Autopsy Round 18: West Coast Eagles V Richmond - Toast, Roast & Changes for next week

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely Maric can ruck out one game by himself. Getting one AFL game for him would surely help him out hugely going into next year.
Would be a big risk if he got injured. Would give it to someone else and maybe play McBean against just about any other team that we have left. He would be ok against guys like Ryder/Daniher, Longer/Stanley etc.

Would be a big risk if he got injured. Would give it to someone else and maybe play McBean against just about any other team that we have left. He would be ok against guys like Ryder/Daniher, Longer/Stanley etc.
Unless Maric is made out of glass, 1 full game in the ruck wouldn't injure him.

Unless Maric is made out of glass, 1 full game in the ruck wouldn't injure him.
Any player can get injured at any time. Wasn't it last year when Maric and Vickery both got injured against the Cats and we had to use McGuane in the ruck and proceeded to get flogged. I just really don't want to see McBean have to go up against Mumford. Put Hampson or Griff in for a week and then bring McBean in for the last 4. Or bring in McBean with one of them and play 3 talls up forward.

Any player can get injured at any time. Wasn't it last year when Maric and Vickery both got injured against the Cats and we had to use McGuane in the ruck and proceeded to get flogged. I just really don't want to see McBean have to go up against Mumford. Put Hampson or Griff in for a week and then bring McBean in for the last 4. Or bring in McBean with one of them and play 3 talls up forward.
Exactly, so whether on not Maric has a back up is irrelevant. Maric can rest when Mumford is resting.

Exactly, so whether on not Maric has a back up is irrelevant. Maric can rest when Mumford is resting.
Does Mumford rest though? I asked the question earlier in the thread. I'm not sure who back-up ruck there is? If it's someone who won't just eat McBean then fair enough, though he doesn't really deserve a game after today. He'd be 4th in line behind Griff, Hampson, Orren.

Does Mumford rest though? I asked the question earlier in the thread. I'm not sure who back-up ruck there is? If it's someone who won't just eat McBean then fair enough, though he doesn't really deserve a game after today. He'd be 4th in line behind Griff, Hampson, Orren.
If Mumford doesn't rest, then Maric shouldn't have to either?
Players aren't picked just on their more recent game. His form over the 2 weeks before that was deserving.

If Mumford doesn't rest, then Maric shouldn't have to either?
Players aren't picked just on their more recent game. His form over the 2 weeks before that was deserving.
So we should follow what GWS do? Maric's body is rooted. He hasn't had a pre-season and you want him to ruck a whole game. McBean is a twig, he falls over at any sign of contact. He's super talented but I fear he won't get a kick at AFL level at this point. He's not ready. In fact, I'd say he's a fair way off it. What do we do with him when he doesn't touch the footy. Depends I guess whether we think we can play finals? If we do, then he shouldn't play. If we don't then I don't mind gifting him a few games to give him a taste heading into pre-season.

Tb26HHZ.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm just glad that I didn't have to eat a steaming pile of s**t...

I guess I showed winnyblues how to make a bet!

In the imortal words of KC & THE SUNSHINE BAND......Do a little dance, make a little love get down tonight...Always good when you dont have to chow down on poooooo.

After reading about Grigg & Lennon dominate in the VFL and Griffiths having a good performance, I wonder if the match committee will be tempted to go with 3 changes to a winning line up. Would be a gutsy move to make that many changes to a winning line up and personally I don't believe they will do it, but given our desire to play our best side it wouldn't surprise me to see it happen.

After reading about Grigg & Lennon dominate in the VFL and Griffiths having a good performance, I wonder if the match committee will be tempted to go with 3 changes to a winning line up. Would be a gutsy move to make that many changes to a winning line up and personally I don't believe they will do it, but given our desire to play our best side it wouldn't surprise me to see it happen.
Don't believe everything you read...Watching the game Grigg and Lennon may have racked up possies but were not effective Griff and McBean were better...they're both creative and had more presence on the ground
Don't get me wrong, both Grigg and lennon were ok but hardly BOG

Don't believe everything you read...Watching the game Grigg and Lennon may have racked up possies but were not effective Griff and McBean were better...they're both creative and had more presence on the ground
Don't get me wrong, both Grigg and lennon were ok but hardly BOG
Plan on watching the game tomorrow morning to see how they performed. Like I said personally I wouldn't be making the 3 changes, but given the clubs desire to play the strongest side possible, I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back