Official Match Thread S20 Rd 2: MOTR - Gold City Royals v West Coast Wonders @ The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

We miss you Royals. :(

220606-lara-bingle-toby-zerna.jpg

I don't understand the furore personally.

We are letting our actions on the field do the talking. When we feel the opposition is worthy we will let you know

Unfortunately this isn't enough, and being a ghost team and all, you guys should just fold. Am I doing it right, Juggalo Balla?

I think its concerning the hypocritical approach the Wonders are taking against the team they have trouble defeating. If memory serves me correct, the Wonders were not only unable to win game on the field last season, they also had nobody show up to the pre-match entertainment off it.

They recruit a few no name spuds, entice an over the hill PVF back into the fold and start parading around like marionettes controlled by Clarkey.

How long until TheFreshBanana disappears again when the Wonders begin their inevitable decline... I'll give it until round 5 after their 4th loss in a row.

I think its concerning the hypocritical approach the Wonders are taking against the team they have trouble defeating. If memory serves me correct, the Wonders were not only unable to win game on the field last season, they also had nobody show up to the pre-match entertainment off it.

They recruit a few no name spuds, entice an over the hill PVF back into the fold and start parading around like marionettes controlled by Clarkey.

How long until TheFreshBanana disappears again when the Wonders begin their inevitable decline... I'll give it until round 5 after their 4th loss in a row.

Hmm...

Another amazing comeback Royals, and another great thread Wonders. Kudos for keeping the entire week game relevant.

Bad luck on the loss, and well done to ClarkeM for getting the club back to their best off the field.

Thanks for the game West Coast Wonders. You were great in the thread all week and put up an excellent fight tonight.

Well played Wonders, you're always welcome at the Throne. Best of luck for the rest of the season guys, you're a good bunch :thumbsu:

Thanks Wonders for the thread. Safe to say everything was a much more enjoyable pace this week.

I'd have not had a problem at all with the Royals being inactive like this if it weren't for Juggs' hypocritical thread.

I'd have not had a problem at all with the Royals being inactive like this if it weren't for Juggs' hypocritical thread.
Then why were you the last man standing when everyone else vacated the Wonders captaincy after your team lost all ability to win games?

Why did Clarkey disappear, ditto TheFreshBanana? Why has crowy left after all looked lost?

Not to mention those quotes were from early on in the season when the Wonders had testicular fortitude and some ticker. It seems to me as though a sense of entitlement ran through some big names and the stigma of losing didn't go down too well.

Then why were you the last man standing when everyone else vacated the Wonders captaincy after your team lost all ability to win games?

Why did Clarkey disappear, ditto TheFreshBanana? Why has crowy left after all looked lost?
Personal circumstances for myself. Same for TFB. Crowwy was always going to leave. We just held onto him for as long as we could and we did. Always said I was going to drop off. Why does it keep surprising people?

Not to mention those quotes were from early on in the season when the Wonders had testicular fortitude and some ticker. It seems to me as though a sense of entitlement ran through some big names and the stigma of losing didn't go down too well.
Then why did you follow Okeydoke7 and Wise Guy Sam in leaving the Royals after so many seasons of missing finals and failing when push did come to shove?

To make way for names such as yours truly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personal circumstances for myself. Same for TFB. Crowwy was always going to leave. We just held onto him for as long as we could and we did. Always said I was going to drop off. Why does it keep surprising people?
So it was a coincidence you left when the Wonders began losing... ok. How about your mate who was fairly active around the forum but merely lost interest suddenly. :rolleyes:

Then why did you follow Okeydoke7 and Wise Guy Sam in leaving the Royals after so many seasons of missing finals and failing when push did come to shove?
You mean leaving after guiding the team to their first finals appearance, or did you mean moving to a team with an equally success laden culture and one who missed the finals last season?

You're making as much sense as fumbler.

croweater 41 was planning on leaving after season 18, if I remember correctly. He did not, because the club was in a dire position. However, we bolstered the list, and had plenty of active contributors throughout season 19. Funnily enough, the rebuild wasn't 100% complete over the one off-season, but the club did dramatically improve. This off-season we have topped it off, and have 20 active contributors.

ClarkeM has explained why he disappeared on multiple occasions, and that he had never intended on being active last season at all.

TheFreshBanana has his reasons for leaving, and I knew about the captaincy gig a month beforehand because of this.

Greater emphasis was then placed on our rookies, as we had very few experienced players left, and they then stood up and delivered, just to be labelled 'no name spuds' by people such as yourself and Juggalo Balla. Everyone wanted their chance to dig their heals into the struggling Wonders' situation. Rather than helping, these people such as yourself proved their worth to the league as a whole.

Then all of a sudden, the shoe was placed on the other foot. The Royals faced a mass exodus. It astonishes me that after the crap we had to put up with last season that you would come in here and defend the Royals. You're not associated with them any more, why should they remain a part of the league, whereas we should have folded for the good of the league last season? Furthermore, surely you can't expect a team that has gone 0 and 8 should be as active as a team sitting first on the ladder - yet, we were. In fact, we were more active.

You obviously don't want to see teams fold, yet you're in here calling rookies 'no name spuds'. It's that sort of approach that makes you a germ to the league. People like ClarkeM and (not to toot my own horn) myself have actually put our hands up to help out fledgling clubs, but when the Wonders were down it was all fun and games.

It's actually concerning that only 4 Royals posters have showed up thus far in this match thread: Juggalo Balla, Marlowe, TommyCash and Dirty Bird.

It's actually concerning that their team thread is now on the 2nd page with only 11 replies in it.

It's actually concerning that of the 11 replies, there have only been 5 posters post in it. 3 of the above 4 posters + Blacky and Easty.

It's actually concerning that their co-captain, TimTamWB, is yet to post in said team thread.

It's actually concerning that co-captain TimTamWB has only posted twice in last week's game thread (Friday) and has been online every day since.

It's actually concerning that co-captain TimTamWB seems to not care at all about his club.

It's actually concerning that prized recruit from season's past Juggalo Balla seems to have pushed out stars such as Wise Guy Sam, Okeydoke7 and Nakia.

It's actually concerning that the Royals are still in the league.

It's funny, even though Clarke Media is a thing, I think this is the first time I have bothered to read a post of yours. We all make mistakes.

So it was a coincidence you left when the Wonders began losing... ok. How about your mate who was fairly active around the forum but merely lost interest suddenly. :rolleyes:

You mean leaving after guiding the team to their first finals appearance, or did you mean moving to a team with an equally success laden culture and one who missed the finals last season?

You're making as much sense as fumbler.
Half-correct. I began working again in April and have been incredibly busy with that considering my hours, commitment of work and location of work. As of next week, I'll be doing 6 days a week so I'm a little concerned that I can't keep up what I've been doing today for the rest of the season + a trip to the US from October for a decent time will challenge me.

I lost interest, had little time for the league and went through an incredibly tough time as stated here April 9th:
Busy with work now footy season is back like I said I would be, trying to live a new life and I'm experiencing some horrible family issues.

Don't worry about me guys, just continue to play Fantasy Footy and I'll be back when I can be. But for now, just carry on and have fun.

The Gumbies have won a flag. You left the Royals who haven't. There aren't equally as successful as the other :).

croweater 41 was planning on leaving after season 18, if I remember correctly. He did not, because the club was in a dire position. However, we bolstered the list, and had plenty of active contributors throughout season 19. Funnily enough, the rebuild wasn't 100% complete over the one off-season, but the club did dramatically improve. This off-season we have topped it off, and have 20 active contributors.

ClarkeM has explained why he disappeared on multiple occasions, and that he had never intended on being active last season at all.

TheFreshBanana has his reasons for leaving, and I knew about the captaincy gig a month beforehand because of this.

Greater emphasis was then placed on our rookies, as we had very few experienced players left, and they then stood up and delivered, just to be labelled 'no name spuds' by people such as yourself and Juggalo Balla. Everyone wanted their chance to dig their heals into the struggling Wonders' situation. Rather than helping, these people such as yourself proved their worth to the league as a whole.

Then all of a sudden, the shoe was placed on the other foot. The Royals faced a mass exodus. It astonishes me that after the crap we had to put up with last season that you would come in here and defend the Royals. You're not associated with them any more, why should they remain a part of the league, whereas we should have folded for the good of the league last season? Furthermore, surely you can't expect a team that has gone 0 and 8 should be as active as a team sitting first on the ladder - yet, we were. In fact, we were more active.

You obviously don't want to see teams fold, yet you're in here calling rookies 'no name spuds'. It's that sort of approach that makes you a germ to the league. People like ClarkeM and (not to toot my own horn) myself have actually put our hands up to help out fledgling clubs, but when the Wonders were down it was all fun and games.
So the essence here is that you're being hypocritical. Would that be a fair assumption to make?

It's funny, even though Clarke Media is a thing, I think this is the first time I have bothered to read a post of yours. We all make mistakes.
I only went in there because I was tagged

Congrats on resorting to that to compel people to read that dross

Re-read that again and realise you're just complimenting my media work. Good one :).

Half-correct. I began working again in April and have been incredibly busy with that considering my hours, commitment of work and location of work. As of next week, I'll be doing 6 days a week so I'm a little concerned that I can't keep up what I've been doing today for the rest of the season + a trip to the US from October for a decent time will challenge me.

I lost interest, had little time for the league and went through an incredibly tough time as stated here April 9th:

The Gumbies have won a flag. You left the Royals who haven't. There aren't equally as successful as the other :).
So you'll be here while the Wonders are still winning and conjure up more excuses if they decline again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back