Ryan O'Keefe Wants to Leave Sydney for Melbourne - All Discussion Here!

Do you like ROK?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rok

Ryan O'Keefe is a very good player but it is laughable to mention him in the same sentence as Judd. He would be maybe worth 500000 a season. He is a flanker not a gun midfielder or key position player. You would want to trade him for something good but do not think he is in Judds class or even just behind.

That's why I had him at 200K less then Judd................durrrrrr!!

Just a reference to show how much he SHOULD mean to us. The Judd comment was just for the comparison of a team value.

So yeah! IMO he is worth every cent of 800K if Judd is worth $1M to them!

Oops..............I mentioned them in the same sentence again!!

How's this?

1st sentence - O'Keefe worth 800K at Swans. (note the full stop)

2nd sentence - If Judd is worth $1M at Carltank.

Happy!

Re: RoK wants to go!

I'd go Buddy for O'Keefe :thumbsu:

Pfft what an absolutely rediculous trade. I can't believe you even SUGGESTED it. Such a complete blatant rip off, the club would never allow it.

Would have to be Buddy and their 1st Rounder. ;)

Seriously though, I'm shattered, always loved this bloke.

And Burek, just **** off. Did you not watch '05 when he was a deadset 100% accurate in front of goals? You know nothing about the Swans as shown by our little joust on the main board. Piss off and learn your facts.

I was just thinking that if O'Keefe is going to go back to Victoria i think the best team to do business with would be Geelong. Geelong dont have any good picks but what they do have is a tonne of fringe players who are of a high quality and would easily make our starting 22.

We already have a bigger salary cap than Melbourne clubs...

In reality, whilst it's tough with ROK, we get the opposite quite a lot - blokes wanting to get away from Melbourne, so you can't really complain just because in this instance it's going against us.

Just means we need home grown talent.

Re: RoK wants to go!

Pfft what an absolutely rediculous trade. I can't believe you even SUGGESTED it. Such a complete blatant rip off, the club would never allow it.

I think that one was fairly obviously tongue in cheek! :)

Welcome to Silly Season !!!!
IMO (& I hope) that it is all a media beat-up and the swans and ROK are still negotiating ???

Reports of the Swans offering Kerr a (5) year seems like BS, as how can Roos or anyone connected with the Swans offer a currently contracted player in Kerr, a deal if the WCE have not given approval ??

If I was ROK I would be trying to get a four to five year deal to stich himself up for the remainder of his career at the Swans. As discussed ON THE COUCH tonight, outside of Kirk and Goodes, ROK is next in-line to be considered as captain, provided he wants to stay in Sydney.

We already have a bigger salary cap than Melbourne clubs...

In reality, whilst it's tough with ROK, we get the opposite quite a lot - blokes wanting to get away from Melbourne, so you can't really complain just because in this instance it's going against us.

Just means we need home grown talent.

*sigh* i know we have a bigger salary cap than melbourne clubs, i had my tongue in my cheek. I should have finished my post with ;);)

Some text from Grimlock's list.
(http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/okeefe-to-meet-other-clubs/2008/09/29/1222650989902.html)

PS The journos speculate on clubs that may be interested, but it is clearly guesswork on their part.

SYDNEY forward Ryan O'Keefe is meeting Melbourne clubs this week as he considers a move back to Victoria.

O'Keefe turns 28 before next season and has been offered a three-year deal to remain in Sydney, but he has told the Swans he wants to test the market before re-signing.

He has appointed a manager and has told the Swans he will spend this week meeting suitors.

"Ryan is considering all of his options at the moment and that includes meeting with a number of other clubs, but it would be wrong to say he has walked out on the Sydney Swans," his manager Tom Petroro said.

Sydney coach Paul Roos said last night that O'Keefe had not told the club he wants to move back to Victoria.
"He certainly hasn't told us that. That's news to us," Roos said. "As far I know, they (contract negotiations) are (continuing). He's been down in Melbourne for a couple of days from what I can gather, but we haven't heard from him that he's leaving."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay, I'm not gonna post on any topic to do with trading until trade week is over. I know to take anything reported in the trade period with a large grain of salt, but this is ridiculous!

Needless to say I hope he stays!

Yeah,I also heard about ROK.Apparantly he has employed a manager and is speaking to three Melbopurne Clubs.Collingwood and Carlton are two and I forget the third.Why were we expecting this?Rok has supposedly said he wants to go to a team who can win a Premiership!

Re: Rok

The interesting part for me is that ROK negotiates his own contract!

I like it ! But it does put him at a bit of a disadvantage.

Something really good would need to be offerred for him to go!

It gets even more interesting when current reports are that he has now actually suddenly engaged a "manager". It could mean alot of things I guess - maybe he's just had enough and wants to gets it all finalised asap. But the perception of this is that he is now very serious about leaving the Swans and will need help negotiating with a range of potential suitors.

My Grandfather has a friend who is a very passionate Swans supporter, who the other week managed to get me a form to become a SCG Member I think, and when we called him to thank him, he told me "If you have the Swans email, email them telling them you won't renew your membership if they let O'Keefe go!" So it seems its already started in some respect. ;)

My Grandfather has a friend who is a very passionate Swans supporter, who the other week managed to get me a form to become a SCG Member I think, and when we called him to thank him, he told me "If you have the Swans email, email them telling them you won't renew your membership if they let O'Keefe go!" So it seems its already started in some respect. ;)

I don't want o'keefe to go but if he's being lured and wants to come back to melbourne then so be it.

I was talking about a petition to keep our draft picks.

Bit more hope, but not much. He's still actively considering other clubs.. don't think we have much chance unless we offer him the 4 years he wants and a nice salary. We can do it.. make him a veteran once the 2 spots are cleared up next year.

Other than that, all we can hope is that the water.. or something keeps him here. A lost hope really, lol.

He's probably just after more money. Not good news for Davis: “He’s out of contract. At this stage we’ve just said to Nick ‘let’s get through trade week’. We’ll make a definitive decision on his career once we know who is at the club and who’s not at the club,” Roos said.

what would you want off carlton?

i think pick 6 should be off limits because he is 28 and will only offer so much, but he is an all-australian so give me your thoughts. (swan supporters)

what would you want off carlton?

i think pick 6 should be off limits because he is 28 and will only offer so much, but he is an all-australian so give me your thoughts. (swan supporters)

I would be content with your pick 6 and i think you guys should be happy with that 2. What you can expect from o'keefe would be a consistent star, he would probably (most likely) win your best and fairest next year and he's not prone to injury, with your midfield and fev in the forward line you guys could be serious contenders next year with ROK in your team...

pick 6 please :):thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back