Mod. Notice Saints Board Feedback - Looking for Background Image Suggestions

Remove this Banner Ad

I really like the mods
images

Its those damn Rockers i cant stand
tumblr_lpyx93Exrm1qe7ioh.jpg
:p:p

I don't particularly like posts being re-written because they might contain some minor banter…

Can get a little saccharine for my liking, but maybe that is just the vibe here… which is okay I guess if most people prefer this.

I enjoy the board overall, good discussions.

I don't particularly like posts being re-written because they might contain some minor banter…

Can get a little saccharine for my liking, but maybe that is just the vibe here… which is okay I guess if most people prefer this.

I enjoy the board overall, good discussions.

Don't agree at all, you scum sucking dog (well not really at all, but do want to see what a rewrite does with this!!) :)

I could do with a little more participation and help with content for the Saintsblog. The B&F was supposed to be a point of difference, and to more accurately reflect the footy club's own practices. I'll be doing a comparison between the two B&Fs to make my point.

I personally think the main forum should be cleaned up a little bit in regards to pinned threads etc.. I struggle finding the newest post each time I log in and the pinned threads most of the time im not interested in. It would be good if they were moved imo to a separate subforum or fewer pinned etc..

I personally think the main forum should be cleaned up a little bit in regards to pinned threads etc.. I struggle finding the newest post each time I log in and the pinned threads most of the time im not interested in. It would be good if they were moved imo to a separate subforum or fewer pinned etc..

I was thinking the same thing. Do we really need a pinned thread for Sandringham news and discussion?

I noticed other team boards like the Bombers and WCE have their team colours in the background. Are we able to get something like that?

If the moderators are refraining from joining discussion due to their commitments, then I'd prefer if that changed. Being a good poster is essential to being selected as a moderator, so I see no reason why we need to lose out on that, and, on the same note, given their posting quality, the chances of any mod treading into any kind of "controversial area" for a BigFooty official is slim to none, and forgivable if it somehow ever happened.
Squizzy and myself have different reasons for our reduced post quantity, and as for my own performance - I expect it to improve somewhat but I may not get back to the levels I have in the past.

Armitage2Riewoldt has really stepped up to be a brilliant moderator - and we have seen less of his wisdom through his posts too. I suppose it is somewhat inevitable that we only have so many hours to devote before other aspects of our lives begin to degrade through neglect.

Oh and PS I have posted my share of controversial stuff in my time as moderator, Sainter had to tell me to pull my head in a number of times, and Squizzy gives me a mild rebuke when he needs to, so we are not immune to the lure of having our say. We are human. We started here as posters like everyone else and we remain here because we think we can make a difference: make the supporting Saints experience better for a greater number of people

One gripe, which I did actually outline in a thread (and was subsequently and fairly deleted) was that sometimes the mods can be too nice. By all means, we don't want some kind of Orwellian board here, but feel free to actually punish those who deserve it. I definitely do not believe that particular offenders are ignored, as I'm sure they are regularly contacted via PM, but being harsher isn't always a bad thing.
I'll admit to being too soft on occasion, but usually only to fellow Saints supporters. The Saints board had a reputation as being too strict to visitors and I make no apologies for that. I take your point though - and will endeavour to be a little more cutthroat when I need to be.

This is extremely minor - just noticed that other clubs have themed backgrounds to their boards, like Richmond and Hawthorn, and wondered if it would be a good idea for us to do the same.

Great team board, great monitors. Agreed with the themed backgrounds, would be a nice touch.

I think the side paneling needs a bit of colour. The page is a little bland. The Richmond board is a good example. It's easy enough to read.

I noticed other team boards like the Bombers and WCE have their team colours in the background. Are we able to get something like that?

This can definitely be arranged. Is anyone putting up their hand to create one? It needs to be less than 200k and here's an example from the Carlton board:
http://images.bigfootymedia.com.s3.amazonaws.com/backgrounds/bigfooty-blues-background.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't over complicate it, some type of Saints related crowd shot would be fine, a vertical version of this for example.
It's very hard to find a photo like that big enough though.

May be over complicating this as such but put this together quickly. Very open to suggestions as well.

Couldn't help but go a bit Lenny themed on the right. :D

Attachments

• bf-background.jpg
    bf-background.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 7
Lenny background for the rest of the year, then the New Year with a different background.

I don't have Photoshop so can I make a suggestion?

Black or very dark gray with the Saints logo on either side. Put the logo at the top of the panel. Keep it nice and clean and simple.

Seems best place to post this... Whats with the annoying "trending likes" permanently up the top of the page? Most annoying and useless thing ever done! Anyone know how to get rid of them
!

mod edit - disable via preferences http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/account/preferences

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back