Prediction Round 18 Changes. Freo vs Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Daicos strength is he can run all day and at good speed ..who in our team could keep up..

Is Banfield replacing Serong in the middle or something?
Or will Sturt rotate though there? Curious changes.
Wilson will be the sub I assume
Yeah I'm curious on that. We lost Serong (82% centre bounce inside mid for the season) and brought in 2 forwards and 2 defenders.

Jackson has been named on-ball, so maybe he actually gets some mid time next to Darcy in the ruck but then again, the named team usually isn't a true reflection of where guys actually play on the field.

Brayshaw, Erasmus, Walters, Clark, Henry all have big tanks and reasonable pace.
I don't think any of them could tag Daicos though...maybe Ras then..because we need Brayshaw to win the ball rather than tagging

I don't think any of them could tag Daicos though...maybe Ras then..because we need Brayshaw to win the ball rather than tagging

I’m not suggesting they could quell him, Adelaide tried with one of the best athletes in the AFL in Keays and he couldn’t do it. Daicos is just a freak, probably the most talented youngster in the AFL since Buddy and before him Judd. No one else close.

The biggest disappointment last week was the passiveness and lack of intensity of the players.. IF we can show some passion and intensity on Saturday and display some semblance of a game style , I can cop a loss. However if we raise the white flag at the first sign of pressure…….the heat on the club next week will be intense.

Banfield to pack his legrope and double velcro it to Nick Daicos early in proceedings.

I agree the only reason why they would bring in both Sturt and Banfield is if Banfield is going back to his original role as a tagger on Daicos. I would have thought NOD was a certainty. Rather have him in the 22 and use Aish back if needed rather than Wagner

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The biggest disappointment last week was the passiveness and lack of intensity of the players.. IF we can show some passion and intensity on Saturday and display some semblance of a game style , I can cop a loss. However if we raise the white flag at the first sign of pressure…….the heat on the club next week will be intense.
Very disturbing to me that we'd play like that in our skipper's 100th and finals on the line. If we don't respond with some fight I'll be concerned that this group simply doesn't want it enough. These guys have the potential to bring Freo its first flag and go down in history as immortals, I hope they haven't lost sight of that.

I’m as big a Banfield critic as anyone but as a tagger he might actually be useful. However surely he doesn’t have the pace to run with Nick Daicos for 4 quarters?
If he does then that would be great. I would have thought Walker could be told for this week to forget his position and just follow Daicos everywhere. It’s not like he has loads of touches at half back anyway

Given that the flogger pies lost to the bin fire side that is the eagles last year at the G, I'll go into Saturday with a speck of hope!

I’m as big a Banfield critic as anyone but as a tagger he might actually be useful. However surely he doesn’t have the pace to run with Nick Daicos for 4 quarters?
If he does then that would be great. I would have thought Walker could be told for this week to forget his position and just follow Daicos everywhere. It’s not like he has loads of touches at half back anyway
Oh really...you called him dog s$ht and now it would be great if he could tag Daicos.. 🙄

Walker is quick, but doubt he would have the tank to sustain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BB did tagger role well in his first year and has a bit of aggression , would be good choice as seems to relish a challenge (should have lined up on Cripps last week but JL doesnt like to be imaginative or daring)

Very disturbing to me that we'd play like that in our skipper's 100th and finals on the line. If we don't respond with some fight I'll be concerned that this group simply doesn't want it enough. These guys have the potential to bring Freo its first flag and go down in history as immortals, I hope they haven't lost sight of that.
💯
It’s a fact that we are young and inexperienced and I think most of us can understand if they make skill errors or “take on too much” but real effort is a non negotiable. I do wonder if JL‘s laid back style contributes. Clutching a straws of course as it may be just a confidence thing. Regardless that type of lack of intensity is untenable.

I agree the only reason why they would bring in both Sturt and Banfield is if Banfield is going back to his original role as a tagger on Daicos. I would have thought NOD was a certainty. Rather have him in the 22 and use Aish back if needed rather than Wagner

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
NOD isn’t fit. Clearly hasn’t been all season.

Both Sturt and Banfield will be forward. Could see Switkowski/Jackson around the packs

Overall Wilson has been such a meh recruit.

I usually agree with you with most of your posts. But this is one I cant agree with.

Very Harsh on your view on Nathan Wilson.

He came at the right time at the end of the 2017 season.. Yeah we traded a future 2nd round pick in the 2017 trade period. It was pick 23 overall.

But he was solid from 2018-21. He was that Paul Duffield back pocket type he filled from 2018-21. He had pace and endurance to play on a wing or on a forward flank.

I hope Joel absolutely lights it up, stays in the team, puts a shed load of pressure on Pearce and Cox and gets another 2 years at Freo

That might not be the worst thing in the world to be honest. Handing Joel Hamling a 2 year deal. That means a contract until 2025.

Biggest fear is Brennan cox leaves as a free agent in 2024.

That might not be the worst thing in the world to be honest. Handing Joel Hamling a 2 year deal. That means a contract until 2025.

Biggest fear is Brennan cox leaves as a free agent in 2024.

Not playing Hamling while Chapman has been out with injury has been very disappointing.
We’ve clearly struggled with taller forward lines all year

Titus nails it:
A loss here, and we can stick a fork in the Dockers, whose unchecked torture program against their fans continues on while the United Nations does nothing.

Titus nails it:
A loss here, and we can stick a fork in the Dockers, whose unchecked torture program against their fans continues on while the United Nations does nothing.
I only read the headline but I love it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back