Preview Round 3, 2023: St.Kilda v Essendon - MCG, Saturday 1st April, 7:25PM AEDT *150 YEARS OF THE SAINTS*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 74 72.5%
  • Bombers

Votes: 28 27.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jake has revealed his new ink which pays homage to the one person who has guided his career and whose advice he trusts and follows

f2ShAQK.jpg

From memory he was okay against us last time, kicked a couple but had a big physical impact. Redman was best on and Wright kicked a bag.

Stringer coming back from injury (and let be honest, he looks horrendously out of shape) and no Wright helps alot. Play a defensive forward on Redman and win or split the middle and it should be simple with the new found frontal pressure.
I have no idea how you even understood what I wrote. I had to add one word that completely changed my statement. I need to read before I press. Also my spell check has lost the plot. It changes words spelt correctly to a completely different word. I think this post is ok you mad rooter.

To be fair the last time i went there was 4ish years ago, they were definitely still doing it then.
Still are. Started a buck’s day there recently.

Only went downhill from there… Truly shit affair.

Interesting what Lyon does this game. We have played two sides that refuse to go forward so easy for team defence. Essendon have beaten us lately because they do go forward. That hasn’t changed under a new coach. We certainly won’t have the time we have had in the last 2 games to set up.

Jake has revealed his new ink which pays homage to the one person who has guided his career and whose advice he trusts and follows

f2ShAQK.jpg
Him and his doctor if the rumours are to be believed.
I have no idea how you even understood what I wrote. I had to add one word that completely changed my statement. I need to read before I press. Also my spell check has lost the plot. It changes words spelt correctly to a completely different word. I think this post is ok you mad rooter.
Hahahahaha, i gotcha Old Sport.

Only went downhill from there… Truly s**t affair.
Yeh, I was already blind by the time we arrived there and even i felt seedy. Had to go rack a floor bag off the top of a dirty urinal just to level out.

Whole forum has gone down hill - dominated by a few who think its their own personal "front bar".

No wonder there's fewer and fewer people actually posting anbout footy on here.
Naz to sign before Round 1 according to you.
Maybe look in a mirror.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Only went downhill from there… Truly s**t affair.
Haven't been there since a lunch interval during a Boxing Day test when Mike Hussey tonned up... so a long time ago.

Blokes doing booby laybacks of very very dubious 'champagne' at 1pm kinda sums up the environment. Decided the extra 3 min walk to the London was worth the effort.

Haven't been there since a lunch interval during a Boxing Day test when Mike Hussey tonned up... so a long time ago.

Blokes doing booby laybacks of very very dubious 'champagne' at 1pm kinda sums up the environment. Decided the extra 3 min walk to the London was worth the effort.
Well la di da fancy pants.

Despite our roaring start to the year, I have a bad feeling about this game. My two main concerns are -

• one of the hallmarks of youth is inconsistency. Our kids have started incredibly well, but they’ll have their down moments too. Will that be this week?
  • we’re coming up against another side that is actually well coached, something we haven’t faced so far this year

We also have a history of ‘occasion’ games getting the better of us over the last few years, and this will be the biggest game the club has seen in many years.

So while I’m still optimistic, I’m tempering my expectations.

That said, I’ll be incredibly happy to be proven wrong, with Mitchito kicking a handful and getting the Rising Star nomination that he should have gotten last week.

Agree.
But generally its the ones who give the club a kick on the way out, like Bruce did, that understandably cop it.
Not 100% sure but I think Hind may have had a bit to say too, which is unfortunate because we gave him his chance.
No problem with Longy going for more opportunity and a better offer.

Generally though, if players choose to leave for a better payday then that's their right.
Its the reason why, although sad to see him go at the time, I would never blame BJ for doing so and am happy he's back.
Hind never clipped the club on the way out. Wanted to stay, we offered him two years on modest money (his worth) Essendon offered him 3years on better money.
We wouldn’t match so he left, was borderline all aus squad as a half back, got a crazy extension and it worked out well for him.
They’re the facts. Nothing that warrants any hate.

Hind never clipped the club on the way out. Wanted to stay, we offered him two years on modest money (his worth) Essendon offered him 3years on better money.
We wouldn’t match so he left, was borderline all aus squad as a half back, got a crazy extension and it worked out well for him.
Spot on. Similar situation to Long. Happy for them both to kick on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anywhere so crowd projections these days? MCG website used to but seems they no longer do, would love to see what they are estimating tomorrow night

As I said, “not 100% sure” but still seem to have a vague memory of some things said when he left. Not as bad as Bruce was for sure.

But, as you say, can’t understand the hate when players leave. Or hate ever, actually. It’s just a game afterall.

As I said, “not 100% sure” but still seem to have a vague memory of some things said when he left. Not as bad as Bruce was for sure.

But, as you say, can’t understand the hate when players leave. Or hate ever, actually. It’s just a game afterall.
I hate hate. Never understood it. Hate is a shocking word well for me anyway and hate using that word.

From memory he was okay against us last time, kicked a couple but had a big physical impact. Redman was best on and Wright kicked a bag.

Stringer coming back from injury (and let be honest, he looks horrendously out of shape) and no Wright helps alot. Play a defensive forward on Redman and win or split the middle and it should be simple with the new found frontal pressure.
If I was being objective I'd say that Stringer could do with another week or two in the VFL. Some of his possessions showed their play judging by the highlights video. I look forward to that with our pressure

He did. Jumped on Insta with Marsh and sooked it up multiple times.

Anywhere so crowd projections these days? MCG website used to but seems they no longer do, would love to see what they are estimating tomorrow night
A few here mate ....

He did. Jumped on Insta with Marsh and sooked it up multiple times.
I was brought up on the “don’t burn your bridges” philosophy.
Would have left a far greater impression had he thanked the Saints for the opportunity in the first place - especially considering he was a rookie pick.. Not like he wasn’t offered a contract by the club afterall.

Or say nothing, like Longy did. No swipes on the way out. Shows a bit of class.

My two cents.

Laverde is a competitor, though i feel he is down on confidence.
He struggles on taller opponents with reach, thus has had some bags kicked on him in the past 12 months.

McGrath is beginning to use his running to provide drive out of the backline (keeping Hind out of the side).
I'm not sure if Hill would be used to quell McGrath as a defensive forward ?
Serious question. Is McGrath related to the Easter island statues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back