Autopsy Round 5 Carlton v Adelaide Post Match Analysis

Remove this Banner Ad

So what do we make of Rowe and Hampson? They barely touched it and had little to no influence on the game. Waite should be back in a couple of weeks and with him in the side Casboult seems like a better option than Rowe imo. When do we start looking toward replacing Waite with Mitchell?

Thought Lucas was pretty good, though faded in the second half. Needs to attack the man like Simmo, lack of size is no excuse for not tackling.

Warnock was really good, would love him to take a few contested marks.

Murphy, Judd, Carrazzo, Yarran, Mclean, Walker and Garlett well done.

Little close for comfort.

The dickheads on tv were right about few things. our talls were fairly awful.

Reckon Levi will get a big look in. Hampson and Rowe both in trouble with Rowe more likely to go. Couldn't run out the fame and had little to no impact.

Again, commentary was disgusting with eddie weirdly being the most pro carlton.

Highlight was when the were talking about our run and derm randomly starts talking abouy ruttens three touches in the last quarter. ******* flog. Too much blow for that man.

Warnock was brilliant, as was Touhy until the midfield stopped applying pressure in the last quarter. Best game I've seen from Simpson for ages and Lucas provided great run. Good win but would have loved to bury those smug Adelaide pricks into the MCG turf.

Hammer will be struggling to hold his spot. I know we bombed the football in a lot but the amount of times he run under the drop of the ball was hard to take.

Our delivery into the forward 50 didnt suit our talls. Add in that everytime we had a slow build up through the wings, it allowed the cows to get back and flood in front of our tall forwards.

For some reason, the boys came out in the last and played like they had already won it. Mick needs to ******* stamp on that immediately. We only win when we hear the final siren.

Rowe may be running out of puff but he was also up against it with Rutten and Talia around and our crazy I50 entries.

I'll just trust the coaching staff to work that one out. Someone like Rowe could get a bag vs Melbourne though if he's not cooked.

Hampson was just... amazingly bad. I hate saying that and bagging our players but he really was, can't sugar coat it however I look at it.

Conversely Knockers was the best of Robbie Warnock that we've come to know in years gone by. Absolutely dominant ruckman when he's right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A good result given we had no forwards to kick to - makes it hard to have a structure to play to really sorry to say that Hampson is playing himself out of starting 22 the way he is travelling can't seem to catch anything - no matter how simple. A good win and we are 2-3 after five. Team has improved to be able to win playing badly.

Oh, and I'm going to step out on a limb and say that I think Knockers is our number one ruckman... we look considerably better around the clearances with him in... and consequently I think we might need to rethink how we use Kruezer...

Oh, and I'm going to step out on a limb and say that I think Knockers is our number one ruckman... we look considerably better around the clearances with him in... and consequently I think we might need to rethink how we use Kruezer...

I think a Warnock and Kreuzer combo could be devastating. Hampson must be VERY nervous right now.

Gosh never been so frustrated after a win. Good last 5 minutes though to seal the deal.

We need to get better at closing out games. We dominated Adelaide in the middle and our defenders mostly got on top of their forwards, we just lost our s**t when it came time to pick a inside 50 target.

Rowe and Hampson worst on ground, couldn't get a sniff. We won't get near top 4 without a big man who can mark and kick a couple. 'Creating a contest' can only get you so far. Granted our delivery was poor for much of the game but they had plenty of first hands to the ball and Hampson went one handed a couple times.

Loved Judd, Warnock, McLean, Jamison, Murphy's games and am so so so happy Tuohy is finally finding form, one of my favourites and was worried with his slow start but his great kicking and speed look to be back.:thumbsu:

All in all happy with the win, disgusted with our second half.

Anyone find it rather amusing that stubby little Brock took the most marks (7) of any Blue on the ground? :p

Gee I have some man love for that man, he continues to defy the haters and doubters and gives absolutely everything combined with some neat skills.

Mitchell and Waite aren't going to have to do too much to get a game. Not surprised with Hampson I've seen enough but wasn't please Rowe couldn't clunk a couple today, he was looking promising.
But a win is a win and we are off and running.

Gosh never been so frustrated after a loss. Good last 5 minutes though to seal the deal.

We need to get better at closing out games. We dominated Adelaide in the middle and our defenders mostly got on top of their forwards, we just lost our s**t when it came time to pick a inside 50 target.

Rowe and Hampson worst on ground, couldn't get a sniff. We won't get near top 4 without a big man who can mark and kick a couple. 'Creating a contest' can only get you so far. Granted our delivery was poor for much of the game but they had plenty of first hands to the ball and Hampson went one handed a couple times.

Loved Judd, Warnock, McLean, Jamison, Murphy's games and am so so so happy Tuohy is finally finding form, one of my favourites and was worried with his slow start but his great kicking and speed look to be back.:thumbsu:

All in all happy with the win, disgusted with our second half.
I think you my be hallucinating. :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back