Autopsy Round 6, 2024 : Hawks skittle Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

It's satisfying seeing Duurma having a stinker after our pick was pushed back and by all reports he was our target.

Did Clarko have any interaction with Sam and/or players?
Duursma is the one I really wanted but now that he is at North, could end up becoming the next Cale Morton, terrible club for him to get drafted to

Shame the Wiz couldn't play.

Would have kicked 3-4 goals I reckon.
The amount of times we were able to quickly get it over the top into space, he probably could have had 6.

Umpires should be professionals. Sure, it will never eradicate errors because humans make them no matter what. But they should be training all week like the players - reviewing film with the top brass/umpiring bosses to show errors, reviewing the rules as a group and ensuring there is consistent thought on how things will be adjudicated etc. It's not a silver bullet as other leagues with professional referees still get it wrong - but they should absolutely be doing this as a full time job to attempt to have better consistency at the least.
I think they need to revisit/rewrite the rules and take out as much "interpretation" as possible.

I think Sam has done a great job with Finn in the forward line because of his capacity to run all day. His ability to run hard both ways is going to be a key for the team going forward. This is the thing that gives leading teams like Geelong an edge. I think he has a very good future ahead of him. He has an essential attribute for the modern game.
It is dawning, Sam loves Maginness and I did not think of his defensive running. Makes very good sense particularly when Dimma is not there.

Meek is currently #4 in the league for hit outs to advantage. Behind Gawn, ROB, and Soldo.
6th for total hit outs behind ROB, Gawn, Xerri, Witts and Darcy.
Thought Xerri got the better of him with the taps, but Meek was obviously the most dangerous he’s ever been with 2 goals.
He’s competing hard which is what we need.

Thought Xerri got the better of him with the taps, but Meek was obviously the most dangerous he’s ever been with 2 goals.

Judging by social media comments he is becoming a bit of a cult hero too - we've been lacking one for a while.

Fridge with legs. I hope it spurs on Reeves to improve. They both have potential but firmly in the Meek camp now. Starting to put it all together and is believing in himself.

Fridge with legs. I hope it spurs on Reeves to improve. They both have potential but firmly in the Meek camp now. Starting to put it all together and is believing in himself.
Massive task for Reeves to change his way of playing at this point. He’s never been a combative ruck, which is what the new rule has required of players.

I dont see it with Mitchell personally. But pleasantly suprised with Finns season. He's a clever lad and he is learning to play to his strengths more and more.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk
You don't see it with Mitchell? You're not watching him closely then. His defensive positioning and actions throughout the game were excellent. His opponents found it tough to get involved. Him coming in has allowed us the luxury of having Dimma forward

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Duursma is the one I really wanted but now that he is at North, could end up becoming the next Cale Morton, terrible club for him to get drafted to
It's only the very beginning but if given the choice again between keeping picks 2 and 3 or trading them for Reid, I reckon North would go the other way.

Is that actually good? The eye test says it is but what are the top kpd doing?

Puts him in the same bracket as Andrews, McCartin and Jones. Esava also has a high win rate but doesn't get as many 1v1s.

Weitering and Taylor are the truly elite of the elite. Taylor hasn't lost a single 1v1 this season (100% win rate) and Weitering has a 93% win rate. Ballard and May at about 85-90%.

Melican has also been really good. Would be a good pick up now that he's fit. Is he out of contract this year?

I think Sam has done a great job with Finn in the forward line because of his capacity to run all day. His ability to run hard both ways is going to be a key for the team going forward. This is the thing that gives leading teams like Geelong an edge. I think he has a very good future ahead of him. He has an essential attribute for the modern game.

Shades of Ling the way he's out sizing and outworking opponents by pushing forward.

Looking more like the junior version of himself now. Just needs to get into that midfield rotation to get the clearances going. If he can make it to where he was at U18 level on offensive output, he's not going to be out of the team again.

I don’t know if this is the right spot after enjoying a win but Fk me that joint is a dump.

Last minute decision to come in after kids sport. Couldn’t find a car park so ended up using Marvel at $37. Yep $37. They should be paying me to park at that joint for a North game .

Get up onto the concourse and the line up for tickets is massive and moving at snails pace. Jump online to buy a ticket and all they were offering me was $75 a head tickets for me and my boys. Had to keep logging out and refreshing and all of the sudden the GA tickets become available which we purchase and finally get in.

Families walking around in circles trying to get up to level 3 GA because they shut half the ground and people being given the wrong info by ground staff and which ramps to use etc.

It really is unorganised chaos that place.

Amen.

The station location is the only small positive, which is completely negated by the sometimes unpleasant crush in those ridiculously narrow exit pathways between apartment blocks and over the bridge.

The staff are utterly clueless at Marvel, from being funnelled into the bag-checking queue and waiting 10 mins only to be waved through with no check, to then sit at the turnstiles whilst some numpty can't find their access ticket on their phone.

My partner has had a stroke so she has to use the lift, and if I'm told one more time "This is for Level 2 & Corporate only" by some bad attitudinal twenty-something who thinks being lift monitor is actually a career pathway to better things, I'll honestly chin the twat.

Don't get me started on pricing. $7 for 2 cold partially filled donuts - smaller than the ones outside the G which are 6 for $10

They were probably warm once, but by the time the serving woman bothered to put her phone down and get them, that heat was long gone.

I despise Marvel and the really consistently lazy and sour attitudes of a significant % of the matchday staff.

I get it - not a brilliant job, but Sunday rates should make up for it.

Levels 1 and 2 have some atmosphere but you have to sell a limb to buy a ticket. Level 3 is just plain horrible for atmosphere.

Wasn't too bad on 3, but that's because it was easily 85% Hawthorn fans around us.

Was starting to feel bad for North, no team should be this bad

But you see the carry on from their supporters giving it to us post the win

You get what you deserve you pathetic cretins

They deserve every bad thing that happens to them. Created the s**t they are in through tanking.

Hope Kingy and DB enjoyed the day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back