Preview Round 5, 2022: Hawks v Cats, Easter Monday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy with these changes.

I am a Kosi fan. The forward structure has worked so far this year but I think the guy deserves to play seniors.

Phillips deserves a go. He’s a better player than Howe and Finn. Neither are AFL standard right now, though the latter has time to improve

Worpel deserved to be dropped. Just been terrible all year. It’s a real worry. Shiels feels like a step backwards but we don’t have a lot of options

Interesting to see what role Koschitzke will play. Lewis to chop out in the ruck?

No McEvoy (and no Hartigan) makes our backline one-dimensional and undersized. We went in too short against the Saints, and our compensating run was seemingly absent after a hard slog against the Blues.

Worpel a chance at sub, seeing there is no BH game?
Reckon Clarko would've backed him in, but I like the message this sends to blokes like Philips. Dominate VFL, and you will come in for blokes who underperform like Worps, BnF player or not.

Perform, or you're on thin ice.
I know Phillips and Shiels aren’t exactly good ball users and we aren’t spoiled for choice, but removing Worpel, Finn and Howe from the team is pretty important. They damage the side when they get the ball. Hopefully Shiels is given a purely defensive role

Interesting to see what role Koschitzke will play. Lewis to chop out in the ruck?

No McEvoy (and no Hartigan) makes our backline one-dimensional and undersized. We went in too short against the Saints, and our compensating run was seemingly absent after a hard slog against the Blues.
Kosi probably better one to throw in the ruck. Just needs to split the contest and then be better at ground level with his athleticism. Wouldn't want to change Lewis' role one bit. He's getting the scoring shots, just needs to kick more accurately.

Really don't want to see Kosi getting in the way of Lewis though. Gunston has been good at creating space for Lewis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good changes. Finn the only unlucky one. Perform or…

Go Away GIF

Kosi probably better one to throw in the ruck. Just needs to split the contest and then be better at ground level with his athleticism.

Really don't want to see Kosi getting in the way of Lewis though. Gunston has been good at creating space for Lewis.
Kosi in the ruck for mine, as the chop out.

Has Koschitzke performed this role before?

Lewis does seem to have found his rhythm. Don't want Koschitzke dragging his man into Lewis' space.

Lewis does seem to have found his rhythm. Don't want Koschitzke dragging his man into Lewis' space.
Kosi has been doing some ruck at box hill this year. Not sure how effective he has been though. We were obviously desperate given we had no other recognised rucks.

Probably as much as Nash had. If not more.

Good decision by Sam to drop Worpel. It sends a strong message to the team as a whole. You are not playing well your place in the side is in jeopardy. It was a weakness of Clarko toward the end.
Exactly. We now have the depth (for the most part) where if you're performing bad we're not going to give you 5 games in a row to improve your performances. Also I feel we have to trade one of O'Meara, Worpel and Mitchell (in order of my preference of who to trade from most to least). They simply can't play together as a trio while performing at their best, as highlighted by the fact that as soon as Mitchell came back, Worpel's form just died. Also when O'Meara was injured last year, Worpel's form increased again. I thought that in the final 4 rounds of last season it looked like they may have finally learned how to play together while all performing at their best but clearly that hasn't come true.

Hill killed us last week
Isaac will get us this week
Can’t wait to see O’Brien kick 10 when we play the dogs
O'Brien is playing down back for the Dogs. Also last week was an off day. That will be our worst game of the season. We're fine. Days like last week will happen with a young team but I have full confidence in the boys that they will respond this week.

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see how Kosi goes. Hasn’t looked flash from what I’ve seen at Box Hill.

Worps needed to be dropped. But I’d have much rather seen Long and Finn over Shiels and Phillips. Finn is a poor kick, but Phillips and Shiels are not much better.

No Lynch and the axe has swung on Worpel

B: Denver Grainger-Barras, Sam Frost, Blake Hardwick
HB: Jack Scrimshaw, James Sicily, Jarman Impey
C: Changkuoth Jiath, Jaeger O'Meara, Harry Morrison
HF: Connor Macdonald, Jack Gunston, Josh Ward
F: Mitch Lewis, Luke Breust, Liam Shiels
R: Ned Reeves, Conor Nash, Jai Newcombe
INT: Tom Phillips, Jacob Koschitzke, Tom Mitchell, Dylan Moore

Emer: Max Lynch, Daniel Howe, Finn Maginness, James Worpel

In: Shiels, Phillips, Koschitzke

Out: Worpel (omitted), Howe (omitted), Maginness (omitted)

Shiels in baffling. May be he was all on fire in the seconds. I would have preferred to see a young kid like Long rather than him. He surely has to deliver now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back