Remove this Banner Ad

G0ther00s

Club Legend
Oct 14, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat
I think this is an agreement from the other deal. I like it for Saints.

Trade Radio@traderadio
7m
OFFICIAL: The Saints get another pick inside 20 after a transaction with the Hawks. St Kilda receives 19 Hawthorn receives 24 & 59

So we paid Franklin compensation, our first pick and a serviceable midfielder for a serviceable ruckman who can do everything, but nothing well.

Awesome...

No, we traded a 2nd round pick, a player not in our best 25 and a few places upgraded for the Saints 4th best player, possibly future captain who is the 5th best ruckman in the comp and just coming into his prime.

Initially a big win for Hawthorn the trade now looks pretty even. Maybe a bit more of a win for the Saints. Very happy with it, especially if we can snag Longer for pick 25

No, we traded a 2nd round pick, a player not in our best 25 and a few places upgraded for the Saints 4th best player, possibly future captain who is the 5th best ruckman in the comp and just coming into his prime.
C'mon now...

This is where both teams get a win out of a trade I think, originally looked lopsided for Hawthorn. But now it's come to light that Mcevoy might not be as good as he looks when he plays, and the 2nd part of the deal for the Saints, it's made the trade a whole lot better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is where both teams get a win out of a trade I think, originally looked lopsided for Hawthorn. But now it's come to light that Mcevoy might not be as good as he looks when he plays, and the 2nd part of the deal for the Saints, it's made the trade a whole lot better.

Looked at McEvoy stats? he is extremely overrated.

mj-laughing.gif

Zac Clarke
Nic Nat
Minson
Sandilands
Cox
Pyke
Kreuzer
Goldstein
Maric

I just plucked 10 ruckmen who are better off the top of my head... but ok.

Official rankings have him 5th in ruckman, 4th at the Saints and 67th overall.

Can't argue with the official rankings. They're official.
And flawed.
Sandi the 20th best ruckman in the competition according to the stats - the clear AA ruckman for the year was only 4th.
Pederson is a better ruckman than Hamish McIntosh according to official rankings.

mj-laughing.gif

Zac Clarke
Nic Nat
Minson
Sandilands
Cox
Pyke
Kreuzer
Goldstein
Maric

McEvoy is better than Clarke and Kreuzer. Sandiland and Cox are winding down so he has more upside than them. Only would have Nic Nat, Minson, Goldstein and Pyke ahead. About even with Maric.

Wait...so the original consensus (from the other thread) was that Hawthorn were the big winners in the trade. Now that it has been revealed that Hawthorn downgraded 5 places (and received a late pick), St.Kilda are the big winners of the trade? That doesn't make much sense.

Anyway, my opinion is that both clubs have done well, with St.Kilda with their noses in front - depending on the quality of the draft. Most recent Hawthorn trades look this way and Hawthorn always seem to do well in retrospect (e.g. Burgoyne, Gibson, Lake, Gunston, etc), the closest example being the trade for Hale.

mj-laughing.gif

Zac Clarke
Nic Nat
Minson
Sandilands
Cox
Pyke
Kreuzer
Goldstein
Maric

I'll take the AFL s official ratings over the top of your head, but thanks for the input.

And flawed.
Sandi the 20th best ruckman in the competition according to the stats - the clear AA ruckman for the year was only 4th.
Pederson is a better ruckman than Hamish McIntosh according to official rankings.

They're official though Mof. Why would they AFL website link to them in every article if they weren't official and therefore totally correct?

So you're pulling stats out to say Mcevoy is the 5th best ruckman, but you're telling me we traded a 2nd round pick for him? Might want to revisit the draft order.

StKilda are nowhere near a good team, so being their 4th best player isn't a massive accomplishment.

Anyway you look at it StKilda came out ahead on this trade.

McEvoy is better than Clarke and Kreuzer. Sandiland and Cox are winding down so he has more upside than them. Only would have Nic Nat, Minson, Goldstein and Pyke ahead. About even with Maric.

I just did a quick comparison between Clarke and McEvoy - despite less time on ground per game in 2013, Clarke leads McEvoy in the following statistics (averages 2013):

disposals
goals
tackles
hitouts
inside 50's
goal assists
disposal efficiency

Remove this Banner Ad

Back