Sando sacked - confirmed **** crows only ****

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not actually sure and I didn't google it but was Goodwin at the Dons during the "experamental phase"?

I'd hope the Crows board stay clear of him if so, Hird's win at all costs methods are not something you want infiltrating your club.
Yes he was, been there since he finished playing in about 2010 from memory

feel bad for Sando but this is a move that was screaming out to be made. you can onlu use stats so many times before they ring like hollow excuses and that 40 minute post season interview on 5AA was illuminating in how little substance there was to his coaching philosophies.
any chance you have a link to the audio? i had a look but didnt find it, would love to listen to it

I think the issue of performance clauses in his contract and the potential loss of large amounts of money may have influenced sanderson to go for the 8 at all costs, which influenced selections towards maximising our ladder position, playing older injured players rather than developing talent for the ongoing success of the club, and sadly it seems to have cost everyone involved.

I think the issue of performance clauses in his contract and the potential loss of large amounts of money may have influenced sanderson to go for the 8 at all costs, which influenced selections towards maximising our ladder position, playing older injured players rather than developing talent for the ongoing success of the club, and sadly it seems to have cost everyone involved.

From the very little of the matches I have seen this season, it appeared to me Sando lost matches on Thursday night at the selection table and on game day in the box.

Matt Crouch and Lyons have reasons to be aggrieved with the treatment they received regarding selections.

Something that I have thought over the last 30 minutes, could Sando have the last laugh and sue the AFC for unfair dismissal?????

Still had 2 years to go on his contract and this "sacking" will affect his coaching future.

I'm speculating here, but the club statement said they had "agreed to part ways", which likely means the club and Sando settled on an agreed payout. Sanderson would have then signed a legally binding exit agreement, which if the club has any idea of what they're doing, will protect the AFC from future legal action relating to his dismissal.

Either that or he did have performance clauses in his contract which he did not meet, allowing the club to remove him as per the agreed contract.

Just remembered on the 5AA interview with Fagan how he said they had organised a call with Dangerfield that night. Found it odd to say it had been organised, why not just call his number. Now I am thinking it may have been a conference call with other board members to talk about Sando.

You may be right, but the thing to remember here is that the players are currently on their own time. Dangerfield may not even be in the same timezone as Adelaide at the moment.

Something that I have thought over the last 30 minutes, could Sando have the last laugh and sue the AFC for unfair dismissal?????

Still had 2 years to go on his contract and this "sacking" will affect his coaching future.

He can't claim unfair dismissal through Fair Work Australia due to threshold rules.

Whether the AFC is liable through the court depends on the contract, but I doubt it very much they would have a coach contract that is so unfavourable that the coach could sue for damages.

I notice on the 5AA website it states the following

So the Chief football writer doesn't even pull 6 figures. Guess that is why he is still there.

http://www.fiveaa.com.au/presenters-interests

Nobody at the Advertiser is on good money. Nor at the Hun, or the Daily Terrorgraph, or the Courier. It's a big elephant in the room that News somehow manages to get them all to ignore - all the state daily employees earn half of what the people at The Australian earn, despite the Oz being the worst performer in the local News print portfolio, which is some title to hold given how badly they're all doing.

Nobody at the Advertiser is on good money. Nor at the Hun, or the Daily Terrorgraph, or the Courier. It's a big elephant in the room that News somehow manages to get them all to ignore - all the state daily employees earn half of what the people at The Australian earn, despite the Oz being the worst performer in the local News print portfolio, which is some title to hold given how badly they're all doing.

Is it true that the Rooch isn't on more than 100k? Surely not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree, but only when there is a credible replacement. If the club has paid out 1.2 million in order to get Roo's best mate in as coach then this has the potential to turn our club into a laughing stock. I am just praying that we have someone high profiled lined up to justify our actions.

Didn't Roo pay out Goodwin from all of his pubs because he was sick of him contributing nothing and just walking in and asking for a pay cheque?

To humour you, it would have to be Longmire or Clarkson.

No way Hinkley is leaving Port, B Scott no thanks and North are up and coming.

If Clarkson is under contract and it's not him, does anyone know the length of Longmire's contract?

Longmire to AFC, Dew to senior coach of SS?
What will Tippett do with a short coach???

It isn't small. Daily circulation is close to 580,000 papers per day.

100k is not a big salary. Would have expected him to be on a lot more than that.

No, it has a M-F average circulation of 140k - the Hun is the largest in Aus with 390k daily average - it is a small paper, and $100k is a large salary in journalism, I'm really not sure where anyone gets their ideas about salaries in various industries.

The Advertiser average pay rate was $115k before News slashed the work force earlier this year.

Last edited:
But do we really know that he isnt? Look at every bloody issue he has had to deal with, I guess his replacement is going to have a big challenge on his hands.

Mate it has nothing to do with that.. even last year he wasn't able to think on the spot..

Prime examples:

Deledio is killing is.. don't tag
Hurn is killing us.. don't tag
Johnson and Sandilands are filling the holes... Don't change our game plans..

Great bloke but just didn't seem to have it

No, it has a M-F average circulation of 140k - the Hun is the largest in Aus with 390k daily average - it is a small paper, and $100k is a large salary in journalism, I'm really not sure where anyone gets their ideas about salaries in various industries. Not sure there'd really be anyone beyond the Editor in Chief on over $100k at the Advertiser.
Explains the quality. ..

Explains the quality. ..

Lots of things have contributed to the decline, such as Rupert getting more bullish about using his papers as propaganda sheets for whatever he wants in each particular market, and the 24 hour internet news cycle meaning that someone has to be there, every second of the day, ready and able to hammer out a quick article based on flimsy twitter chatter lest they be beaten to the punch and nobody click, but a big one is the low salaries. Low compared to what a journalism graduate can get working a PR job for a large corporation, most importantly. The remaining journalists are the crusaders who can't get a gig, and really don't want a gig, at the News empire and end up working lesser known websites (no big independent papers here like in the States) for even less money, and the rabble who couldn't pass a communication test at a PR job interview that write for News today!

As an ambassador of the club David should himself be very embarrassed with that comment. The club has done the right thing, regardless of it being a dog act or not.
Who the hell is Pembo. Obviously he has led a sheltered life if he has never heard of a coach getting the sack. Yet another supposed crows supporting media identity who never comes out to defend the club but is quick to criticise. Gutless, soft utensil.

No, it has a M-F average circulation of 140k - the Hun is the largest in Aus with 390k daily average - it is a small paper, and $100k is a large salary in journalism, I'm really not sure where anyone gets their ideas about salaries in various industries.

The Advertiser average pay rate was $115k before News slashed the work force earlier this year.

Fair enough. I am not arguing with you. (I was tricked into that circulation from wikipedia).

Just genuinely surprised that the head football writer for a football mad state is on less than 100k.

In 2012 he did when everything went right, there were events from that prelim onwards that conspired against him.

I would have given him one more year with a proper assistants at the helm. If you read though all the crap that happened to us since that ill fated 2012 prelim, it was always going to be challenge.

Probably what happened is that Danger, Tex, Sloane and Talia spilled the beans on Sando to Roo. Roo may have saved a massive player exodus had he stayed with Sando. I dont know Im just speculating.

Grotto do you understand that he lost the players, keeping him for another year would not have recovered the situation and it would have made things worse with the potential lost of players

People also need to stop using Tippett and Bailey as excuses, the players gripe seems to be key fundamentals that were not being delivered consistently by the coach and the coach himself compromising standards that had been agreed to with the leadership group

Sanderson has failed to live by the standards that he has set and failed to apply key fundamentals of his role, he needs to be held accountable

The club has FINALLY said mediocrity is not accepted, so should you

Well the hours between 10:45pm and 6:45am have yielded 10 pages that I'm sure had all the scoops in them - but I cannot be farked reading - I'm guessing that a lot of people come out with details on something they know nothing about :)

As far as the leadership group instigating the removal of Sanderson - that's what I'd want my leaders to do - you know, lead.

Would we prefer them to sit there and cop it? They are the ones who see the reality of what Sando was doing day-in day-out. We all think we know what is going on, but we ALL have no idea.

I like that Dangerfield put his hand up and said this is not how I want to spend the prime years of my Football career - striving for 8th. These guys compare themselves to their mates from other clubs and know when they aren't getting the standard required.

The players are the club as far as I'm concerned. Sure we have admin and coaches that have very important roles - but its the players that go out and put themselves on the line physically and mentally. It is their whole life. I don't see them as sitting "under" the coach in the hierarchy, they have every right to demand of the club ... as a group. (different if you are talking about individuals)

We need a coach that the players respect in every way.

Sanderson lost that respect and the players did the right thing telling the board exactly why.

Bring a new news day, looking forward to seeing all of the obvious coaches getting held up as a certainty before we go for someone not on the radar !!

From the little bit I've seen, apparently the leaders are:

1/ Dew
2/ Goodwin
3/ Bassett

Let's see if thats right.

You may be right, but the thing to remember here is that the players are currently on their own time. Dangerfield may not even be in the same timezone as Adelaide at the moment.

Danger is in Victoria on an AFL/Toyota tour of country Victoria, so yes, not in the 'same timezone'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back