Round 9 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very solid.. Need only 3 upgrades by my count.. Do you have plans in place to get Bobby Gray tho?

Haha, only since Round 1 :) It has been the biggest regret of the year for me.

If I had started in Round 1 with Jack Steven instead of Ryan Griffen I would have had enough money to start him instead of Bartel as F1 (and Goldy intead of Minson)

In hindsight I should have gone GAJ > Gray instead of Lewis in Round 3 but thems the brakes.

Cripps will be upgraded to him come bye rounds.

Nah TBC is just wasting space on the FWD bench. He's $330,000 wasted. I have Blicavs and Goldy in rucks. Apart from playing against Carlton, I just feel I could get more points from Buddy as VC this week, than I could from Rockliff.

McDonald Shaw Oxley Newnes Saad Yeo (Mcintosh Brown)
Fyfe Pendles Joelwood Danger Beams Cripps Touk Krak (Mckenzie Glenn smith)
Blicavs Goldy (Cox)
Gray Bont Swan Bennell Titch Clark/Tarrant/TBC
I totally agree that you will probably get more points from Buddy this week than Rockliff, but at this stage you're better off looking long term, and Rocky will probably score more for the rest of the year

That being said, if you really want both in your side, and you're trading the other in next week, maybe go buddh this week. Rockliff is going to be around 500k, but I'm sure pre season if we were told rocky would get down to 500k then everyone would be all over him.
That would be the only scenario where I would take Buddy first

It is also worth noting that Buddy has the round 12 bye, where most carnage is, and Rockliff has the round 11 bye, which for me is where the least carnage is

Nah TBC is just wasting space on the FWD bench. He's $330,000 wasted. I have Blicavs and Goldy in rucks. Apart from playing against Carlton, I just feel I could get more points from Buddy as VC this week, than I could from Rockliff.

McDonald Shaw Oxley Newnes Saad Yeo (Mcintosh Brown)
Fyfe Pendles Joelwood Danger Beams Cripps Touk Krak (Mckenzie Glenn smith)
Blicavs Goldy (Cox)
Gray Bont Swan Bennell Titch Clark/Tarrant/TBC
If I bring in buddy this week (who will smash 200 against Carlton), my FWD and rucks are complete. Then next week bring in Rocky for Tarrant/Clark, which will look like this heading into the byes;

McDonald Shaw Yeo Oxley Newnes Saad (Mcintosh Mckenzie)
Fyfe Pendles Joelwood Danger Beams ROCKY Cripps Touk (Amon Glenn smith)
Blicavs Goldy (Cox)
Gray Bont Swan BUDDY Bennell Titch (Krak, Rookie)

14 trades left, but Forwards done, rucks done, 6 premium mids with Cripps + Touk, and a solid backline IMO.

upload_2015-5-29_10-28-8.png

Trades this week

Looking at Goodes to rookie defender (tossing up over a fair few options) or Salem to Dale? (doesnt seem like other options)

Tarrant to Devon Smith is what I am thinking at this stage. Can afford Mitchell, Goddard, Swan, Dahlhaus but was thinking of going a bit of a POD and then bringing in Goddard/Swan as my final forward. Salem and Taz to Smith and Dale leaves me 89K.

Following week CEY and Salem/Goodes plus will go for a premo mid

Thoughts?

If I bring in buddy this week (who will smash 200 against Carlton), my FWD and rucks are complete. Then next week bring in Rocky for Tarrant/Clark, which will look like this heading into the byes;

McDonald Shaw Yeo Oxley Newnes Saad (Mcintosh Mckenzie)
Fyfe Pendles Joelwood Danger Beams ROCKY Cripps Touk (Amon Glenn smith)
Blicavs Goldy (Cox)
Gray Bont Swan BUDDY Bennell Titch (Krak, Rookie)

14 trades left, but Forwards done, rucks done, 6 premium mids with Cripps + Touk, and a solid backline IMO.
Go with your gut FFS!!!

IF you wanted to you could go lumumba to glenn via dmac. i think that glenn will be getting games from next week - obviously a risk that he won't AND also rd 12 bye.

this would give you enough cash to upgrade bellchambers to anyone. you lose your def/mid link though and would have to play lever on the ground (which you might wanna do anyway)

biggest thing is if you think that Glenn will get games from next week and how he fits into your rd 12 bye versus how much you wanna get rid of TBC.
Interesting idea. If Glenn was named this week I'd defs be going this option. Byes aren't a huge issue. I think I'm leaning towards Lumumba out and either take your advice on Glenn or go with Dale (swinging higgins back) with Sauce in for TBC. I'll sleep on it tonight and no doubt start from scratch in the morning!

After a million changes I've done:
Heeney -> Dale (via Krak)
Touk -> Rocky

I finally checked my bye layout... If my current green dot players are playing, I'll have 18 in rd11, 18 in rd12 and 20 in rd13. Might be able to get through without smashing my trades like last year!

Can I trade my backline in though :mad:

[edit] After some more reading Heeney -> Amon may also be an option but I won't have my M-F link. Now I'm torn :confused:
BpmGXgh.png

If i read that side correctly, youre missing six starting players from that side in round 11.. Your bench players are also missing from the side, i can see only getting cover from 2 of them.. Am i missing something here? Is this a stitch up?

Very good team Thuggee_Cult. Where you ranked?
Cheers Kadog, I slipped down a bit while Lewis was out but jumped up 1000 spots to 6,237 last week.

I've have had a pretty meh kind of year, I haven't scored below 2000 but haven't reached any great heights either, Im getting 2100 odd each weeek..

Haha, only since Round 1 :) It has been the biggest regret of the year for me.

If I had started in Round 1 with Jack Steven instead of Ryan Griffen I would have had enough money to start him instead of Bartel as F1 (and Goldy intead of Minson)

In hindsight I should have gone GAJ > Gray instead of Lewis in Round 3 but thems the brakes.

Cripps will be upgraded to him come bye rounds.
Don't stress I started with griffen over Steven and also bartel.. Bobby was a lock for me tho the guy will easily be top 8 in average out of all SC players this year..

Cheers Kadog, I slipped down a bit while Lewis was out but jumped up 1000 spots to 6,237 last week.

I've have had a pretty meh kind of year, I haven't scored below 2000 but haven't reached any great heights either, Im getting 2100 odd each weeek..
Im ranked 346th and would much prefer your team!!

View attachment 138872

Trades this week

Looking at Goodes to rookie defender (tossing up over a fair few options) or Salem to Dale? (doesnt seem like other options)

Tarrant to Devon Smith is what I am thinking at this stage. Can afford Mitchell, Goddard, Swan, Dahlhaus but was thinking of going a bit of a POD and then bringing in Goddard/Swan as my final forward. Salem and Taz to Smith and Dale leaves me 89K.

Following week CEY and Salem/Goodes plus will go for a premo mid

Thoughts?
Do you have enough coin to go
Salem > Dale
Goodes > Simpson/Gibbo?

Otherwise
Salem > Dale
Tarrant > Smith?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have 1 trade left for the round and 347 K in the bank. Should I go all out and get Rocky into a midfield that already has Fyfe, Pendlebury, Lewis and Hannebery?

Rich and Touk Miller the players who are tradeable as I want to hold vanders and Cripps.

EDIT: Trades for R 9
Brett Goodes > Dan McKenzie
Touk Miller > Rockliff

Last edited:
I am buddy. I love this FFS (Fantasy Friendly Site)
MilneMagic must hate Friday's.... There's medications that could help you out mate.
;)
Stop being a smartass and take the advice.

Have 1 trade left for the round and 347 K in the bank. Should I go all out and get Rocky into a midfield that already has Fyfe, Pendlebury, Lewis and Hannebery?

Rich and Touk Miller the players who are tradeable as I want to hold vanders and Cripps.
Rocky won't be cheaper so if he's in your long term plans, now's the time to get him.

I am buddy. I love this FFS (Fantasy Friendly Site)
MilneMagic must hate Friday's.... There's medications that could help you out mate.
;)
Har Har.

Do you actually know how many times a week you post in these trade threads?

I've lost count.

Serious question.

My friend is an idiot and has both Ryder and Mason Cox as ruckmen.

How does he trade a ruckmen (Goldstein) in for a forward (Zorko) and move Ryder to the forward line? I know you can do it, but don't know how. Thanks

For those of you thinking of throwing the VC on buddy tonight, it is a little on the damp side up here today. I'd be keeping a very close eye on the weather closer to the game if it was something I was considering (which I'm not).
Cheers

For those of you thinking of throwing the VC on buddy tonight, it is a little on the damp side up here today. I'd be keeping a very close eye on the weather closer to the game if it was something I was considering (which I'm not).
Lukey Parker you Jet come on down!!

How does he trade a ruckmen (Goldstein) in for a forward (Zorko) and move Ryder to the forward line? I know you can do it, but don't know how. Thanks

Can't get into my SC at the moment but I think it's under Advanced Trades

Friend?

Trade out Ryder, when you get to the trade page you will have the option to Sub a player into the vacant slot of the player you selected to trade.

Trade Zorko, sub Ryder into the vacant forward spot, and then the Ruck options will come up for you to trade in Goldy for Zorko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back