The Law Royal Commission into Child Abuse

Remove this Banner Ad

In a case I know about,the Elders called the cops in.
Stepfather found guilty got 4 1/2 years.
In cases I know about, JW's policy concerning sexual abuse is they only act when there's two independent witnesses to the act. This is straight from an elder himself.

In cases I know about, JW's policy concerning sexual abuse is they only act when there's two independent witnesses to the act. This is straight from an elder himself.
That is what one of the Elders stated during the hearing. Shocking even though the father had confessed.

How many pages was the Goodes Booing thread...The most recent one?
How many pages the Essendon drug saga?

Surprised this thread is only 14 pages?
Wonder if Tony Abbott will ever make mention of the RC into his mates.

Last edited:

Good point!
Still trying to figure out why Brandis met with Pell recently.

There isn't anyone defending the paedos so no need for 300-post circular arguments.

There isn't anyone defending the paedos so no need for 300-post circular arguments.
True but there seems a decide lack of outrage at the institutions involved.
Seems no-one, or at least very few, are willing to rail against their own piers.

Seems no-one, or at least very few, are willing to rail against their own piers.
This is one of the reasons that conspiracy theories about elite and widespread pedophile rings get so much traction. Not to mention the sheer amount of material that gets uncovered when there is a raid indicates that the cases that see daylight are only the very tip of the iceberg compared with the level of abuse going on.
Btw did the recent cases in Perth make National News? Guy in toy section, and 11--13 yo girl pimped by her father...

This is one of the reasons that conspiracy theories about elite and widespread pedophile rings get so much traction. Not to mention the sheer amount of material that gets uncovered when there is a raid indicates that the cases that see daylight are only the very tip of the iceberg compared with the level of abuse going on.
Btw did the recent cases in Perth make National News? Guy in toy section, and 11--13 yo girl pimped by her father...
Yep both in the news and both mentioned on the Crime board

Will a time come that entertainers and politicians are subject to the same scrutiny as is happening in the UK?

The latest target of investigation is the former UK primeminister Edward Heath.

A series of accusations exist around boys from state homes in Jersey going on yachting trips with him and never coming back.

There are also a number of other historical accusations, including a police coverup and abuse victims re-making historical claims.

Yep,saw that.
The one which caught my attention though was the bloke who "lent" out his daughter to half a dozen pedos and filmed it...503 charges!
Perfect instance of why the death penalty is not viable...too good for the bastard.

Sound familiar?

19808_934375836613052_7841985596842229843_n.jpg

Hi all, you might find this interesting! I am undertaking my honours year in psychology and am doing research on HOW JURORS PERCEIVE CHILD VICTIMS.

The chief accepted my request to post this appeal for survey respondents.

DETAILS:
Approximately 17% of Child Sexual Assault (CSA) disclosures result in a criminal conviction. This is an ALARMING statistic.

Our 4th year Psychology student research team needs your help to ascertain how juror’s perceptions influence conviction rates in CSA trials (Ethics approval: 2013-168). We are seeking Australian citizens aged 18+ to complete the survey. If you meet this criteria, please follow the link below. The survey only takes about 20 minutes, please read through the plain language statement so you can give informed consent. Please keep in mind the sensitive nature of this topic may be confronting.

http://www.deakin.edu.au/psychology/research/court_case_evaluation

Thank-you for your contribution to this research!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder whats its like for victims of psychology and psychiatry? Whats it like to be told their depression is a result of a chemical imbalance and not from being raped as child in an orphanage or church?

I know one victim of Christian orphanages, who was taken on weekends way by some elite of society. They drugged him and tied him up. Before he was 18, in psychiatry's attempt to cure his distress, they drugged him, when he resisted, they tied him up, when he continually resisted ,they electrocuted him until he had seizures.

It's happening today.

These flash psychology surveys won't touch on that, will they?

I wonder whats its like for victims of psychology and psychiatry? Whats it like to be told their depression is a result of a chemical imbalance and not from being raped as child in an orphanage or church?

I know one victim of Christian orphanages, who was taken on weekends way by some elite of society. They drugged him and tied him up. Before he was 18, in psychiatry's attempt to cure his distress, they drugged him, when he resisted, they tied him up, when he continually resisted ,they electrocuted him until he had seizures.

It's happening today.

These flash psychology surveys won't touch on that, will they?
Where is this happening today?
Where is someone being tied up and electrocuted until they have a seizure?

You have no understanding of how the brain works.

Where is this happening today?
Where is someone being tied up and electrocuted until they have a seizure?

You have no understanding of how the brain works.
Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT), formerly known as electroshock therapy and often referred to as shock treatment, is a standard psychiatric treatment in which seizures are electrically induced in patients to provide relief from psychiatric illnesses.
From Wikipedia.
So... what is your point aside from attacking victims of sexual abuse and their sympathisers whom you know nothing about?

I wanted to post about the Catholic Church - which of course is only one institution of the RC's focus - but a major one.

It's interesting that the church (mainly through schools) is one of the largest employers in Australia - yet Australia is a largely secular society - just one more reason why the Federal cabinet made up predominantly of Jesuit private school boys, is absurdly unrepresentative Australia's population

Whoever is in power in 2017 or whenever the findings are published is going to have some very tricky policy questions to address. The first and foremost, as I've mentioned - is what place (If we're are being completely honest) does religious education (of any faith) have in mainstream schools - and to what extent. Because its doctrine is so fundamentally at odds with contemporary knowledge - (for instance, not even teaching evolution - or for that matter rudimentary climate change) that's a point too broad to discuss here, so I'll leave it.

Second point is, and this is something that is definitely going to be become apparent - is that the Church clergy have been quite obstinate and resistant to current child protection standards. Child protection workers who have been tasked to develop new policies for the Church (in light of the Commission) have met with Priests who are basically treating them as if they are meddling. They cannot understand why parishes be subjected to stringent requirements - and many argue that children don't even attend their parishes. However, of course schools adjoining parishes all the time. The Catholic Church now survives almost entirely on volunteers and these are the people hardest to pin down for police checks and therefore, probably the greatest danger to children.

So, you have 60+ year old Priests with archaic attitudes, that makes up say 60% of the clergy, then you have this influx of foreign Priests coming from India and Africa (in fact if you go to any church service these days I'd guess-timate well over 50% are 1st generation immigrants) making up the rest - and those Priests are even more conservative/misogynistic.

Therefore, there is simply a lack of personnel that's going to be willing or able to turn things around.

I think the RC is going to reveal deplorable governance across the board - while there may be acceptable policies written down and pinned up on notice boards those policies are still disregarded.

At the moment most people simply tolerate the Catholic church with a kind of pitiful disdain, probably because of their charitable institutions such as St Vinnies. But once again, these organisations are headed mainly by well-meaning elderly volunteers - probably operating at about 10% of their potential. I have heard this from a someone from the private sector who volunteers there - constantly frustrated at the bureaucracy and naivety of the some of the people running it. These places are always saying they need volunteers but what they really need is governance - and community members with skills (like finance, IT etc) to offer their services. I am currently in the process of researching some charities and seeing what skills they actually need rather than a simple donation of old clothes etc.

Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT), formerly known as electroshock therapy and often referred to as shock treatment, is a standard psychiatric treatment in which seizures are electrically induced in patients to provide relief from psychiatric illnesses.
From Wikipedia.
So... what is your point aside from attacking victims of sexual abuse and their sympathisers whom you know nothing about?
Read his post again, and tell me you back it.

Hi all, you might find this interesting! I am undertaking my honours year in psychology and am doing research on HOW JURORS PERCEIVE CHILD VICTIMS.

The chief accepted my request to post this appeal for survey respondents.

DETAILS:
Approximately 17% of Child Sexual Assault (CSA) disclosures result in a criminal conviction. This is an ALARMING statistic.

Our 4th year Psychology student research team needs your help to ascertain how juror’s perceptions influence conviction rates in CSA trials (Ethics approval: 2013-168). We are seeking Australian citizens aged 18+ to complete the survey. If you meet this criteria, please follow the link below. The survey only takes about 20 minutes, please read through the plain language statement so you can give informed consent. Please keep in mind the sensitive nature of this topic may be confronting.

http://www.deakin.edu.au/psychology/research/court_case_evaluation

Thank-you for your contribution to this research!

I gave up halfway through. Found myself choosing 'unsure' over and over again which probably wouldn't help your survey results.

Thanks anyway Shane!

Everyone we still need your help! We desperately need more MALES to respond! So far our results are disproportionately from females! We want to recruit more males so we can make a meaningful conclusion from the results :)

(http://www.deakin.edu.au/psychology/research/court_case_evaluation/)
I did it, seemed to discount the possibility that the mother could have coached the child into accusing the father.Not saying this is common but have a look at this case -http://barristerblogger.com/2015/03/24/the-hampstead-so-called-satanic-cult-should-be-a-warning-to-the-credulous/ and tell me that is not the most likely scenario

I did it, seemed to discount the possibility that the mother could have coached the child into accusing the father.Not saying this is common but have a look at this case -http://barristerblogger.com/2015/03/24/the-hampstead-so-called-satanic-cult-should-be-a-warning-to-the-credulous/ and tell me that is not the most likely scenario

Interesting pick-up awaremind! As there is often a lack of medical evidence beyond the victim and defendant’s testimony in CSA cases, jurors must infer considerably more information about the complainant/victim and defendant - this makes it difficult to discern who is most credible and who is to blame.

(http://www.deakin.edu.au/psychology/research/court_case_evaluation/)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back