Sammy Mitchell should we approach him?

Remove this Banner Ad

keep Leon for now, but have to agree - if we don't go deep into September (week 2 at minimum) - questions need to be asked....

but at the same time - if your gonna axe him, you need to have someone better coming in.....

Exactly. Carko wiuld be the best gettable coach.
I'm actually very happy with Leon. He took over the team after two wooden spoons and had us in the top 4 in two years. There was always talent and the guys were growing up but our rise was never certain. We've never played an EF because our first in year finals we finished 4th and lost our PF by a goal. That was an incredible effort for a clubs first year.
Last year we didn't improve but we had serious setbacks. So unless Clarkson calls and says he'd like to come and coach, my wish is we dont change.

I cant see we will anyway, so it's all good.

I am on the get him into the club bandwagon but as an assistant, not sure if he would be interested in another move with his family and not sure their connections to Perth apart from Simpson coaching at the Hawks but money can motivate, I think he initially signed a 2 year contract for player coach
Then if the club would also think it is a good move but after losing Johnson to the Swans the club needs to add to the coaching staff

Sam Mitchell will be a great coach I’d say a couple years too soon rn
Agree - Mitchell's too raw atm.
Interestingly if Hawks regress a lot by the end of the season there's a chance in the near future Alistair Clarke might be an option with the help of the AFL.

Agree - Mitchell's too raw atm.
Interestingly if Hawks regress a lot by the end of the season there's a chance in the near future Alistair Clarke might be an option with the help of the AFL.
There's no reason to think the AFL has any interest in helping. Having gone deep into finals fir the last two years, there's not gonna be any focus on helping us onfield..

I think the most likely case is this year is viewed as a write-off due to injuries, with a caveat of if we underperform next year we'll likely be looking for a new coach at the end of the year. IIRC there's no major talent off contract at the end of this year so we'll be fielding a stable team going into next year - so no excuses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back