Toast Round 8 = Carlton 79-85 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Not even sure that was the worst decision of the night either lol

Darcy Cameron being blocked by a MIDFIELDER during a ruck contest in front of the umps face and not getting the free probably wins it
I missed that one at the ground, ones that come to mind the bear hug on Hill at centre half forward, the run down tackle on Cripps in the centre and Owensā€™ dive when he lifted the tackling Maynard

Last edited:

The Good

• The win šŸ˜
  • The win against Carlton šŸ˜šŸ˜
  • The win against Carlton when their supporters are expecting the win šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜
  • The win given our significant outs.
  • Our coaching - that game was won in the coaches room.
  • 8 point play against a rival
  • Sullivanā€™s goal ā¤ļø
  • N.Daicos goal to win the game
  • Pendleburyā€™s goal
  • Our pressure
  • Matching Carlton for clearances.
  • Daicos snrā€™s carry-on in the box
  • 132-129-4
  • HHā€™s game - the future looks bright.

The Bad

• McCreeryā€™s concussion
  • Vossā€™s mood on the bench šŸ¤£
  • Andy Maherā€™s mood on Blues radio
  • TV commentary team. I get that commentators always have and always will barrack for a good game (talking up the team that is behind), but last night went well beyond that - when scores were level they were commentating from a Carlton-to-win POV.
  • Shootaā€™s discipline in the final quarter. (And not just the whack from behind)

The ugly

* Blues board post match

Last edited:
Clutch. And hats off well coached.
Completely slowed it between their arcs after 1q and even thou McKay and Curnow were on fire it never got down there.
Daicos and pendlebury bog. Everytime pendlebury gets it something happens

They're the worst. After the siren tonight, a drunk Carlton fan grabbed my scarf and threw it down to the lower level. Lucky I have about 20 spare at home.
That is disgusting. It is so hard to bring the kids to the footy when there are these types all around. At least you can replace it with a Pies 2024 Premiership scarf!

Round 23 2022 is still my fav.

Jamie Elliottā€™s goal to defeat them by a point to get us into top 4 and knock them out of finals by 0.4%, the world doesnā€™t get much more magical than that.
The blue fans were chirping with so much hope and excitement for finals too. Made the win more enjoyable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those knobs on that cringe Blues radio were the first I thought of when the siren went... couldn't wait to see their sooky little faces šŸ˜†

Haha.
Maher calling the 'Collingwood' chant the worst sound in footy, hahahah

Straight after Naicosā€™ goal, Carlton fans immediately began leaving. A minute to go, a goal down and they leave.

Their minds are broken.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The MCG emptied out quicker than a loss by Melbourne or the Tuggers

They're the worst. After the siren tonight, a drunk Carlton fan grabbed my scarf and threw it down to the lower level. Lucky I have about 20 spare at home.

the-door-barney-gumble.gif

Have you watched them the past 12 months? Were you watching their ball movement after QT? Their stoppage work? That was the worst theyā€™ve been for a while and we should have won by 4 + goals.

After QT they were beaten at stoppage, their struggles to win contest following stoppage wins, their drop off in pressure and their sloooooow ball movement were chalk and cheese with what their best looks like. We were on with our defensive systems after QT and strangled them like an anaconda with our pressure. We definitely prevented them playing to their full capacity and that was the difference.
Yeh, they didnā€™t play well at all. Their pressure was through the roof in the first quarter and has been good for most of the season so far, but dropped for large portions of last nightā€™s game.

A lot of Carlton losses follow a similar pattern. They play in bursts but concede heavily if theyā€™re not maintaining pressure around the ball.

Underwood almost found a way to even ruin that goal!
Underwood>Hudson. The call of Hudsonā€™s was better, but injecting the Star 21 plug was cringe. Call the moment and plug the sponsor once weā€™re back in the centre square. I find his attempts to be a cut price Commetti awful at times, but Russellā€™s ability to change his tempo was best by a mile, IMO.

Well done to Noble Pendlebury Josh Daicos Crisp

Darcy Moore his best game in 12 months literally

Nick Daicos his best game of the year. Freak

Harvey Harrison looks like he'll make it

Sullivan was decent, has good composure.

Mcreery was looking great until his injury which is a shame.

WHE Sidebottom and Markov in trouble
Markov was excellent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back