Portfolio SANFL based Alternate History

Remove this Banner Ad

Despite being a Victorian, it is still interesting if a national competition evolved from the SANFL. It would be great if the other 8 teams were revealed, although I may guess who some of them are (I won't tell because there could be potential spoilers).

Out of the 10 revealed teams' designs, they are spot on.

Port's away is cool (and I'd say Port would use their home than away to play Collingwood, given Collingwood have a mainly white home). West Coast being a relocated West Torrens is interesting. Norwood's is spot on and Glenelg's jumpers are what I would design them like. The Territory Brumbies have a cool jumper and the Brisbane Bears surviving to today in that ATL (alternate timeline) is unique, but possibly logical, if the VFL was to have struggled financially. North Adelaide's set is very nice, although in my imagination, I'd swap the home and away (but then the away would be pointless if North Adelaide used the red with white V as their home, since some teams in this universe have predominantly white guernseys). The Carlton/North merger is interesting; but would it influence supporters of other old VFL teams (minus Collingwood) to support them? The V jumper makes it look Victorian-based, giving it the possibility. Collingwood's all black away would make it redundant against Port (in my opinion), if a clash is required.

If you have time, El_Scorcho, it would be appreciated to finish off the alternate history. Imagined minds, when they work, result in interesting stories.

With Collingwood and Carlton sewn up, during 1990 the league set their sights on Essendon and Richmond. Both struggled to get a deal done with the SANFL because of the requirement for the clubs to change their guernsey designs.

Essendon steadfastly refused and set about bargaining with West Adelaide about changing their design so that Essendon's famous sash could be allowed in.

Richmond set about trying to get the rule changed, arguing that it was beneficial financially to have the VFL clubs come over wearing their famous guernseys.

During the squabbling, Hawthorn rang the SANFL and said "We'll bring you Jarman, Ayers, Dunstall, Brereton and The Rat."

Hawthorn join the SANFL in time for the 1991 season. Here is their home strip (on the newer template):

Hawthorn also had a pair of gold shorts to help with preventing clashes after 1999.

OWeNSIr.png

Next: Hawthorn Clash

Now you'll have to switch all your old designs to the new template!
There is zero chance.

For example, I didn't even have Hawthorn next on my list, I just already had the sponsors etc already there from the AFL by Umbro thread I used to launch the template so it was less effort.

If I decide I'm not going to finish I'll at least post a list of the remaining clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apologies to bump the thread after almost four years of inactivity, who were the other 7 teams since they have not even been revealed yet and the project is dormant?
Would you be fine if I have a stab in guessing them?

Apologies to bump the thread after almost four years of inactivity, who were the other 7 teams since they have not even been revealed yet and the project is dormant?
#BumpOfTheYear

No plans to complete it but I think I still have the spreadsheet, so guess away!

The 7 guesses would be:
-Central District
-Fremantle (identity is still the same as what we know in our timeline)
-Geelong
-South Adelaide
-Sydney Bloods (relocated West Adelaide - don't confuse with the Sydney Swans)
-Tasmania
-Woodville

Another possibility is that West Adelaide stay in Adelaide and Woodville relocate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back