Preview Round 22, 2022: Richmond v Hawthorn, MCG 1:10pm Sun 14th Aug

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Sam wants to knock this fragility out of some of our younger players. Playing sore is a reality for a seasoned footballer. You still need to go out there and perform
As long as it's just soreness and a matter of overcoming the mental barrier. If there's any underlying injury then I can't see how it's worth it.

As long as it's just soreness and a matter of overcoming the mental barrier. If there's any underlying injury then I can't see how it's worth it.
If there was he would be out for the year like the rest of the players who are

So Training today and in my many years of training a first. It was father / Son day down at training. Quite a lot of noise on the track everyone up and about. Great idea from Sam more of that later.

No Shows:

• Gunston (refer to what event we had on probably too soon for him)
  • Seamus Mitchell
  • Tom Phillips
Rehab:

• Brockman: doing laps initially on his own then joined by retired ruckman
  • Frosty: didn't do much
  • Worpel: Arm in a sling
  • Bramble: didn't do much
  • Downie: Running laps
  • Wingard: Running laps
  • Ned Reeves: Arm in a Sling
  • Lewis: Looked proppy but same as CJ warm up and then laps
  • CJ: Did the warm up and then did laps with Lewis
  • Morris: Didn't do much had a chat to him. Told him I was a huge fan and it was sad to see him go down especially since he was playing so well. He said he was looking forward to getting back out there next year. He should be right to go 1st day of pre season.
Main Group:

So father / son not a happy hunting ground for us in general but it was a great training session out there today. Lots chatter, lots of laughs, an injury(yes one father down)

Of the fathers I could recognise I saw day's old man, Wards old man, Scott Maginess, Barry Mitchell and Callow's old man.
Everyone started in the warm up lots of back slaps and hollering. They all went into some interleaving handball drills which were close and then further spaced out as we finished doing each drill. This was then followed with some kicking drills.

We then had the infamous gauntlet where players had to run through being buffeted by others. So We had Dimma go through first there might video of this on the website coming up I am sure. Followed by Nash and a parent and Callow and his old man and so on lots of roars and oohs and ahhs as they got hit on the way through.

Then they broke up into groups one group had no dads and was doing some kicks into the forward line for players on the lead

The second group if you could call it that was Ward and Sam as the mids and Ramsden and Lynch the ruckmen against a sprinkling of dads doing boundary line stoppages and then throw ups it started two on two then went to two on 4. I have to say star of the show Barry Mitchell he has still got it. To which I yelled out we have our starting mid this week to some giggles from Sam and Hickmott.

The third group was where all the big action was players going one on one in a kick to kick. Day almost took a hanger over his dad but spilt the mark.
We had hartigan and Sic up against the dad's down there taking contested marks. Then the moment. Sic Versus Scotty. Scotty led out and almost had Sic on the lead before doing a hammy which led to a lot laughs and groans. Have to say rather funny because Scotty is a physio. He was limping around for the rest of the session. I don't think it was too bad well hopefully not.

The dad's took a rest for a bit and the boys then did some backline and full ground kicking drills. DGB wasn't there Jeka was and it included Hartigan perhaps a prelude to selection. At the other end it was all about transition from the half backline through kicking and handballing through too the forward on the lead.

I caught up with Reeves asking him about his dad's no show and he was like yes he is too busy apparently pointing upwards. He then disappears under to catch the lift upstairs and comes back in 5 and 10 minutes later Reeves's old man is downstairs. I walk over and yell out to Reevesy mate your old man has the right gear for this forget the footy boots and mouth guard he brings down a latte. Reeves was like I know...

Finally we had the ground ball gets where the players went through a couple of dads buffeting them with the bags. The dad took it in turns a couple of them being bowled over by some of the players. It was good fun and i am sure the players really enjoyed it.

I left the track as they were taking shots on goal with the dad's standing the mark. All in all a very entertaining day too much to keep an eye on way too much going on. I am sure I missed stuff

Go you mighty hawks

At this point I reckon if Dylan Moore told Sam that he got some ingrown hairs after shaving his pubes, he'd be ruled out for the season.

12 players from the list now out for the remainder of 2022.

That’s a real stretch for a list with so many youngsters who’ve played less than 30 games.

Lower your expectations for any more wins this year me thinks.

If available Blanck should come back in for Richmond's tall forwards. Either Serong or DGB out depending on match ups.

I'd give Shiels the farewell game and drop Impey.

Prefer to keep Butler in but could see him going out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I wasn't working I would be there. I slaved away for years in the mid to late 90s at Waverley when we were mediocre and I was there most weeks. For anyone that doesn't have prior engagements or live interstate there really isn't any excuse your just not a true supporter. Just there for the good times.

If HODGEYROAD can turn up week in week out and gets hammered for not being a true fan, I'm sure the true fans can start to make the effort.

12 players from the list now out for the remainder of 2022.

That’s a real stretch for a list with so many youngsters who’ve played less than 30 games.

Lower your expectations for any more wins this year me thinks.
The 23 from last weeks win are still available so it is not like he can't field a competitive team

If I wasn't working I would be there. I slaved away for years in the mid to late 90s at Waverley when we were mediocre and I was there most weeks. For anyone that doesn't have prior engagements or live interstate there really isn't any excuse your just not a true supporter. Just there for the good times.

people are allowed to support the team in ways other than showing up to the footy. some people don't have the money to attend, some people work weekends, some people just prefer watching from home, some people have family they take care of, and so on

if someone goes to a game and spends the whole time complaining, potting our players every time they make a mistake and making a fuss why are they any more of a "true supporter" than someone who only goes a couple of times a year, watches every other game on TV but cheers like a crazy campaigner everytime we score or make a good passage of play? what about those that cant afford Kayo or go to games but listen to it on the radio wearing their dad's scarf?

this true supporter fairweather fan bullshit just completely misses the point of what footy and Hawthorn is all about. It's something that brings a community of people together out of love for the game and the team.

if it brings people joy to watch and follow the Hawks why does it matter what way they show it? is that not what supporting a club is all about?

Impey playing up forward has paved the way for Moore to play in the midfield. Look at the results the last five weeks. No way does he go out. What Impey has added is some much needed spark to the forward-line. He doesn’t mind getting under the skin of opposition players.

people are allowed to support the team in ways other than showing up to the footy. some people don't have the money to attend, some people work weekends, some people just prefer watching from home, some people have family they take care of, and so on

if someone goes to a game and spends the whole time complaining, potting our players every time they make a mistake and making a fuss why are they any more of a "true supporter" than someone who only goes a couple of times a year, watches every other game on TV but cheers like a crazy campaigner everytime we score or make a good passage of play? what about those that cant afford Kayo or go to games but listen to it on the radio wearing their dad's scarf?

this true supporter fairweather fan bullshit just completely misses the point of what footy and Hawthorn is all about. It's something that brings a community of people together out of love for the game and the team.

if it brings people joy to watch and follow the Hawks why does it matter what way they show it? is that not what supporting a club is all about?
My biggest pet peeve is membership, used to be reserved seats and the odd presidential lunch. Now retired and not so cashed up so got the cheaper option for the family. It’s my commitment my love. I go early in the year, 5-6 games generally. But I watch every single game and love ready big footy and love my team, Go hawks.

My biggest pet peeve is membership, used to be reserved seats and the odd presidential lunch. Now retired and not so cashed up so got the cheaper option for the family. It’s my commitment my love. I go early in the year, 5-6 games generally. But I watch every single game and love ready big footy and love my team, Go hawks.

Yeah exactly mate. Sure it's annoying if people don't wanna watch or go to games if they think we're gonna lose, but there's just as many (if not more) that can't for logistical reasons.

At the end of the day, as you say, it's your love. Your commitment. So why the * are you worried about what other people are doing? As long as you're happy supporting the club it makes no sense to even think about let alone pot others for how they show their support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back