Toast Shannon Hurn - Retiring End Of 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Club great. Will be missed. One of the most reliable players I've ever seen.

Wild to think he played with Drew Banfield, who played in the 1994 Premiership, let alone Cuz, Judd and Reuben Ginbey our 2030 premiership captain etc

efa

Thanks for the blood, sweat and tears Bunga. We luv ya mate!
Didn't think anyone was ever going to crack the 300 in blue and gold. No one more deserving.

chest-thump-eddie-griffin.gif

Much respect for Hurn; I reckon his leadership alone was a massive reason that the Eagles were able to turn around a poor start against Collingwood in the 2018 GF.
I just remember him being very vocal, getting around his teammates with good body language and a calm demeanour. Priceless stuff. Good luck in retirement Shannon.

Congratulations on a wonderful career Shannon. Have been one of my favourites for such a long time it is sad to see you leave. But what a career!

He’s been so consistently good for such a long time.

He’s right up there with the very best to ever play for our great club. Somehow looks younger than when he started, but he well deserves each and every accolade coming his way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hurn is the quintessential West Coast player, the type we like making captain - a hard backman with a bit of flair.

And on his day he would dominate. Beating his man, zoning off, playing third man, counter attacking with precise disposal.

I can't remember a more consistent Eagles player. It's jarring when he makes a mistake.

His leadership, particularly on-field, will be greatly missed. Hurn marshalled that backline for years. And even now, this late into his career, it has been noticeably more dysfunctional when he hasn't played.

Brilliant career, a true West Coast champion.

“ Oh Captain my Captain.”

Heart and soul sort of guy that any football club would love to have on their list.
Played it hard and fair, no “rasamatas” no frills no glory hunting, just a rock solid football who’s footy IQ set him apart from most who play the game.

The ultimate team man, one who lived by the mantra the club is bigger than the individual.

Exceptional role model and leader around the Club.

Cleanskin off the field and a great all round guy.

Going to be missed and yes he is a Club Legend.

Thanks for your dedication, loyalty and service Premiership Captain.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏🏆👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Remove this Banner Ad

Back