Autopsy Round 3, 2023: St.Kilda v Essendon *150 YEARS OF THE SAINTS*

Remove this Banner Ad

This kind of stuff really should be looked by all the sports science/tactics boffins around the league (and our own supposed gun in this regard- rath).

When you a faced with a 50/50 or worse target kicking inside 50- what's more effective:
A. Trying to hit your target or
B. Forget trying to hit the target- and instead just chaos ball it in their general direction (either with a scrub kick or a torp etc like higgins did).

I reckon the conventional wisdom that you always should try and hit your target is a lower success rate.

Richmond were the masters of it, better to keep the ball in motion and push it up the ground than try to cut through slowly with good disposal. The scary thing about Collingwood this year is that they have speed and cleanliness. They move the ball with Richmond speed but don't turn it over as much.

From an ex player told me is clearly true, such a shame, he has lost me as a fan

I met him a few times and never warmed to him that much. He's a very intense character and quite driven. People make mistakes in their life, hopefully he can patch it up because stable family units are better for kids. You can't fix mistakes but you can do your best to make up for them and he seems to have done that so far.

I met him a few times and never warmed to him that much. He's a very intense character and quite driven. People make mistakes in their life, hopefully he can patch it up because stable family units are better for kids. You can't fix mistakes but you can do your best to make up for them and he seems to have done that so far.
Seems to have done it so far, he had no choice in the matter, We would have no clue how things are between them,

Richmond were the masters of it, better to keep the ball in motion and push it up the ground than try to cut through slowly with good disposal. The scary thing about Collingwood this year is that they have speed and cleanliness. They move the ball with Richmond speed but don't turn it over as much.
I'm sure Clarke on the weekend deliberately chaos kicked a ball into the fwd line - can't remember if it worked but we were outnumbered and short so looked a really smart kick.

I'm sure Clarke on the weekend deliberately chaos kicked a ball into the fwd line - can't remember if it worked but we were outnumbered and short so looked a really smart kick.

Resulted in goal I think.

Are we talking Rooey? I was wondering why possibly our greatest captain wasn't there :think:

I dropped some money on the 150 merch, and I walk around the neighbourhood a fair bit.
1+1=2, I’m wearing the 150 merch on my head now when walking.

Outcome?
Randoms walking past me saying: “Go Saints!”

I know I live right in the middle of the Club’s geographical heart, but even so….

Very odd, very pleasing.

I dropped some money on the 150 merch, and I walk around the neighbourhood a fair bit.
1+1=2, I’m wearing the 150 merch on my head now when walking.

Outcome?
Randoms walking past me saying: “Go Saints!”

I know I live right in the middle of the Club’s geographical heart, but even so….

Very odd, very pleasing.

Is that you wearing the 150th merch in your avatar?... I didn't notice the 150th sombrero at the merch store on Saturday.

Last edited:
Takes two to tango
The other side knew about family and still did it
Just as guilty

Sorry don't buy that. The other party has no obligation to retain the faithfulness of the first party.
Its all on the married one.

You think any of those girls on the street in Bangkok cared that i was married? ( Lost opportunity it seems now that i'm single ).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am really uninterested in other people’s marriage issues.
Perhaps some of you might like to adopt a similar attitude, because none of it is your business.
It is understandably a talking point when a ex-captain and legend of the club does not appear at the 150th celebrations of the club.

Nobody is discussing the details but it goes with the territory when you are a public figure, for better or worse. ( pun unintended)

No it doesn’t.
It obviously does, because it’s out there.
If it were you or me nobody would have a clue.
Not saying it’s right, just that that is how it is if you are a public figure.

I am really uninterested in other people’s marriage issues.
Perhaps some of you might like to adopt a similar attitude, because none of it is your business.
Me either, how judgemental are some people? Nobodies business but him and his family.
Bloody hell happens in life. Not to me, was lucky to have one woman interested in me, let alone being dumb enough to cheat on her.
Saturday night April 1st was 35 years since I moved in with her. Saints were only 115 years old and the premiership was only 22 years before.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Me either, how judgemental are some people? Nobodies business but him and his family.
Bloody hell happens in life. Not to me, was lucky to have one woman interested in me, let alone being dumb enough to cheat on her.
Saturday night April 1st was 35 years since I moved in with her. Saints were only 115 years old and the premiership was only 22 years before.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would love to be a dirty root-rat but my wife scares the s**t out of me. Some women say they'd castrate their husbands and get a laugh...mine you'd not have any doubt that she'd do it.

It obviously does, because it’s out there.
If it were you or me nobody would have a clue.
Not saying it’s right, just that that is how it is if you are a public figure.
We will not agree on this, I see it as nothing other than prurient voyeurism.

I think the two of us should move on and enjoy the Saints banter?

We will not agree on this, I see it as nothing other than prurient voyeurism.

I think the two of us should move on and enjoy the Saints banter?
We’re not exactly disagreeing.
It wasn’t about the voyeurism, which I’m not particularly a fan of, it was about the fact that if you are a public figure it will get out in the public domain.
Nobody has to like it, but it’s fact.
Look at the whole Gary Lyon saga a few years back.

Anyway, happy to move on.

We’re not exactly disagreeing.
It wasn’t about the voyeurism, which I’m not particularly a fan of, it was about the fact that if you are a public figure it will get out in the public domain.
Nobody has to like it, but it’s fact.
Look at the whole Gary Lyon saga a few years back.

Anyway, happy to move on.
What marks do I get for correctly using “prurient“ and “voyeurism”?

Art Instagram GIF by 60 Second Docs
That's crazy, who'd have thought after his parents chose his name he'd end up with a Mohawk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back