Preview Round 3, 2023: St.Kilda v Essendon - MCG, Saturday 1st April, 7:25PM AEDT *150 YEARS OF THE SAINTS*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 74 72.5%
  • Bombers

Votes: 28 27.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good old Jetstar. I going to Bangkok in august with them. I’d say I’m more chance of being here than there. Any alternative way of getting here?
I know this doesn't help however I learned my lesson with Jetstar the hard way once before.

Now I happily pay a bit extra to travel with Qantas - never a worry or any issues.

Qantas>Virgin>jetstar

I know this doesn't help however I learned my lesson with Jetstar the hard way once before.

Now I happily pay a bit extra to travel with Qantas - never a worry or any issues.

Qantas>Virgin>jetstar
Same, flights to Hawaii cancelled at 11pm (flying at 8am the next day).

2 weeks to get a refund and a couple K out of pocket to change flights.

Never again, under any circumstances

My problem with the dees supporters I know is less about their current arrogance and more about how arrogant they get after being mildly good.

I remember in 01 all the ones I knew were just positive they had the flag cause they made the granny in 00.

Same in 19 after the eagles flogged them in a prelim. It’s so stupid for a club who had a longer drought than we did
I suspected their membership numbers to explode with all the ones that popped out of the woodwork. They still have a premiership contending team after winning one and have only a few more thousand than us. Guess we wont know until we win one but I think for size we could have them beat tbh.

Qantas>Virgin>jetstar

We usually fly Singapore or Etihad which are both excellent but more just because of the Star Alliance group thing. I had a bad experience with Qantas once so don't use them. I flew to Japan on Jetstar and as a taller person it was an experience but It was $400 return or something. Singapore was around $1000. I was happy to suffer the discomfort.

We used frequent flier points to go to Bali on Virgin and that was absolute s**t. Multiple cancelled flights, no staff at the check in and just generally awful. Got nearly an extra week in Bali because they kept cancelling flights a few hours before they took off (no compensation). I didn't give a s**t but it would have been bad for some.

Qantas>Virgin>jetstar
I'm going for a job interview at Vic. Government Aircraft Factory at Fishermans bend Port Melbourne, which is now Boeing.
My father worked there for 30 years as an aircraft fitter & turner, on the Nomad plane.
He saw the west gate bridge collapse, & passenger drove on it, 35 years later.
Funny how things turn out.

I'm going for a job interview at Vic. Government Aircraft Factory at Fishermans bend Port Melbourne, which is now Boeing.
My father worked there for 30 years as an aircraft fitter & turner, on the Nomad plane.
My brother also worked there for a time & rolled a car there after a Christmas party haha

I told a few of the boys a couple weeks back that I had heard the coaching group didn’t know what to make of Sharman.

As in, he is a tall that plays more like a small.

He doesn’t crash packs or provide a presence etc.

No whether it’s true or not - I’m not sure. It’s was something in passing.

I’ve never understood the hype .. we plucked him out of SANFL reserves and he had a couple good games late in the season but I remember thinking he didn’t do anything special with his goals he had a few cherry picks and just popped up in the right spot

I remember thinking to not get carried away because I couldn’t really see anything special

I’ve never understood the hype .. we plucked him out of SANFL reserves and he had a couple good games late in the season but I remember thinking he didn’t do anything special with his goals he had a few cherry picks and just popped up in the right spot

I remember thinking to not get carried away because I couldn’t really see anything special
Heresy

If we could take Bontempelli/Macrae/Smith/Liberatore/English, we can take Shiel/Setterfield/Parish/Merrett/Draper.

Even without Steele.

• Draper is a bit hit-and-miss; can be hugely influential, or make some very silly decisions.
  • Setterfield has been good this year, but isn’t exactly a star.
  • Parish gets a lot of the ball, but the effectiveness of his possessions is sometimes questionable.
  • Shiel is a myth.
  • Merrett is an out-and-out gun.

We may lack star quality in the middle with Steele out, but one thing you can say about Crouch and Ross in particular is that they’re steady. That counts for a lot, IMO.

Marshall is beatable in ruck contests, but excellent on the deck for a big bloke.

Windy, as we’ve seen, is still a work in progress, but can be very effective locking down.

Clark is an enigma.

I’ve been open that I think they should be favourites over us, but we’re very much a chance.
Bytel kept Parish to 6? possessions in the praccy game :p

I don't like to rubbish other opinions on here, so fair enough if you think so. We see it the way we see it.
I think this is just pretty good forward craft.
I also don't think many small forwards play like this. But I do agree that he lacks the physical presence of a tall forward, and doesn't make up for it by working as hard as a Membrey.
I just think his problem is not making statements when he's not in the team, a bit like Bytel. They need to stamp their authority on the next level down, and they don't really do that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't like to rubbish other opinions on here, so fair enough if you think so. We see it the way we see it.
I also don't think many small forwards play like this. But I do agree that he lacks the physical presence of a tall forward, and doesn't make up for it by working as hard as a Membrey.
I just think his problem is not making statements when he's not in the team, a bit like Bytel. They need to stamp their authority on the next level down, and they don't really do that.

Yeah, bit of a s**t trainer but hits the ground running in games. Ross like players to earn their spots so there might be a problem with him getting a chance.

Not only is it our 150th anniversary it is also the 10th anniversary of this classic video, some of oogac's finest work.

Oh my God, this is the first time I've seen that YouTube. Whoever did . It's fantastic.

We usually fly Singapore or Etihad which are both excellent but more just because of the Star Alliance group thing. I had a bad experience with Qantas once so don't use them. I flew to Japan on Jetstar and as a taller person it was an experience but It was $400 return or something. Singapore was around $1000. I was happy to suffer the discomfort.

We used frequent flier points to go to Bali on Virgin and that was absolute s**t. Multiple cancelled flights, no staff at the check in and just generally awful. Got nearly an extra week in Bali because they kept cancelling flights a few hours before they took off (no compensation). I didn't give a s**t but it would have been bad for some.

Virgin from Bali is the worst flight service i ever experienced.

Other budget brands, EZJet , Ryanair, Air Asia, absolutely fine.
Virgin think they can offer the same facilities Bali to Melbourne as they Do Adelaide to Melbourne.

You can see from that why they prefer Caminiti if I’m honest.

Most of that is on the lead or back of the pack and judges better.

Good luck for the interview Saintscomemarchingin

He's a Bailey Fritsch type - wiry inbetween type forward who uses his smarts to pop up in good spots. Fritsch only started kicking over a goal a game when he was 23. Coops was stuffed around a bit last year, really hope he gets a chance in that third tall type role because he's shown he has some special qualities.

You can see from that why they prefer Caminiti if I’m honest.

Most of that is on the lead or back of the pack and judges better.
Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'd play Caminiti ahead of him right now too. He does have the physical presence, and has the potential to have a presence throughout the game (Coops is there, and then he isn't). Also think he'd be a better option alongside King when he comes back, and being able to kick goals from outside 50 with Phillipou gives us flexibility. Membrey isn't much good from out there, and our small forwards are no chance.
He might well lose his spot when King and Membrey come back anyway, but just talking in terms of game style since you mentioned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back