Autopsy Round 3, 2023: St.Kilda v Essendon *150 YEARS OF THE SAINTS*

Remove this Banner Ad

1041561.jpg
My heroes. I started life as a Lions (Bernie, Lynch, Osborne) supporter, but living near Moorabbin I went down to most of our games and these two converted me. Just as well - doubt I would have gone with Brissie, probably would have lost interest.
Sorry guys. I don't think I've got much to add. Well into a second bottle, very happy.
Hill, Wood, Crouch, Higgins, Butler, Wilkie were amazing, but the kids! Owens, Hammer, Nas. Just incredible.
I hate the other team, but I just can't be bothered commenting about them. It's all about the Saints tonight.

I’m not all that fussed about the collar… but the pinstripe… the thin black shoulder piping… and most importantly, THE CREST… bring it back, full time.

Now and forever, amen.

F5DFD5E1-1595-4080-9F76-74F6DF108D12.jpeg AE4475C6-59C5-444D-A190-B0BE7A3AFE76.jpeg A4F73F46-6FE2-45C5-8252-B10E5671B58B.jpeg BC570F0C-1FB4-4436-8816-054C57327DEB.jpeg

Know what I ******* loved? Watching Windhager take a deep breath, focus on his run up routine and slot that sealer from 50 metres. Young kid, followed a method, gets it done. Heads are in the right place and the coaches seem to have the older blokes like Seb revitalised and the younger blokes like Windy in the zone.

You *in love to see it.
Mate Butler's two goals in the third did it for me. I leaped up from my seat and fist pumped the air, those I was with thought I was ****ing nuts but I could see the game turning the Bombers way and the way we responded there and then again in the last was ****ing brilliant.

We actually have a set of balls this year. No folding, no going into our shells. Attack the game and embrace the challenge. Honestly it's one of the best wins we've had in last 10 years.

It means more to me, lets be honest this is our biggest marquee game in at least 5 years. The Spud game was important, don't get me wrong, but this was something else.

We showed up to play, we were under the pump, and we came back and won. Normally we fold in milestone games. Often we give up once the opposition gets a run on. We hung on, and not just that, we slammed some goals home to finish.

This is Saints Footy. And tonight was a real celebration for this club and everyone involved. What a night.
I hear you mate honestly it's one for the ages. I will always remember tonight, given the situation with our injuries and the size of the occasion. We came out and played like true professionals. I have no words really. I can keep talking about how good we were but **** me mate, it was absolutely ****ing incredible.

Mate Butler's two goals in the third did it for me. I leaped up from my seat and fist pumped the air, those I was with thought I was ******* nuts but I could see the game turning the Bombers way and the way we responded there and then again in the last was ******* brilliant.

We actually have a set of balls this year. No folding, no going into our shells. Attack the game and embrace the challenge. Honestly it's one of the best wins we've had in last 10 years.

I think Butler did something very similar for us at the death vs Gold Coast a year or 2 ago, I reckon he loves those late in games increased tempo moments. Butler’s goals, Mitchi’s mark and leads/crashing packs, Windhager composure. So much to like.

Well done guys, not going to shy away from the chatter before the game.. Thoroughly outworked by a much better system than we thought we had going well.

Ross is back baby and got some seriously what was thought ordinary footballers playing some very good football right now.

Mason Wood, Brad Hill, Liam Stocker all playing much much better footy than most probably thought.

Good luck for the rest of the season, was a lot of frustrations tonight and would love to blame the umpires, you guys etc etc but in the end you beat us on the spread by outworking us.

How good is Ryan Byrnes

Who cares about injuries?

Next man in.

Just look at Stocker and Cordy.

They were whipping boys and now they are cult heroes.
Let’s be honest.

This has to be breaking point if we lose another 2.

There was only 9 fit prior to last weeks Sandy game not getting a game at afl level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hear you mate honestly it's one for the ages. I will always remember tonight, given the situation with our injuries and the size of the occasion. We came out and played like true professionals. I have no words really. I can keep talking about how good we were but * me mate, it was absolutely ******* incredible.
I dunno why I said "it means more to me", I think I was gonna go somewhere with that but didn't lmao. Makes me look like a w***er. Anyway

For all those that went to the game tonight, I'd urge you all to try and find the broadcast that Channel 7 put out. Highlights of past players, the view of the ground before the game was amazing. The pre-game music was brilliantly done. The club should be congratulated not just for winning, but for putting together a brilliant celebration. From start to finish, from the past players on the ground to the live music, to the young woman on guitar in the crowd... It was great stuff. I didn't know Ella Hooper and Alex Lahey were St Kilda supporters.

I dunno why I said "it means more to me", I think I was gonna go somewhere with that but didn't lmao. Makes me look like a w***er. Anyway

For all those that went to the game tonight, I'd urge you all to try and find the broadcast that Channel 7 put out. Highlights of past players, the view of the ground before the game was amazing. The pre-game music was brilliantly done. The club should be congratulated not just for winning, but for putting together a brilliant celebration. From start to finish, from the past players on the ground to the live music, to the young woman on guitar in the crowd... It was great stuff. I didn't know Ella Hooper and Alex Lahey were St Kilda supporters.
Channel 7 have the full pre game on the app btw

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don’t know if anyone has said this but I’m happy Sam fisher was there. Just because he has done some wrong doesn’t make him a bad person.

Let’s be honest.

This has to be breaking point if we lose another 2.

There was only 9 fit prior to last weeks Sandy game not getting a game at afl level.
Webster- Wood
Stocker ?

Has to be breaking point
We have been so brave

What a win! We have been conditioned to fold and give up in games like this in the past but not tonight. I thought we were just about cooked when they drew level but the response was something else. Huge effort! Shame about Webster and Wood. Mason is just about irreplaceable in our side at the moment so that hurts.

Well done guys, not going to shy away from the chatter before the game.. Thoroughly outworked by a much better system than we thought we had going well.

Ross is back baby and got some seriously what was thought ordinary footballers playing some very good football right now.

Mason Wood, Brad Hill, Liam Stocker all playing much much better footy than most probably thought.

Good luck for the rest of the season, was a lot of frustrations tonight and would love to blame the umpires, you guys etc etc but in the end you beat us on the spread by outworking us.

I will continue to mercilessly rip Essendon and Essendon fans but I appreciate the comment.

I will now show great humility and decency and give you a small scrap of a compliment: Alwyn Davey Jr will be a player.

Agreed and couldn't have said it any better. The past players thing was fantastic, and the buildup was immense. I'm just glad we didn't shit ourselves like years prior. We faced the challenge head on and delivered.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back