to look forward to watching down there.

Morris deserves more games, Day gets to play wing. Win win.

In: Day - Needs continuity
Out: CJ - needs to learn how to kick the ball to the forwards advantage
I beleive Day needs to come in but not at the expense of CJ. With each game CJ will learn and his upside is massive. We need both of them in the team probably forward or wing. Who to drop - for both to play - is a good question to have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maginness goes out with no obvious tagging option, gets him full mid time at VFL level and gets me something to look forward to watching down there.

Absolutely no chance Finn gets dropped after putting in that kind of performance on Dawson.

The obvious out is Morris. If anyone "deserves" more games out of the two it's clearly Finn, based on last week.

Absolutely no chance Finn gets dropped after putting in that kind of performance on Dawson.

The obvious out is Morris. If anyone "deserves" more games out of the two it's clearly Finn, based on last week.
Idk i disagree, although is there a chance day gets a game in the 2s?

You genuinely have rocks in your head.

I'd be shocked if Finn is dropped.

When rebuilding, you continue to reward young players that dominated their role, sacrificed for the team and had a big impact on a good win.

If there is no obvious 'tag', well he's earned the opportunity to play another role on the back of the weekend and a really good fortnight at Box Hill where he worked his backside off to get back into the side.

I get your point but, it's not easy to see who comes out for Day. I agree that Morris needs a block of games now.

If we are being honest, Day's form really doesn't warrant coming straight back in this year... maybe one of Mitchell or O'Meara will be rested... especially if Moore is going to play midfield again.

Last edited:
I'd be shocked if Finn is dropped.

When rebuilding, you continue to reward young players that dominated their role, sacrificed for the team and had a big impact on a good win.

If there is no obvious 'tag', well he's earned the opportunity to play another role on the back of the weekend and a really good fortnight at Box Hill where he worked his backside off to get back into the side.

I get your point but, it's not easy to see who comes out for Day. I agree that Morris needs a block of games now.

If we are being honest, Day's form really doesn't warrant coming straight back in this year... maybe one of Mitchell or O'Meara will be rested... especially if Moore is going to play midfield again.
I felt the issues we had at the start of the year were contributed to by the fact that we started dropping fit players trying their guts out for underdone players coming back in from injury. Keep Finn in.

I don't believe CJ should be dropped as he has some great attributes and will benefit from the more games he plays. Was frustrating on Sunday just watching him blaze away on several occasions though, so I can see where you're coming from to a degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back