Game Day Round 3, 2023: St.Kilda v Essendon *150 YEARS OF THE SAINTS*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I thought that I could relax watching us play this year, new coach, no expectations. But now we've won the first 2 and I want to win every game now. Especially this one! So I'm of course nervous going into the game because I would hate to lose another marquee game to Essendon 🤮

150 years of St Kilda Football Club, 30 of which I’ve witnessed.
Despite never reaching the top, I wouldn’t swap this club for any, not ever.
We’re a certain type of folk us Saints fans. Resilient, hopeful & passionate.
The highs & the lows, the near misses, and the slow resurgence.
The last 30 years have arguably been the most successful in the clubs history.
We witnessed legends, some of the best of all time, in Riewoldt, Plugger, Harvey & Milne.
We’ve sat by as most of our friends have celebrated premiership years, and watched other droughts end, and flown the flag when those same mates have rubbed salt into our wounds.
150 years of the beautifully imperfect football club that we call our own.
One solitary flag in 66, our time will come again.
Carn the mighty Saints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints by tenty goals

Goal kickers:

Mitch Owens
Mattaes Phillipou
Jack Sinclair
Rowan Marshall
Jade Gresham
Dan Butler
Jack Higgins
Anthony Caminiti
Hunter Clark
Marcus Windhager
Callum Wilkie
Brad Crouch
Seb Ross
Jimmy Webster
Zaine Cordy
Ryan Byrnes
Mason Wood
Dougal Howard
Liam Stocker
Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera
Josh Battle
Ben Paton

Behind kickers:

Saints, cause we’ll kick Essendon’s asses

Oracle prediction:

Saints by ten goals

Bombers fans:

Some scamper into the depths of the dark web after their big footy thread disintegrates like the dissolve transition effect on Microsoft PowerPoint. The rest will go into their shells, hollow like the integrity of their club. Those who were kind shall be spared, but their lives never the same.

Saints fans:

The Round 3 Saints V Bomber preview thread will be immortalised as a reminder to any who challenge us. Saints fans have nothing to lose and we have heard it all, we become unstoppable. The fans amp up the players who in turn amp up the fans, suddenly the cyclical nature spirals upwards and we become a powerhouse, in not just this realm but in many. All is well.

Huge night. Really jealous of you guys going and if you haven’t made up your mind but can go then go. Tonight is a special night for the club. If money is an issue I have a ticket. Bring your own food. It’s the cost of a train ticket and it’s free if you are over 60. It should be a good game. Scott will have Essendon playing attacking footy and Lyon will have trying to keep them to under 10 goals. If we do that we probably win but it will mean butler and Higgins kick goals as well as continuing to run hard. The way I see it is their midfield is slightly ahead due to Steele missing. Their tall forwards are slightly ahead. Our small forwards are ahead. Our overall defence is ahead. Based on that no wonder the betting is nearly level. Saints by 1 point but they will miss wilkie and Howard down back both missing with gastro.

Huge night. Really jealous of you guys going and if you haven’t made up your mind but can go then go. Tonight is a special night for the club. If money is an issue I have a ticket. Bring your own food. It’s the cost of a train ticket and it’s free if you are over 60. It should be a good game. Scott will have Essendon playing attacking footy and Lyon will have trying to keep them to under 10 goals. If we do that we probably win but it will mean butler and Higgins kick goals as well as continuing to run hard. The way I see it is their midfield is slightly ahead due to Steele missing. Their tall forwards are slightly ahead. Our small forwards are ahead. Our overall defence is ahead. Based on that no wonder the betting is nearly level. Saints by 1 point but they will miss wilkie and Howard down back both missing with gastro.
Butler and Higgins should be getting 2 goals each with this space. Both know the ground better than anyone on our list. 4 goals at least from these two!

Huge night, hope everyone can get along!

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sorry for the intrusion, just wanted to wish the team the best tonight celebrating you're 150th anniversary.

Would also be nice to see the Bombers brought back down to earth.

Almost forgot what date it was and was about to microwave my head.

What a great opportunity this presents for Hunter Clarke.

No longer a young player, it’s time he fulfills his potential. We know all about the horrible injuries he has suffered over years, but we have also seen him play some incredible games. His hands can be brilliant.

I expect he will get more looks through the midfield in Steele’s absence (as may Gresham, with Sinclair a break glass in case of emergency type if we find ourselves behind and needing a line breaker).

Whether he gets more midfield minutes or not, he’s had a pre-season, he’s had a solid first couple of games, he’s 24 years old now and should be entering the best years of his football life.

Time to stand up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back