Opinion Round 2 Changes vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

He'll be a liability when it matters.

Count the number of good games he's played against decent teams and you come up empty.

This team needs to find something extra than the same old foot soldiers who play a role if it wants to win a premiership. And I don't care if Lyon rates him - he played Peake, McQualter, and Eddy at St Kilda, and Suban is cut from the same cloth.
This is Subans last year of getting a regular gig in the seniors, IMO. I reckon next year when Weller, Blakely and perhaps even Langdon have had a year in the system, that they'll get games ahead of Nick.

This is Subans last year of getting a regular gig in the seniors, IMO. I reckon next year when Weller, Blakely and perhaps even Langdon have had a year in the system, that they'll get games ahead of Nick.
It's not soon enough. Taberner should be in the side ahead of Suban. The side needs an ability to score this year, not a foot solider who plays his role. The foot soldiers have had their turns, in both Lyon teams. Time to play someone who can make a difference.

We at the HFC would like to wish you guys well in your forth-coming match against the Sore losers....It would please us no end to see you blokes tear this club a new ****-hole....We have laid the ground work for you in thankx & appreciation for all you've done against the self-entitled whingers these past 4 years....Please Ground this filth into the dirt, where they belong!

Thank You Ross, Thank You Freo, for showing us THE Light!....The GFC, is a club without grace, respect or dignity!

We at the HFC would like to wish you guys well in your forth-coming match against the Sore losers....It would please us no end to see you blokes tear this club a new ****-hole....We have laid the ground work for you in thankx & appreciation for all you've done against the self-entitled whingers these past 4 years....Please Ground this filth into the dirt, where they belong!

Thank You Ross, Thank You Freo, for showing us THE Light!....The GFC, is a club without grace, respect or dignity!

You forgot self discipline and the ability to say no to a beer.

It's not soon enough. Taberner should be in the side ahead of Suban. The side needs an ability to score this year, not a foot solider who plays his role. The foot soldiers have had their turns, in both Lyon teams. Time to play someone who can make a difference.
I actually think Tabs will play tomorrow. Whether Suban is the out or not, I'm not sure.

Very sorry to lose Sherridan - he deserved his spot, so I assume it's soreness etc...

OTOH, I'm absolutely stoked to see Duffy in the squad as he is also deceptively fast... and I'm absolutely ITCHING to see both Duffy and Stevie J together on the same field for some reason.

There's something about Duffy that reminds me a little of the way SJ plays... but I'm buggered if I can put my finger on it. Does anybody else here share that particular delusion with me, or ave I swallowed the worm again by accident? :D

Nah I have thought the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure there is any reason to think Suban would have a better game than Crozier. They are both likely to get around a dozen possessions, but Crozier is far more likely to kick goals and less likely to give away clumsy free kicks, plus there is far more future upside with one player. Crozier kicked 3 at the cattery last year, so that should be considered.

My first thought was wanting to see WC lose again but long term it is better for us if they win enough games against weaker teams like Carlton to finish about 9th....

This. We don't want them getting the bottom 6 dream fixture or high draft picks. Let them wallow in mediocrity (9th - 12th) forever.

Last edited:
I'm not sure there is any reason to think Suban would have a better game than Crozier. They are both likely to get around a dozen possessions, but Crozier is far more likely to kick goals and less likely to give away clumsy free kicks, plus there is far more future upside with one player. Crozier kicked 3 at the cattery last year, so that should be considered.

Yep Suban has had plenty of opportunity to show his capability and I really thought this year might finally be his breakthrough year but last week was a stinker.

Stick a fork in him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, now that Crozier and Sheridan have got their bodies AFL size it is difficult to see a reason that Subes would get a game ahead of them. Great to have Subes on the fringes of the team though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back