Autopsy Round 2, 2020: Hawks go home early

Remove this Banner Ad

This should be the game for Poppy, i love him but Clarko needs to tap him on the shoulder and let him know it's time.

It happend with Gibbo and it happened with Roughead. He is done, he is offering nothing and is not a part of our future.

I don't know whats more concerning: the fact we were flogged by an ageing, declining team or the fact that Clarko thinks this is our strongest side with players left out not good enough to displace those on the park.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This should be the game for Poppy, i love him but Clarko needs to tap him on the shoulder and let him know it's time.

It happend with Gibbo and it happened with Roughead. He is done, he is offering nothing and is not a part of our future.

Who replaces him though? Ross or Walker?

I don't know whats more concerning: the fact we were flogged by an ageing, declining team or the fact that Clarko thinks this is our strongest side with players left out not good enough to displace those on the park.
Who comes in, who goes out? We’ve got two talks IMO who come in, Lewis and Scrim, but we were way too tall tonight to begin with... we lost this game at ground level.

We went tall down back so Geelong used Brooke Satchwell as a decoy and used the smalls as the goal scoring targets knowing we were light on small defenders and midfield depth. Plus Hardwick was grossly underdone due to his injury and Stratton is having to defend an opponent and father time at the same time.

Meanwhile Patton continued to be the forward target when he was too slow and too immobile to get free from Taylor. When it wasn't kicked to Patton, it was kicked to the 40m area, and that's exactly where Geelong setup their backline against us. Like night follows day, we kicked it there time and time and time again where they had the numbers and got easy transition and we were chasing tail all game.

I was at training during the week for the main session. I still can’t believe Poppy played based on what I witnessed. Crazy decision.

Tigers have 1 Ruck in Soldo. We do not want Big Boy trying to chase T Lynch around.

Big Boy or Ceglar but not both against the Tigers.

Based on what I witnessed tonight one team was fit and hungry and ran out the game and one team was lethargic from the start and ran out of gas at half time.

It’s only 1 week but not a good look tonight for the Hawks.

We have no one to replace him. We didn't trade for or draft anyone ready to claim his spot. We only have Minch who obviously still isn't fit enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back