Sandringham Dragons Final List 2006

Remove this Banner Ad

Dockers stick it up the saints!!! eat their hearts out saints

The AFL has awarded Fremantle the win over St Kilda, with the league's commission deciding after a special meeting on Wednesday that fairness must prevail.

The AFL Commission met for more than four hours on Wednesday afternoon, hearing submissions from both the Saints and the Dockers.

The meeting came about as a result of Sunday's match at Launceston's Aurora Stadium, which finished in a draw but only after the Saints kicked a point to level the scores several seconds after the final siren rang. A timekeeping error meant that the siren was rung off before the field umpire could acknowledge the end of the match.

In handing down the decision, AFL Commission chairman Ron Evans said that all timekeepers would be reminded again if their requirement to ring the siren until acknowledged by the field umpire and also committed the AFL to immediately improving the technology available to umpires so that they know immediately when it is the end of the match.

bombsaway man said:
Well, he is just as good as filthy phil zarra the champ, both are top 5 draft picks

Your living in a fantasy world... Zarra has never been in the best...Will very rarely get in the best and will never make Nationals or Draft camp and won't be picked up

I aways said the champ dan anthony woul gey through to nationals, here are the other sandy boys who got through

Daniel Anthony Sandringham Chris Dawes Sandringham Matthew Suckling Sandringham Sam Monaghan Sandringham Michael Curcio Sandringham

I'm a bit suprised that Tommi Johnson and Phil Zarra, the two Mrrish Medal favorites, are not on the list, I notice Robby Layton is on some vic mrtro lists, is he in the squad or not?

-----------------------------------------------effective kicks
Tom Curry (Sandringham Dragons) --------------------32

Nathan Roberts (Sandringham Dragons) ----------------9

Michael Curcio (Sandringham Dragons) ----------------31

Joel Coombes (Sandringham Dragons) -----------------31

Andrew McConnell (Sandringham Dragons) -------------23

Kyle Rodwell (Sandringham Dragons) -------------------27

Sam Monaghan (Sandringham Dragons) ----------------39

Rennie Gilchrist (Sandringham Dragons) ----------------32

Phillip Zarra (Sandringham Dragons) --------------------30

Jake Muir (Sandringham Dragons) -----------------------35

Hiwad Shakaib (Sandringham Dragons) ------------------20

Nicholas Henry (Sandringham Dragons) ------------------21

Simon Richards (Sandringham Dragons) ------------------10

Daniel Anthony (Sandringham Dragons) ------------------22

Josh Boyle (Sandringham Dragons) -----------------------29

Tomi Johnston (Sandringham Dragons) --------------------22

Matthew Suckling (Sandringham Dragons) -----------------39

Jack Hellier (Sandringham Dragons) -----------------------12

Chris Dawes (Sandringham Dragons) -----------------------29

Andrew McGuiness (Sandringham Dragons) ----------------34

Simon Tehennepe (Sandringham Dragons) -----------------12

Jason Weigler (Sandringham Dragons) ----------------------6

Shannon Franklin (Sandringham Dragons) ------------------12

Tom Nash (Sandringham Dragons) ---------------------------9

Shane Tregear (Sandringham Dragons) ----------------------21

John Shaw (Sandringham Dragons) ---------------------------4

Christopher Torcasio (Sandringham Dragons) ----------------15

Justin Summons (Sandringham Dragons) ---------------------2

Chris Richards (Sandringham Dragons) ------------------------1

Kane Penhalluriack (Sandringham Dragons)------------------- 5

Jake Williams (Sandringham Dragons) -------------------------12

Robert Layton (Sandringham Dragons) -------------------------1

Brad Gilder (Sandringham Dragons) ----------------------------5

Jarrad Kenny (Sandringham Dragons) --------------------------3

Shane Murphy (Sandringham Dragons) -------------------------1

bombsaway man said:
I'm a bit suprised that Tommi Johnson and Phil Zarra, the two Mrrish Medal favorites, are not on the list quote]

get out of your little wonder land they arent the favorites......who says they are?....u?wow arent you smart,top ten draft picks ey????cant even get a gig in the best 40 odd players in victoria metropolitan so how are they going to be in the top ten for the country? and dont say youve never said top ten becuase youve said it numerous times!!!! :D:D:D:D off back to the dragons site where you can tell eachother how good you are!!!!

and yes tommi is a good player not great but good

Agreed although Johnstone is far better than Zarra you see these are zarra's mates and all they can do is talk him up it's pathetic. You are seriously infatuated with your mate......

mightysainters said:
Agreed although Johnstone is far better than Zarra you see these are zarra's mates and all they can do is talk him up it's pathetic. You are seriously infatuated with your mate......

Phils a champ and a top bloke, he will be in the top 2 drafts picks for 2006 and the win the morrish medal and also win the dragons best and fairest!!! He can kick the ball 80 meters on both feet on a good day and can hand pass it 40 meters on the run. He is a much better footballer than johnson, kennedy and hawkins who rare not as talented as filthy phil. Sheedy loves him and says he will be the next vanderhah, james hird or bomber thompson. :thumbsu: :p :D :) :thumbsu:

bombsaway man said:
Phils a champ and a top bloke, he will be in the top 2 drafts picks for 2006 and the win the morrish medal and also win the dragons best and fairest!!! He can kick the ball 80 meters on both feet on a good day and can hand pass it 40 meters on the run. He is a much better footballer than johnson, kennedy and hawkins who rare not as talented as filthy phil. Sheedy loves him and says he will be the next vanderhah, james hird or bomber thompson. :thumbsu: :p :D :) :thumbsu:

80 meters?.....ben graham couldnt do that!
40 meters?....greg williams couldnt even do that!
kevin sheedy wouldnt even kno who the Fhuck he is!!!!
morrish medal?....he wont even get a vote!
hawkins,johnston,kennedy,anthony,dawes, are all 20 times the player than what phil will ever be!get your head out of phils arse and look at the real world!you are wasting everybodies time with your pathetic posts.....give it up!

bombsaway man said:

Zarra is a soft outside reciever and isnt good enough to be compared to any AFL player not to mention 3 absoloute champions. u idiot.

bombsaway man said:

Zarra's good, a lot better than what others believe, but kicking a ball 80 meters and hand passing it 40 meters is a bit much to handle, maybe you mean feet? Anyway, young Anthony is doing real well and has made the final cut for the Vic metro side - without any exaggeration this kid is good

Chimpy29 said:
Zarra's good, a lot better than what others believe, but kicking a ball 80 meters and hand passing it 40 meters is a bit much to handle, maybe you mean feet? Anyway, young Anthony is doing real well and has made the final cut for the Vic metro side - without any exaggeration this kid is good

Kane Penhalluriack played excellently as well on the weekend.He is one to watch I think he will also be a champion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another great win by the boys but Dan Anthony was easily best on ground, Phil had a quite game. Anyway good to see the grat Hawkins getting a go at the cats - THEY WILL NEED HIM!! THERE SEASON HAS GONE

Cats jump at chance to snare Hawkins

The son of "Jumping" Jack Hawkins will become the sixth father-son draftee on the Cats' list at this year's national draft.
After being on the Cats' radar for two years, club officials and the Hawkins family have reached a verbal agreement.

The 17-year-old, who is captain of the Melbourne Grammar team, starred for Australia in the recent international series against Ireland.

At 198cm and 97kg, Hawkins is the tall forward prospect the Cats have been desperately seeking to develop.

Australian coach Alan McConnell described Hawkins as strong and powerful in the same mould as Brown.

"He is big, strong, powerful and has a good attack on the footy," McConnell said yesterday.

"I'm not saying he is going to be Jonathan Brown, but there is a lot of Jonathan Brown in him in terms of his physical presence, and he plays a little bit the same way.

"He runs straight lines. He's not an enforcer, but he certainly has a presence and composure about him when he plays."

Hawkins has been part of the AIS scholarship program run by McConnell during the past 12 months.

Under the father-son draft rules Geelong has to part with only a third-round selection for Hawkins.

It is a deal other recruiters have described as a "gold mine" for the Cats.

"He's a beauty, a definite first-round and wouldn't have been out of place in the top 10," a rival recruiter said.

McConnell agrees the Cats are on a winner with the exciting key forward.

"Tommy would have been in the first round without any question," he said.

The Cats have been the major beneficiary of the father-son rule with selections such as Matthew Scarlett (pick No. 45) and Gary Ablett (No. 40). Other father-sons on the list include Nathan Ablett, Mark Blake and Tim Callan.

Jack Hawkins played 182 games with Geelong from 1973-81 and was named at centre half-back in Geelong's team of the half-century (1946-96).

His uncles Michael and Robb Hawkins played senior football at Geelong. A grandfather on his mother Jenny's side, Fred Le Deux, played 18 games with the Cats from 1956-58.

Continuing the links, Tom's sister Jane goes out with Cats midfielder Jimmy Bartel.

Tom moved down from the family's farm in Finley three years ago to board at Melbourne Grammar.

While eligible to play for New South Wales in next month's under-18 national championships, he has sought a clearance to Vic Metro, given he lives in Melbourne and is unable to attend any NSW training camps.

He is also expected to play some TAC Cup matches with the Sandringham Dragons.

Hawkins was exceptional in his first appearance for the Dragons in the under-18 competition last year, kicking four goals.

dan Anthony is an inform player... his position on the feild is his only let down. iv seen this boy play in other key positions like chf or even ff... he can turn a game around, if dan Anthony does step up that extra notch, and gets reckonised a little more. this guy will see results and go far with his footy... Also a great skip, unlike johnno :D

what do the public think of kyle Rodwell, he plays at sandringham first year player... wears number 32... will he get drafted?????

footy_star said:
what do the public think of kyle Rodwell, he plays at sandringham first year player... wears number 32... will he get drafted?????
you said about Dan Anthony that "his position on the feild is his only let down". Could the same comment apply to Rodwell being used by the Dragons as a 190cm ruckman at the moment?

thanks for the reply footyman... i was only stating that dan anthony playing at full back is certainly not his prefered position, i have seen dan at his best and this will not occur if he his stuck out at fb. dan is a kpp and fb is not his position... however, rodwell is not the prefered ruckman at sandy, shawry is. as you might be aware he is a school boy, so for Rodwells efforts to compete and beat his opponent around the ground is a good job... are you implying that his not suited for this role, if so where then...

You too wild for me footy-star.

Dragon will finish 7th 0r 8th this year and its good the moderator deleted the phil zarra sites, they were way over the top and took the seriosness away from 'possitive' postings.

Its now the business end of the season and we will see the best player shine - hopefully. And regardless of all the crap said abour zarra and anthoney etc, the fact is, they are good and handy footballers and may even get drafted or rookied. The dragons are are good squad so don't knock them. Last year warnock, phillips, thomas and buckely all ended up at AFL Clubs and this year at least 4 or 5 will also get the chance.

footy block said:
You too wild for me footy-star.

Dragon will finish 7th 0r 8th this year and its good the moderator deleted the phil zarra sites, they were way over the top and took the seriosness away from 'possitive' postings.

Its now the business end of the season and we will see the best player shine - hopefully. And regardless of all the crap said abour zarra and anthoney etc, the fact is, they are good and handy footballers and may even get drafted or rookied. The dragons are are good squad so don't knock them. Last year warnock, phillips, thomas and buckely all ended up at AFL Clubs and this year at least 4 or 5 will also get the chance.

Footy_star the game is up now son, we now know that you are Kyle Rodwell himself! :cool:

Please just stop getting on bigfooty asking questions about yourself and your form and draft ability, your a very sad boy in my opinion little man. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Unlike kyle Rodwell himself aka footy_star, I dont rate his chances of getting drafted because his attitude sucks!! If i was him I'd start concentrating on my footy and then maybe things will come for him

Kegs44 said:
Unlike kyle Rodwell himself aka footy_star, I dont rate his chances of getting drafted because his attitude sucks!! If i was him I'd start concentrating on my footy and then maybe things will come for him

yeh kk, keep thinking this is kyle... i know the guy really well and trust me his attitude is as good as it comes... so kegs, get your hand off your little c ock and how about not being so negative towards every thread your apart of...
kyle will see results:D

Hey, just wondering how Matty Suckling is going this season. Is he a chance of being drafted this year or next? What posi might he go etc.

Suckling is a champion but phil zarra has the abilities talents and grunt in him to be a lot better. Anthoney is the dude to watch. But without being biased, suckling is the inform dude down there at dragons.

I thought it would more fair to do a genuin under 18s player in the weekly footy record - someone like Anthony, Zarra or Sucking - Old man ****** wasn't happy with an under 19 player given recognition over the genuin under 18 players. And so he should be!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back