Votes: 23 39.0%
  • Other

Votes: 19 32.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

SxprH.gif

Yep - pace is subjective for sure...
Matty White has tons of it but his feet move faster than his brain and that's why we don't really miss him IMO.
Then you look at someone like Steve Johnson (hate it when everyone calls him Stevie J) - has limited pace but is rarely caught and always looks like he has plenty of time. Knights in his prime is possibly similar.

If Gordon does evolve into a mid I will burst a helmet blood vessel... :oops:
Roachy, did you watch any Port games this year? They have pumped up Matty Whites stocks and he looked great. I spoke to Andrew Swallow at a function this year and h was scathing at Richmond for letting White go.

Lloyd is a mark, kick goal forward, similar to Plapp and Williams from Bummers/Hawks, he does not have the speed to chase and harrass and apply fwd pressure and is not tall enough to play 3rd tall in AFL - limited IMO

Gordon is a running machine that is not a genuine marking goal kicker nor has the speed either, is more a winger or HFF where he can use his endurance to run all day, could also become a tagger if we need?? has some potential and i can see being in a best 22

Madonna and Edwards are the best small forwards we have, Edwards has a knack of being in the best position however lacks the foot skills of Madonna and is probably better suited in close than outside.

I can see Madonna coming on as that valuable small fwd we so desprerately lack.
FYI - Gordon is one of the quickest blokes on our list.

Lloyd is as slow a wet week, couldn't run out of sight on a foggy night. He is nothing but a top up player at best.
Gordon was performing okay and will be given first chance to establish himself but forward may also not be his best suited position. Doughnuts has more talent than both but it is this year or never for him. I think we will need a new player to come through as unfortunately Knights can not get on the park consistently enough. Leaves us short and the draft may be the only way to find a quality forward. I thought Garlett would have been better than any of these players we currently have.

Agree with comments Gordon replaces Grigg due to his endurance and tenacity
Madonna plays before Lloydy bc he's not a one trick pony
In terms of offering multiple roles
Madonna wins there.
Knights will need to convince me that he's running at 100% b4 he plays .good footy brain and finds space bc of this , but one on one he's tooooooooo slow aNd worried about him being out run when the ball hits the deck . Game may have gone passed him

Agree with comments Gordon replaces Grigg due to his endurance and tenacity
Madonna plays before Lloydy bc he's not a one trick pony
In terms of offering multiple roles
Madonna wins there.
Knights will need to convince me that he's running at 100% b4 he plays .good footy brain and finds space bc of this , but one on one he's tooooooooo slow aNd worried about him being out run when the ball hits the deck . Game may have gone passed him

Agree..

I think Lloyd, McD and possibly Lennon could all be fighting for that spot, as you have said McD and also Lennon have more strings in their bow and i would keep using Gordon the way they have been, i also think he is jittery with ball but he did make an impact in his role last year and whilst we are lacking speed and run hes a good interim proposition

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like both but only believe as a forward only Lloyd has shown me he can make it. Gordon is a hard one, you cant question his endeavor and work ethic, he just tries so hard its admirable BUT he is a very limited footballer IMO. He did some nice things this year but also some real shockers, I hope he makes it but I still have doubts.

For me, I believe Knights will fill the role quite easily. He will force a small back to stay with him because he is so dangerous, not just kicking goals but kicking to a lead. If Knights does not come on then i think McDonough will show he has a lot more tricks then both Gordon and Lloyd.

A+ response right there, did not need to read any further into the thread.

I like both but only believe as a forward only Lloyd has shown me he can make it. Gordon is a hard one, you cant question his endeavor and work ethic, he just tries so hard its admirable BUT he is a very limited footballer IMO. He did some nice things this year but also some real shockers, I hope he makes it but I still have doubts.

For me, I believe Knights will fill the role quite easily. He will force a small back to stay with him because he is so dangerous, not just kicking goals but kicking to a lead. If Knights does not come on then i think McDonough will show he has a lot more tricks then both Gordon and Lloyd.
Can't see that at all, in last 6 weeks Gordo firmed a spot in the side that earnt him a finals slot, can mark, run all day, handles the pill clean , has a radar around goal and for a baby faced assassin has a decent physical edge , dishing out a few bumps with a sting. Well ahead of lloyd who never strung two good games together ....hope he can bridge that in 2014

Gordon is still a millisecond off the pace of AFL on a weekly basis, getting those consecutive games towards the end of the year helped him immensely . The coaching staff need to back him again and if he plays 12 quarters of trial games and the first 5 rounds he'll well and truley have that forward flank to himself. Once he owns that then we can move him to the wing in 2016. We need more composure in those wings at the moment so Ellis and Duggin would be nice or maybe Ellis and Lennon if Lennon can trim down the fat *. Looks like he's been on a diet of turtle and soft drink.

Just joking about Lennon, he needed to bulk up and will trim down in weeks.

Gordon is still a millisecond off the pace of AFL on a weekly basis, getting those consecutive games towards the end of the year helped him immensely . The coaching staff need to back him again and if he plays 12 quarters of trial games and the first 5 rounds he'll well and truley have that forward flank to himself. Once he owns that then we can move him to the wing in 2016. We need more composure in those wings at the moment so Ellis and Duggin would be nice or maybe Ellis and Lennon if Lennon can trim down the fat ****. Looks like he's been on a diet of turtle and soft drink.

Just joking about Lennon, he needed to bulk up and will trim down in weeks.
Haha , has filled out some Lennon, FMD, I didn't recognize him, he ll be right,

Roachy, did you watch any Port games this year? They have pumped up Matty Whites stocks and he looked great. I spoke to Andrew Swallow at a function this year and h was scathing at Richmond for letting White go.

Did you tell Swallow White was a free agent and he decided to leave. We didn't trade or delist him, we offered him a contract which he declined. Does he actually know how FA works?

White had a typical White Richmond season - except he played it at Port...
Anyway, that's in the past.
Seeing that latest training pic of Sherman tank Lennon, he is our future!

Did you tell Swallow White was a free agent and he decided to leave. We didn't trade or delist him, we offered him a contract which he declined. Does he actually know how FA works?
Yeah Swallow knew how it all works but like everyone else with a brain in their head he thought we under valued White which is how it all went down.

Last edited:
Back