Unofficial Preview Round 19 Early Thoughts: Sydney Swans vs Essendon - SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniher a big out for them structurally with Bellchambers not fit.

IN: Shaw (sub)
OUT: Towers

Thoughts on maybe punting Lloyd out instead of Towers? He looks a bit spent at this stage, id also like to see what else Towers has got.

Agree with this, if we can keep Carlisle quiet id imagine we will have a comfortable win. There are not other genuine threats up forward that I think will worry our defence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on maybe punting Lloyd out instead of Towers? He looks a bit spent at this stage, id also like to see what else Towers has got.

Yeah I wouldn't be against that, Towers did a couple nice things in the last quarter. Maybe start Lloyd as sub.

Hasn't played for 5 weeks. Wonder if they'll risk him? Certainly won't be at his best.
Don't think they will have a choice , cant have Hooker 2nd rucking again like he did against the DOGS , what happens when he is rucking who goes to Tippett.
To much to ask from Carlisle to be the sole big forward , underdone or not I think they have to play him

wouldnt mind reid going back potentially

I thought that was a problem the other night. reid had to play too many roles. He played a substantial time in the ruck in the first half and I thought by the last due to him also playing as a third defender he was stuffed.

I think Shaw has to play in the Twos to start with. I can't see us playing any underdone players this late in the peace against a hard opponent. If it were Brisbane then yes

I thought that was a problem the other night. reid had to play too many roles. He played a substantial time in the ruck in the first half and I thought by the last due to him also playing as a third defender he was stuffed.
Bombers are one dimensional up forward its Carlisle or not much else so I dont think the Swans will be tempted to move reid back off the back off of a bloke having 2 big games

Bombers are one dimensional up forward its Carlisle or not much else so I dont think the Swans will be tempted to move reid back off the back off of a bloke having 2 big games

carlisle has hands like buckets at the moment though, i think they have a few small forwards chapman, winderlich, ambrose and they have mids who kick goals like zaharakis, stanton, goddard.

If bellchambers is back it means he and Ryder can go forward as well.
They could always use Hurley up there, and put Fletcher on someone

carlisle has hands like buckets at the moment though, i think they have a few small forwards chapman, winderlich, ambrose and they have mids who kick goals like zaharakis, stanton, goddard.

If bellchambers is back it means he and Ryder can go forward as well.
They could always use Hurley up there, and put Fletcher on someone
They are certainly flexible if need be however I think Bomber wants to stick with his structure that is now finally working for him, that means Winderlich and Hurley play back and Carlisle up forward. You are certainly right about Zaha and Chappy being goal kicking mids, they are certainly dangerous but if our midfield can play anything like they should then the Bombers goal kicking mids wont have the desired impact. Ryder is an issue when he is up forward but not sure if the SCG will suit him, loves to be able to lead into space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back