Preview Round 3, 2023: St.Kilda v Essendon - MCG, Saturday 1st April, 7:25PM AEDT *150 YEARS OF THE SAINTS*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 74 72.5%
  • Bombers

Votes: 28 27.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea how you even understood what I wrote. I had to add one word that completely changed my statement. I need to read before I press. Also my spell check has lost the plot. It changes words spelt correctly to a completely different word. I think this post is ok you mad rooter.
Stringer looks fat to me.
If I was being objective I'd say that Stringer could do with another week or two in the VFL. Some of his possessions showed their play judging by the highlights video. I look forward to that with our pressure

Looking forward to the game... Big one this week. Got my son coming for his 1st game and daughter for her 2nd. Mum is a Bombers supporter. This game determines which way the toilet paper rolls until we next play.... So it's a big one... (Saints win and it rolls the right way... Over... Btw).

Huge game for the mids, and that whole defensive structure. Get/keep it in there enough and our teenagers will do the rest!

I know this doesn't help however I learned my lesson with Jetstar the hard way once before.

Now I happily pay a bit extra to travel with Qantas - never a worry or any issues.

Qantas>Virgin>jetstar
Couldn’t agree more but I’m a punter. Unfortunately I hardly win otherwise I’d be going qantas.

I told a few of the boys a couple weeks back that I had heard the coaching group didn’t know what to make of Sharman.

As in, he is a tall that plays more like a small.

He doesn’t crash packs or provide a presence etc.

No whether it’s true or not - I’m not sure. It’s was something in passing.
Not that I’m second guessing RTB or anything….

He’s shown that he can be a leading forward like we’ve seen from Ben King.
We just don’t know how to use those anymore because we’re not so great at delivering to one and usually just bomb it long.

In my uneducated opinion. 🤣

I think large reason why the dockers and bullies went sideways is because they were forced to. If Essendon want to roll the dice they risk turnover big time. The fact they like to move forward IMO makes them more at likely give us the ball back.
I’d rather them play like the freo and dogs because we know they have the ball back. We are guessing with Essendon. My point is Lyon coached brilliantly but the media said before the games the weakness of both sides was they stuffed around with the ball. That’s just how they play. Even last night the dogs kicked only 10 goals

I’ve never understood the hype .. we plucked him out of SANFL reserves and he had a couple good games late in the season but I remember thinking he didn’t do anything special with his goals he had a few cherry picks and just popped up in the right spot

I remember thinking to not get carried away because I couldn’t really see anything special
His goal kicking was extremely accurate in a team that was not.
He also lead to the ball.
But it’s obvious though that the coaches prefer a more contested type player, and luckily, in Caminiti, we appear to have found just that.
The kid is going to be that diamond we picked up out of the dirt.

Not that I’m second guessing RTB or anything….

He’s shown that he can be a leading forward like we’ve seen from Ben King.
We just don’t know how to use those anymore because we’re not so great at delivering to one and usually just bomb it long.

In my uneducated opinion. 🤣
I’ve read a few people say that. I can hardly remember him marking the ball on a lead. I’ve seen him take a grab from the side or find space like a typical hff but never really seem him lead straight up the ground or even to the pockets.

I’ve read a few people say that. I can hardly remember him marking the ball on a lead. I’ve seen him take a grab from the side or find space like a typical hff but never really seem him lead straight up the ground or even to the pockets.
I definitely remember him leading to the pockets. A few of his kicks were kicked long from a way out.
That’s what was so impressive - he nailed those shots.

I definitely remember him leading to the pockets. A few of his kicks were kicked long from a way out.
That’s what was so impressive - he nailed those shots.
He is an excellent kick that’s for sure but he plays a very uncontested game so he can go long periods without any involvement. I have no idea if he doesn’t work hard enough or doesn’t train hard enough but if either is true his career has about 21 weeks left. It’s solely on him to change Lyons mind.

He is an excellent kick that’s for sure but he plays a very uncontested game so he can go long periods without any involvement. I have no idea if he doesn’t work hard enough or doesn’t train hard enough but if either is true his career has about 21 weeks left. It’s solely on him to change Lyons mind.
💯 Uncontested is not going to get him a game with Ross.
I do see him as a poor man’s Bailey Fritch though.
Just may not work in our team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember the game after Barks died?

I have never felt it so important that we not drop a game before or since.

This one goes pretty close.

I do. Never felt emotion like that in the crowd… it was like a wake. Can’t believe we got over the Dogs that day.

Then we got back to the car & went into total disbelief.

It was the same day as Port Arthur

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

💯 Uncontested is not going to get him a game with Ross.
I do see him as a poor man’s Bailey Fritch though.
Just may not work in our team.
Very similar player. As you say poor man. It’s up to him. At the moment Lyon rates him the poorest of our tall forwards. That’s not me knowing. It’s just obvious. And the thing is he would be an ideal player for us when king and membrey get back.

Very similar player. As you say poor man. It’s up to him. At the moment Lyon rates him the poorest of our tall forwards. That’s not me knowing. It’s just obvious. And the thing is he would be an ideal player for us when king and membrey get back.

I don't think he is a tall forward he's like a lead up third tall. More in competition with Owens and Phillipou. Possibly even Snags. Caminiti is a power forward and in competition with Members and King. Hayes and Cordy play more fill in ruck/ forward

I do. Never felt emotion like that in the crowd… it was like a wake. Can’t believe we got over the Dogs that day.

Then we got back to the car & went into total disbelief.

It was the same day as Port Arthur

My respect for you “lifers” is enormous.

As a relatively “newbie” 20yr supporter, 14yr member, I am totally committed, but you guys who’ve been around on the roller coaster that is a Saints supporter for decades, going to the footy with your dads and families - got to take my hat off to you for your years of loyalty.

Enjoying hearing everyone’s stories.

Couldn’t agree more but I’m a punter. Unfortunately I hardly win otherwise I’d be going qantas.

Virgin for domestic for me.

Singapore or one of the Middle Eastern airlines for international.

Air NZ is excellent.

Flying home from Bali Jetstar in July… have done it a few times before & they’ve been fine. The Dreamliner is a beautiful plane.

Actually one of the best flights to Bali was with Tiger after Virgin transferred us to them.

Qantas lost me many moons ago

I don't think he is a tall forward he's like a lead up third tall. More in competition with Owens and Phillipou. Possibly even Snags. Caminiti is a power forward and in competition with Members and King. Hayes and Cordy play more fill in ruck/ forward
That’s why we are saying fritch. I think he is the old fashioned hff. Works in space. Can jump from the side but doesn’t work hard enough to be hff in todays footy. He certainly isn’t competing against the big key position forwards.

Air NZ is excellent.

Flying home from Bali Jetstar in July… have done it a few times before & they’ve been fine. The Dreamliner is a beautiful plane.

Actually one of the best flights to Bali was with Tiger after Virgin transferred us to them.

After a pretty bad experience with Qantas internationally a year ago, with flights changed and brought forward to a time I wasn’t even yet in the departure state, I have to say my most recent, Melbourne - Dallas return was pretty good.
Maybe they’re finally getting their act together. While I have FF points I don’t have a choice, although I think Emirates and Singapore are better.

The best thing you can do is buy noise cancelling headphones and every flight is better. I bought my first Bose QCs about 10 years ago and it changed flying.

Air NZ is excellent.

Jetstar are crap but what about $400 return compared to $890. Hard to knock back.

That’s why we are saying fritch. I think he is the old fashioned hff. Works in space. Can jump from the side but doesn’t work hard enough to be hff in todays footy. He certainly isn’t competing against the big key position forwards.

I don't think he's a HFF more like Fritsch who is more like a rangy marking forward. Fritsch isn't an old school HFF.

The best thing you can do is buy noise cancelling headphones and every flight is better. I bought my first Bose QCs about 10 years ago and it changed flying.
The best thing is to get to the airport 3 hours before the plane left and book in everything then go straight to the bar then get on the plAns and don’t stop drinking until last drinks on the plane.

The best thing is to get to the airport 3 hours before the plane left and book in everything then go straight to the bar then get on the plAns and don’t stop drinking until last drinks on the plane.
Hmm….were you the snoring drunk I had a few rows behind me..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back