Round ball code talk

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard Cornthwaite is finishing up at his Malaysian club, he is one player we MUST sign, as well as Troisi. But I guess signing Williams would end any possibility of signing the latter.
Robbie would be a reasonable signing, but we need someone like tonights opposing skipper, Topor-Stanley. A no bullshit, hard nosed, tough tackling mountain, like Sasha was.

Troisi, well I didn;t like his attitude, body language, and a few other things that he put up whilst at the Victory. Great talent but too much of a prima donna for me. Not hungry enough, not one I'd like to have next to me in the trenches.

Ben Williams is a disgrace. How anyone can call him the best ref in the country is beyond me.

Someone will be sent off in the 2nd half.

Watching Al Jazeera Newshour on ABC News 24 and the story said Zinedine Zidane, has just been appointed Real Madrid coach after Rafael Benitez got the arse. Real are 3rd in the League but have played 18 games of 38 in a season, and have only lost 3 games for 37 pts, compared to Barcelona have played 17 games, 2 loses and 39 points who are 2nd, and Atletico Madrid, played 18, lost 3 and have 41 pts and are 1st. Bloody hell no room for error at Real.

Zidane is 11th coach in 12 years of current Real Madrid's President reign.

Then had a story on Pepe Guardiola who talked about wanting to go the coach in the Premier League, but didnt say when he will take the leap, but he was told the week before Christmas he wont be coach of Bayern Munich for 2016-17. He won 2 Bundesliga titles in his first 2 years and this year his 3rd at Bayern they are on top 8 pts in front of second having played 17 out of 34 games. Bayern lost at the semi final stage of his 2 attempts at the Champions League.

* they are mad bunch of campaigners those presidents that run the big Euro soccer clubs.

Then had a story on Pepe Guardiola who talked about wanting to go the coach in the Premier League, but didnt say when he will take the leap, but he was told the week before Christmas he wont be coach of Bayern Munich for 2016-17. He won 2 Bundesliga titles in his first 2 years and this year his 3rd at Bayern they are on top 8 pts in front of second having played 17 out of 34 games. Bayern lost at the semi final stage of his 2 attempts at the Champions League.

**** they are mad bunch of campaigners those presidents that run the big Euro soccer clubs.

Guardiola's coaching record below and its not good enough for Bayern to resign him for 2016-17. Currently clear 1st in Bundesliga and is in final 16 of Champions League which that knock out phase starts in mid February.

Cup = FA Cup equivalent, Super Cup = League winner v Cup winner, UEFA Super Cup = Champions League winner v Europa League winner, FIFA Club World Cup = Winner of 6 Confederations' Champion League equivalent play off + host nation's champion team play off.

When he played for Barcelona he won 6 League titles, 2 Cups, 1 Champions League, 2 UEFA Super Cups, an old UEFA Cup Winners Cup and a gold medal at 1992 Olympics. The bloke has gold evertwhere and they dont re-appoint him. < Insert massive shakes head smiley>

upload_2016-1-6_11-41-17.png

Have you seen Real Madrid's squad REH? Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema, James, Pepe, Ramos, Kroos. You or I would be a chance to manage them to better than 3rd.

Still, 18 games in and only a little bit off the pace is a bit harsh.

Have you seen Real Madrid's squad REH? Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema, James, Pepe, Ramos, Kroos. You or I would be a chance to manage them to better than 3rd.

Still, 18 games in and only a little bit off the pace is a bit harsh.
Have to admit, it was eyebrows raised for me when they initially appointed Benitez .....

Really?

Interesting comparison with the boys on Matchday Saturday on who is the best striker ever in the A League.

Sure, Berisha has the trophies in the cabinet, but for me, whoa, Fornaroli is absolutely streets ahead as a striker.

Besart is clinical, Bruno is simply breathtaking!

Been some decent contests so far this weekend in the A-League

Exc ept for boring Sydney FC, it has been top shelf!

Going back to earlier discussion, Michael Thwaite out of Glory? ..... Well he should be a primary target! Throw everything at him to get him at Hindmarsh!!

Didn't see much of the Sydney/Newcastle game but that is the way Sydney play. The only time I would watch them is if they were playing Adelaide United.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting comparison with the boys on Matchday Saturday on who is the best striker ever in the A League.

Sure, Berisha has the trophies in the cabinet, but for me, whoa, Fornaroli is absolutely streets ahead as a striker.

Besart is clinical, Bruno is simply breathtaking!

Berisha clearly, he's got the runs on the board over many years now. Still a campaigner though.

What I find interesting about both is that neither had much of a track record of scoring goals prior to joining the A-League but both basically score for fun in the A-League. Maybe says something about the standard the A-League still needs to aspire to.

Newcastle score in the 90th minute to salvage a 3-3 draw in a 6 goal thriller with Man U at St James Park.

Newcastle score in the 90th minute to salvage a 3-3 draw in a 6 goal thriller with Man U at St James Park.
Goodbye LVG. Finally score more than 1 goal and they still can't win. :D
Something for Newcastle to put into their history books along with the 5-0 win on 20/10/1996.

Inspired by the posting of our old mate werner Sunderland pulled off another massive win, this time away to Swansea

Remove this Banner Ad

Back