Review Round 20 v West Coast Eagles @ Metricon, Sunday 31/7, 1:10

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't care

82004617.jpg

You're correct.
Was thinking if that was Lemmens or Rowell they would have been sprinting and diving at the smother.

But please, don't come on to our board with your only contribution being to pot outrplayers.
No definately not just dont like when players coast instead of having a crack one blokes in side with lesser ability

It's actually not bizarre.

Completely bizarre that people were calling for Thompson, a guy who is not going to have a part in any finals endeavour.
It is bizarre IMO. He's been in average form (at best) in the VFL. There's nothing wrong with letting him develop in the VFL for the year. Geelong's SDK did so for a couple of years.

If you don't want to bring in Rory, even though it helps us win more than someone like Mac (which we should be desperate to be doing at this point), then don't bring in either of them and try a different mix.

Just don't think bringing in Mac when he can barely contribute is a good idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That selection nearly cost us the game
Thompson plays and locks down Darling they’re not even close

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
But Thompson's "washed" and "injury prone" and "ginger"

******* over this narrative, Play the bloody bloke

It is bizarre IMO. He's been in average form (at best) in the VFL. There's nothing wrong with letting him develop in the VFL for the year. Geelong's SDK did so for a couple of years.

If you don't want to bring in Rory, even though it helps us win more than someone like Mac (which we should be desperate to be doing at this point), then don't bring in either of them and try a different mix.

I didn’t think Mac was too bad. A few nice leaps that could have been marks. Is certainly a pretty nice kick, compared to Graham/Collins/Thompson.

I think Graham was actually a bigger problem from what I could see at the game as his player is always loose. I’m not saying Mac should play over Thompson, but he is doing what Ballard did when he started as a third tall.

Collins was more of an issue than Mac or Graham today. Darling destroyed sarge
Yep. Don't blame him for when the midfield lets him down and Darling has fifty meters to lead into, but even in genuine one on one contests, Collins got worked underneath it more often than not and they got out the back.

I think we all know how much we will miss Ballard, but none moreso than Collins.

Well that was crap

We have fallen apart again in the 2nd half of the year ( although not as large a loss margin) with the only wins being against Richmond which s**t the bed to hand us the win and against the Eagles who have won only 2 games This year.

The couple of wins in the heat of Darwin have improved our win and percentage columns ( somewhat falsely) but we are still along way off and I remain unconvinced that Dew is the right man. That was our first q1 lead in 8 weeks and yes we have injuries but some of the selections being made are just outright dumb

You are right. Thompson and Graham play lockdown and Collins plays Ballards role.
My issue is l have no faith in his ability to play out a game.
If he wasn't so fragile he'd be great.
If they are not going hard at Jones they are bad s**t crazy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back