Preview Round 5, 2022: Hawks v Cats, Easter Monday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping we are competitive but expecting a significant loss.

Cats are way more experienced than us.

Our time against them will come.
I think we can trouble them for periods of the match but yes being realistic we will need to shoot the lights out and hope they are off .

This time in 12 months Im pretty confident we can do more than trouble them.
Can we do an Easter Monday 2023 preview thread ? 🙂

I think we can trouble them for periods of the match but yes being realistic we will need to shoot the lights out and hope they are off .

This time in 12 months Im pretty confident we can do more than trouble them.
Can we do an Easter Monday 2023 preview thread ? 🙂

Will they have fallen off the cliff by then ? ******* hope so.

These games with the Cats are almost always close. Even in the last few years where we've dropped off and they've still been playing finals there have been plenty of close results.

We're usually not on the lucky side but if the margin is close late anything can happen.

These games with the Cats are almost always close. Even in the last few years where we've dropped off and they've still been playing finals there have been plenty of close results.

We're usually not on the lucky side but if the margin is close late anything can happen.

We've grabbed one here and there too, the day Mitch Lewis showed us what we could look forward to in future comes to mind : )

And may he play like that again on Monday!

Last edited:
We've grabbed one here and there too, the day Mitch Lewis showed us what we could look forward to in future comes to mind : )

And may he play like that again on Monday!
Would love for him to find his accuracy this week and kick 8.0 (or better!)

The certainty is Geelong will kick straight for the only time in a season. Most games they're sitting at 10.1 vs us compared to their normal 5.6
and Dangerfield will probably have 85% efficiency compared to his usual output of about 65%. :mad:

The certainty is Geelong will kick straight for the only time in a season. Most games they're sitting at 10.1 vs us compared to their normal 5.6

As long as we do too I think all would be OK with that.

All we need to do is convert our chances like we did against Carlton, and we'll be in it up to our necks.

Kicking killed us against the saints, on the turnover, and on the scoreboard in the points for column.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's gonna piss with rain. Wonder if that evens it up a bit.
Could be opposite. Makes it very hard to get our rebound game going which has been our primary way to score. Also reduces any running advantage we may have.

Having to kick long down line is a bad result for us. Add to that our midfield has been poor and geelong could smash us around the ball.

It's gonna piss with rain. Wonder if that evens it up a bit.

I don't believe Geelong play a genuinely skill-based game. Their midfield relies on brute strength and weight of numbers. Whereas is we take risks through the middle via pinpoint kicks and handballs we could get ourselves in strife.

Unfortunately, I think their strengths counter ours, and we could be up against it on Monday. As much as I hate to say it, I can't see how we snatch it (unless their midfield and forwards refuse to defend).

No Lynch and the axe has swung on Worpel

B: Denver Grainger-Barras, Sam Frost, Blake Hardwick
HB: Jack Scrimshaw, James Sicily, Jarman Impey
C: Changkuoth Jiath, Jaeger O'Meara, Harry Morrison
HF: Connor Macdonald, Jack Gunston, Josh Ward
F: Mitch Lewis, Luke Breust, Liam Shiels
R: Ned Reeves, Conor Nash, Jai Newcombe
INT: Tom Phillips, Jacob Koschitzke, Tom Mitchell, Dylan Moore

Emer: Max Lynch, Daniel Howe, Finn Maginness, James Worpel

In: Shiels, Phillips, Koschitzke

Out: Worpel (omitted), Howe (omitted), Maginness (omitted)

These coming three weeks will tell us a LOT about our future. It's exciting and terrifying all at once as we face off against 3 finished articles, not clubs in development or coming of age, but 3 genuine top 4 contenders.
If we, as a team stand up to the heat for all 12 quarters and don't capitulate and get totally smashed the results can go either way and I'd be satisfied.
Would love to pinch a win or two but last weeks reality check shows we're still a year or two off I think.

However, it's a great dress rehearsal for a future finals campaign. and I hope that's how the lads will come out and play...Elimination (by that I mean MUST WIN!) Hahaha, Prelim and Grand final against the reigning premiers.

Yeah...so that's my little fantasy world for the next 3 weeks. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back