News Sam Mitchell Heading home at seasons end.

Remove this Banner Ad

It's all about Sam Mitchell - leaves a club on the rebuild for WCE ( a brilliant futures move by Clarko?) gets refreshed at a new club as star midfielder and leader, gets to be
an assistant midfield coach, gets a premiership gong, returns to Hawks (with insider knowledge of Eagles), trains as assistant coach.
Sam's clearly not stupid when it comes to footy smarts or advancing his career.
His 2 year presence has injected the Eagles with some extra class and smarts.
He moves on. We move on. That's footy.

Last edited:

Disappointed to see Sammy go, but winning the Flag makes everything feel better.

Coaching structure next year will be very interesting, especially if we add our stand alone team in the WAFL.

Basically need to add 2 new names to the list.

Does Ezy want a job after retirement? Plenty of jobs for the boys already.

Has been working with the fitness staff over the last month and is or has finished his sports science degree...so wouldn’t suprise me if he has a gig next year working with the fitness team

Has been working with the fitness staff over the last month and is or has finished his sports science degree...so wouldn’t suprise me if he has a gig next year working with the fitness team
He finished a physio degree two years ago - walked across the stage at the same graduation ceremony as my wife.

Was there ever a general consensus as to why he's leaving?

Heard everything from "the mrs" to ambition to pay
The rumour I heard had to do with an ultimatum to move back to Victoria as a result of Sam’s dalliances with the prominent ex-wife of a former Eagles player.

Make of that what you will. That’s certainly doing the gossip rounds.

The rumour I heard had to do with an ultimatum to move back to Victoria as a result of Sam’s dalliances with the prominent ex-wife of a former Eagles player.

Make of that what you will. That’s certainly doing the gossip rounds.

I read that on the Rumour board.

Who is the player rumoured to be?

This sounds as silly as the reason Woosha had a bad year in 2013 where his wife ran off with an ex eagles assistant.

I read that on the Rumour board.

Who is the player rumoured to be?

This sounds as silly as the reason Woosha had a bad year in 2013 where his wife ran off with an ex eagles assistant.
Without naming names but by process of elimination she is a “Perthonality” with a reasonable social media presence and a slew of casual media gigs. Also still leveraging off the former player’s surname despite being separated (and potentially divorced) for some time now.

Without naming names but by process of elimination she is a “Perthonality” with a reasonable social media presence and a slew of casual media gigs. Also still leveraging off the former player’s surname despite being separated (and potentially divorced) for some time now.

Yep i know the one you are speaking about and it was the first person i thought of.

Where there's smoke there's Rayne?

So living in Perth is "not conducive with a young family". Haha what a crock. How is hauling his kids out of school an improvement on his current situation? Any way, he's undoubtedly helped us win a flag, so thank you. He just doesn't need to lie about why he's leaving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So living in Perth is "not conducive with a young family". Haha what a crock. How is hauling his kids out of school an improvement on his current situation? Any way, he's undoubtedly helped us win a flag, so thank you. He just doesn't need to lie about why he's leaving.

More like his wife couldn't cop being in Perth, far away from their family more like it.

He didn't say that. He had issues raising his family in Perth away from his support network. Not issues raising a family in general.

Disappointed to see Sammy go, but winning the Flag makes everything feel better.

Coaching structure next year will be very interesting, especially if we add our stand alone team in the WAFL.

Basically need to add 2 new names to the list.

Does Ezy want a job after retirement? Plenty of jobs for the boys already.
Ezy will likely start in strength and conditioning or similar (has a degree in that), then may end up in admin or similar I am guessing, probably will do a business degree or something I would think if he wants to do that as he's mentioned in the past.

Out of context unless you read the full article.

Happy he helped the squad but assistants come and go.
This.

While the Hawks are wrapped to have Sammy back and the WCE would be dissapointed at losing him, assistant coaches do indeed come and go.

The Hawks have been losing assistant coaches at an astonishing rate for years now.

Hardwick,Beverage,Cameron,Bolton,Simmo,Ratten, also lost Fagan to Brissie.

You just bring in the next bloke and away you go.

PS, very happy to hear Chance Bateman has a gig at the Eagles as he is just an outstanding citizen and role model, an absolute ripper of a bloke.

Going back to hawthorn a true family club. Was the eagles not a real one? Funny thing to say
Perhaps Hawks have been a family club for much longer, Eagles didn't exactly have that rap prior to Simmo - think 2006 team and Woosha era. Was more girlfriends and bachelor party stuff. Don't recall much 'family values' talk.

Read how he had been in talks with the club midway through the season and his comments were that the club, particularly Vozzo, were very supportive and understanding of his situation - typically classy, professional work from the club.

Also liked how he saw the season out and no doubt contributed to us winning a Premiership. Will also leave a lasting legacy with both the players he coached and the other coaches he worked with. Wish him all the best in the future and thanks for the contribution.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back